[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lately I've taken a real interest in cooking with local,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: TsukijiMarket.jpg (385KB, 1400x722px) Image search: [Google]
TsukijiMarket.jpg
385KB, 1400x722px
Lately I've taken a real interest in cooking with local, fresh ingredients whenever possible, given that we have a twice-weekly farmers market where I'm studying. In your opinion, where are some of the best places in the US to live in close proximity to fresh, local fish and farmers markets?

Bonus points if there's good places to hunt in relatively close proximity.
>>
>>8289172
Do you want access year round? California would be your best bet.
>>
>>8289209

This. Especially NorCal around the Bay area where all the produce is actually grown. There's a reason it has the highest concentration of Michelin stars in the country.
>>
>>8289209
>>8289215
Yeah I was thinking California would probably be the best, but I'd kinda prefer to stay on the East Coast.

Year round access isn't super crucial.
>>
>>8289215
why would you go on the internet and lie? you know damn well new york city has the highest concentration of michelin stars

https://www.viamichelin.com/web/Restaurants/Restaurants-United_States
>>
>>8289172
Since you mentioned seafood, I'll venture to say the Pacific Northwest. I'm southern flyover and I get good pork and beef and grow 2 seasons worth of vegetables, but seafood kind of sucks. Shrimp, blue crab and warm water oysters, bleacchhhh. West of the Cascades I think they have two growing seasons for vegetables and the seafood is phenomenal.
>>
>>8289266
How do fish markets compare between east coast and west coast? Does it affect the quality/availability of specific types of fish and shellfish?

Like obviously you've got things like Maine lobster, but I'm talking more generally. For example, does the Pacific favor certain species like tuna over the Atlantic?
>>
>>8289280
Pacific: Salmon, halibut, Dungeness crab, oysters, squid, shrimp, cod, sea perch, steelhead and more. Not sure about east coast but I doubt they have anything on the pacific NW.
>>
>>8289397
The east has many excellent and different seafood items don't be a biased twat. Pic related my nor cal farmers market today rains :/ it's in the valley where the food is ACTUALLY grown. Most of the farmers in the bay travel from east bay and valley.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.