[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How can I get motivated for Thanksgiving, /ck/. I'm going

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 1282894025418.jpg (58KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
1282894025418.jpg
58KB, 720x540px
How can I get motivated for Thanksgiving, /ck/. I'm going through a bout of depression, and I have family coming tomorrow, and I'm supposed to be cooking the entire Thanksgiving meal, and I've only done half the shopping, and less than half the housework needed, and I can't seem to get up and do it. I've been sleeping all day, and feel like I have brain fog. My family has never understood my depression and anxiety issues (one feeds the other) and they pretend it doesn't exist, so it's not like I can ask for their help. I know this isn't /adv/, it's /ck/, but ya'll are my home board, and I need help getting up and motivated to clean and cook this giant fucking meal. I don't even want to go to the store.....
Tell me something happy that will make me want to get this done.
>>
>>8300913
This a cooking board. We arent therapists. Fuck off and cook something.
>>
>>8300913
Think of every family member and count how many Thanksgivings left until they die
Im hoping grana goes on the lucky 7, can't take much more of her shit
>>
>>8300913
Eggnog
>>
>>8300913
Get up early tomorrow, make some coffee, put on some good music and half-ass clean the house, then go to the store. Go back home, cue up the music and get slightly drunk while you cook. Shit's fun by yourself!
>>
>>8300913
Get hammered on alcohol of choice. Cures depression instantly and will motivate you to do a bang up job.
>>
>>8301325
Yeah......already drank 2 bottles of wine. Luckily, I can walk to a really good grocery store from here.

>>8301280
This sounds like a pretty decent plan. Holidays kind of suck when you have the anxiety/depression combo, but I'm sure other people know exactly what I mean. I just wish everything wasn't on my shoulders. My family kind of sucks (but let's not get into that).

>>8300933
Ha, that made me smile.

>>8301248
Already have some in the fridge, but I need to pick up some brandy or whiskey to spike it.

>>8300925
Why be so mean to one of your own who's having problems? I care about all of you, I've been here for everyone for years and years. I just needed a friendly boost.

Thanks to everyone for replies, and I'll happily take more suggestions. I did manage to get in the shower and clean myself up, so I can go to the store. Anyone else have a hard time looking in the mirror when you're depressed? That's a weird phenomenon, it's like I'm looking at a ghost.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.