[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I make the perfect grilled cheese sandwich? I have some

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

How do I make the perfect grilled cheese sandwich? I have some whole grain bread, lots of provolone, and plenty of butter.
>>
Pick your fat. I've done it with butter, mayo and garlic confit. I liked the confit the best, mayo was great. Butter is a basic bitch.

Pick your bread. I like a simple, airy sourdough best.

Pick your cheese. I like Tillamook cheddar.

Spread your fat on the outside of your bread, put shredded cheese between the bread, put in a medium hot dry pan and allow to cook slowly until the bread is nicely browned. Flip and repeat. Cut crossways.
>>
>>8294192
Are you serious nigga?

put butter on bread
place buttered side down in pan
add cheese
add slice of buttered bread with butter up

cook untill brown, turn, cook untill brown, eat
>>
>>8294192
good white bread
old, sharp cheddar, grated
butter @ room temperature

assemble the sandwich, spread the butter on the outsides of the bread, just enough to cover the bread but without being skimpy.

put sandwich into a non-stick frying pan that is already at medium heat.. not medium-high... just medium, and it's key that you just wait for it to get all the way there.

the sandwich should sizzle when you set it down. Wait 1 minute, check for doneness, if insufficient, leave it another 20 seconds at a time until it looks like OP pic colour.
Flip, fry another 30 seconds.
sandwich should be done now

remove sandwich from pan to rest briefly on paper towel before slicing diagonally and consuming

these instructions can seem very specific, but if followed exactly, will produce the perfect grilled cheese.
>>
>>8294192

Take 2 slices of bred put cheese between them and then put it under a sandwich panini press until golden brown will grill marks and wala serve with ketchup and pickles. That's a real "grilled" cheese what these asshole are talking about is a fried cheese sandwich because you can't grill something on a stove top pan American logic
>>
the trick is to make sure the bread doesn't dry out, so you need to cook it very quickly on the highest possible heat
>>
>>8294346
>turn oven to 1500 degrees
>die
>left with the most perfect grilled cheese
>>
provolone is a great sandwich cheese in most cases but it's not ideal for grilled cheese
you want something that melts really well and becomes stringy and goopy, like muenster or gruyere
>>
butter bread 2 slices of american cheese
this is the right way
>>
>>8294251
These instructions would never result in properly melted, gooey cheese. You fail.
>>
Not sure if it still counts as a grilled cheese but adding a fried egg, ham, and hash browns is life changing
>>
Only thing you're missing, OP, is some soup to dip it in.
>>
>>8294217
>Cut crossways

I was with you up until here, but you went over the line
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.