[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I get a meal out of this families? Something like a stew

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: 20161122_122109.jpg (950KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
20161122_122109.jpg
950KB, 2048x1152px
How do I get a meal out of this families? Something like a stew would be nice but I don't have the confidence to wing it
>>
not showcased: potaters.
Obviously I don't need to use everything, but the more I use the better, to outweigh the cost of the beef
>>
I mean, if you want a stew then make a stew man, it kind of puts itself together really. Leeks, carrots, and onion as the base, then flour and sear your beef, add beef stock and tomatoes if you want, add herbs/aromatics like bay and stuff and then leave for as long as you like. Serve with mash from the potatoes or go fancy and do some fondant potatoes.
>>
>>8299558
What this guy said
You can also add the potatoes to the stew itself
>>
stop shopping at coop you poor cunt
>>
>>8299558
don't forget the garlic. since you have it throw a few cloves in there
>>
>>8299558
>then flour and sear your beef,
h-how do you flour beef?
>>
>>8299565
this was actually at kvickly, they just have their claws in everything
>>
>>8299569
Erm. You get some flour and, you know, roll the beef in it? Usually with a bit of salt and pepper in the flour.
>>
>>8299569
By rubbing it with flour?
>>
>>8299573
I see, thanks
>>
>>8299569
put flour on a plate, dip both sides of the beef in flour, shake/brush off excess. brown the meat, but careful not to burn the flour
>>
>>8299491
I'd just make a soup with the beef boiled tender, potatoes, carrots and chicken stock, but maybe that's a waste of a decent cut of meat. It's simple and really good with some flour dumplings.
>>
STIRFRY
T
I
R
F
R
Y
>>
>>8299596
>potato, carrot, leek, and beef stirfry
nasty
>>
>>8299596
That's you people's solution to everything
>>
>>8299491
That's not a cut appropriate for stewing m8. If you braise it it will come out like shoe leather. Try a steak au poivre: http://cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/1017319-simple-steak-au-poivre with mashed leek taters. Or roast the taters and braise the leeks: http://cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/12667-elizabeths-braised-leeks-with-parmesan In the future you want a cut like chuck for braising.
>>
>>8299491
>>8299679
& you make a simple lentil soup with the carrots for later
>>
This has been helpful, thanks
>>
>>8299684
Listen to this guy, only sane advice so far
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.