[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to make chili with fish. Any do's or don'ts?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: chili with fish.jpg (38KB, 600x445px) Image search: [Google]
chili with fish.jpg
38KB, 600x445px
I want to make chili with fish. Any do's or don'ts? Anyone got recipes?
>>
>>8297741
Yeah, do replace fish with beef. Don't ever think about using fish again.
>>
>>8297741
>Any do's or don'ts?

Yes. Don't.
>>
>>8297741
what kind of fish are you going to use? i cant imagine to use cod or salmon in a dish that cooks for several hours, it will just turn into protein slime.
maybe use stockfish.
>>
>>8297741
You would have to add the fish at the very end or it will dissolve. I'd suggest using something like swordfish, even then which has a firm flesh.

I say go for it. It might be very good. Just don't overcook the fish.
>>
>>8297776
Maybe I could use stockfish and add fresh fish at the end?

>>8297788
I was thinking about using cod or mackerel, maybe both.
>>
>>8297802
give it a try. or maybe eel, if you fry it before putting it into the chili.
>>
>>8297802

Use fish stock (made in advance) as your cooking liquid. Then add the actual fish near the end of the cooking time.

>>cod or mackerel

You've got two very different fish there bro. I'd lean more towards the mackerel. You want a strongly flavored fish. If you used cod you'd be unable to taste the fish over the seasoning.
>>
>>8297741
DO NOT make chilli with fish
that simple
>>
>>8297821

You could fry any fish before adding it to the chili. That's a great way to help it retain it's shape and texture rather than falling apart. That's a very commonly used technique in Chinese cooking. You briefly deep-fry the protein before adding it to the soup or stir fry. You don't need any batter--just a light coating of cornstarch. Fry briefly, then add to the chili.
>>
>>8297802
Fish stock, definitely for the broth. I wouldn't do cod, too flimsy and mild. Mackeral might be a really good choice. Swordfish is firm, but bland, so I' m kind of leaning to your choice of mackeral.

Definitely post how it turned out. I'm really curious.
>>
It won't really be chili, more like spicy tomato fish stew.

You'll want your chili to be watery so that the fish poaches in it at the end. Monk fish might be a good choice.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.