[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone have experience with infusing alcohol? When letting the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 1

Anyone have experience with infusing alcohol?

When letting the ingredients soak, do I HAVE to have it in an airtight mason jar? Or will a big jug work fine?
>>
alcohol evaporates

that's why you seal it
>>
>>8295146
Even if I put it in the fridge or something?
>>
>>8295149
-_- ...

yes.
>>
>>8295175
What if I don't care about evaporation bc I have a ton of it, the fruit I put in there isn't going to like rot or fuck with the taste because its not sealed tight no?

Thanks for the responses btw, I tried googling this shit but didn't find anything reliable.
>>
I "infused" strawberries in everclear.
They've been in the ever clear in a mason jar for roughly 8 years now. They taste funny.
>>
>>8295190
No, the fruit won't rot, so long as it continues to be covered by alcohol.
>>
>>8295316
Its kind of floating at the top of the alcohol
>>
>>8295325
What kind of fruit are you using? It is possible to use a smaller lid to keep the fruit under liquid.
>>
>>8295327
Sliced apples. It's in a big glass jug that's only like halfway full - the top isn't a screw on lid, but its a snug wood lid that fits on pretty well. The top of the jug is too small to get anything bigger than a fist through it. I keep stirring the apples so they get covered.
>>
>>8295338
How long have you had the apples in the alcohol?
>>
>>8295351
a day. I might redo it all tomorrow with mason jars but I didn't have any today, was hoping to have it by Thursday night for thanksgiving
>>
>>8295365
Normally the fruit will begin to sink as it becomes logged with alcohol, but given that you want it by Thursday night, re-doing it in smaller mason jars that can be filled to the top is likely your best option.
>>
>>8295376
Thanks friendo
>>
Holy shit just use plastic wrap.
>>
>>8295190
>Alcohol.
>A preservative.
>Worried about it helping something rot.
>>
>>8295432
You don't understand, the big jug is only half full, there's already air in there.
>>
>>8295432
Not when alcohol

>>8295572
There's also air in half-full whiskey bottles, yet the whiskey is fine.
>>
>>8296702
>yet the whiskey is fine.
for a week or two. then it starts to change its smell and taste dramatically and deteriorates faster than your mom's pussy.
>>
>>8297002
false
>>
>>8296702
It's not the bourbon I'm worried about, it's the fruit. I don't want it to oxidize and give the alcohol a funky taste that wasn't intended
>>
>>8297042
Alcohol oxidizes in contact with air bro. That's how vinegar is made.
>>
>>8297053
Acetobacter bacteria are the ones that oxidise the alcohol to acetic acid (vinegar). There are few to no bacteria of these type in whisky due to its distillation and high alcohol content
>>
>>8297048
Put something in the container that keeps the fruit submerged
>>
>>8297002
You need to be 18+ to browse this webside
>>
>>8297075
Neck of the jug is too small to fit anything substantial in there. The base is wider than the mouth
>>
>>8297080
You should apply yourself then.
>>
>>8297062
You never drank any whisky, did you? You are just trying too damn hard to sound like a smartass with your high school level of education.
Let me guess, edgy 2nd sememster college fag?
>>
>>8297165
Not much of a problem solver, are you
>>
>>8297540
And you're not?

>recommend the most basic solutions to a problem that have likely already been thought of and tried, with no luck
>surely no one has thought of that!

Thanks for the help, genius
>>
>>8297613
Don't be pissy.
You should either change the container or find an object that can press the fruit down. If you have a mesh of some sort you could put that in and then use something long and slim (that fits the mouth) to push it down to keep the fruit from oxidicing.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.