[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I went mushroom picking for the first time yesterday and found

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_0001.jpg (2MB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0001.jpg
2MB, 2592x1936px
I went mushroom picking for the first time yesterday and found these chanterelles within an hour. I went home, cleaned and stored them as per instructions I found online.

I don't really know what to make with them for Thanksgiving. I need to cook it today and then store it until tomorrow evening since I work tomorrow.

Do you guys know of anything? Maybe a stuffing? I'm worried about it absorbing any oils overnight.
>>
Yeah they would go fine in stuffing. Even in a bean or squash casserole dish.
>>
toss them in your gravy, mushroom and poultry go great together.
>>
>>8303837
i've got no idea what do you eat at thanksgiving but they're great with cream served as a sauce with meat or potatoes.
>>
>>8303837
Congrats! Good haul. What region of the country do you live in? Here in Mississippi it's been so dry I haven't found jack shit this fall.
>>
File: IMG_0003.jpg (2MB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0003.jpg
2MB, 2592x1936px
>>8304178
Pacific Northwest - Washington! I'm right by a perfect forest. First time, too, found that huge gourd of a thing under a big log. Would've been gone the next day since it stormed right after.

I've decided on marinating them overnight as per the first recipe listed on http://www.mssf.org/cookbook/chanterelle.html, as that has the best chance of preserving until tomorrow. For my next meal I'll go with an omelet!
>>
>>8304284
why can't you save them until tomorrow without marinating? they won't be quite as fresh but still be fine.

I've made mushroom pate out of small finds like that. Its a good way to really enjoy them without overpowering the flavor. I love chants but they have a mild flavor
>>
>>8304284
>Pacific Northwest - Washington

Lucky. I was in Forks one Fall a few years ago and they had a huge mushroom festival going.

In Mississippi it's hit or miss depending on rainfall, both in Fall and Spring, and this year sucks. I know west of the Cascades you don't have to worry about rainfall.
>>
>>8304430
I work until 4:00 pm tomorrow, then 4:45 am the next day, so I just want to head over to where my family's meeting right after work and have the meal and hang for a bit, don't really want to do any preparing. Maybe a bit lazy, but saves me time I greatly need.

>>8304501
A mushroom festival! I got to go sometime. Honestly, I have a bit of mycophobia - mostly the molds and puffball-types fuck me up - but I'd love to go to that someday.

Unfortunate for your location. I'm very lucky to be in such a diverse land.
>>
>>8303837
Find some hallucinogenic mushrooms and let you and your family have a great time.
>>
>>8304535
I'm just waiting for someone to tell me "those aren't chanterelles! Those are Jack O'Lanterns! Have a great time!"
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.