[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

It's one thing to be a farmer or a rancher, but would the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: normanandmereading.jpg (316KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
normanandmereading.jpg
316KB, 1024x768px
It's one thing to be a farmer or a rancher, but would the individual consumer get a return on buying/caring for a single dairy cow?
>>
>>8288206
I'd get the satisfaction of just taking care of it

It wouldn't matter if I got much milk from her
>>
>>8288206
ID SURE LIKE TO MILK HER IF YOU CATCH MY DRIFT
>>
>>8288227
Could you explain please
>>
>>8288227
How does one catch a drift?
>>
>>8288239
IM NOT EXACTLY SURE. I ASSUMED DRIFT-CATCHING WAS COMMON KNOWLEDGE. MY MISTAKE.

>>8288234
WHAT I MEANT IS IF THAT HUMAN FEMALE IS LACTATING THAT I WOULD LIKE TO DRINK IT STRAIGHT FROM THE SOURCE
>>
>>8288206
U could get an old cow for under a grand but even just on pasture and hay she'll still produce a couple of gallons a day which is a lot for a single household unless you know how to make cheese to preserve it. Then there is the problem of having to impregnate her so she will have another calf to continue milk production. Could go the A.I. Route or borrow a bull. Oh and you gotta milk her every day otherwise she will develop mastitis and generally ruin her udder. Sooo it's mostly too labor intensive but if you are a stay at home parent or something with a small piece of land and a lot of spare time It's not too financially prohibitive.
>t. Dairyman
>>
>>8288234
He wants to suck her feminine penis
>>
Considering a dairy cow needs to be bred in order to produce milk, and when it is producing milk it is about 8 gallons for day, I'd so no.
>>
>>8288206
join your local high school's 4H club
haha
>>
>>8290602
>high school
>4-h
Only if you're an autist white hat wearing fag. 4-h is for kids grow up and be a Future Farmer of America.
>>
>>8288206
The economics of dairy are really bad which is why you have factory dairy farms using hormones and shit to increase production.
A good dairy cow is expensive, and requires a lot of maintenance that is very expensive on the small scale. Specifically, you'll need to breed your cow every couple of years to ensure continued milk production (its linked to pregnancy and suckling time, go figure!) and that means you'll have a calf every couple of years to get rid of.
Unless you have people willing to pay top dollar for raw milk, you will sink a lot more money into this cow than you get out of it.
Go to a county fair livestock auction, talk to 4H or FFA people for more info.
>>
>>8290619
FFA is too hard

haha
>>
>>8290646
Buy used cows. If you keep your eyes peeled you can find Good deals. It's not cheap but I imagine op is interested in strict economics. And you're right commercial dairying is shit and expensive but remember they are trying to profit op would have no use for expensive feeds as he would want smaller yields in line with 2-3 gal a day. Guernsey's and jerseys are easy keepers. Brown Swiss and milking short horns are more robust. Holsteins most docile. And you can talk to 4hers and ffa parents but don't buy their animals they are overpriced especially the registered ones with elite genetics from expensive sires or even eggs from an elite dam
>>
File: untitled (2).png (117KB, 300x199px) Image search: [Google]
untitled (2).png
117KB, 300x199px
>>8290652
We out here
>>
>>8288206
Depends on how much land you have for grazing, that is how much grain you will or won't have to buy. And like anon said you still have to keep the cow knocked up. Am individual would be better off with a couple of sheep or goats I think if they want milk.
>>
>>8290687
You don't have to feed grain at all just alfalfa. Good point about sheep or goats tho. Goats are more rugged I.e. Don't die easily but sheep milk tastes so much better.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.