[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I accidentally left a carton of eggs in my shopping bag overnight.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: eggs[1].jpg (14KB, 700x466px) Image search: [Google]
eggs[1].jpg
14KB, 700x466px
I accidentally left a carton of eggs in my shopping bag overnight. They are washed and supposed to be refrigerated, so I guess it may not be safe to eat them, or am I wrong?
>>
They're fine. You can leave eggs out of the fridge for much longer than you'd think.
>>
>>8284455
this

if you're really worried put them in water. if they sink, they're fine
>>
>>8284465
i meant THIS
>>
They're absolutely fine. You can leaves eggs out for ages.

While there's an egg thread already made:

How are you supposed to crack eggs? I am pretty poor at it. Always end up with a bit of shell or 2 in there
>>
>>8284455
They're fine.
>>
>>8284487
Crack it on a flat surface and not on the edge of a bowl or pan
>>
So I'm from the US and I've always kept my eggs refrigerated. But I have a friend from South Africa and he said he always keeps his eggs out. Is there any difference in the eggs or it just different practices from different places?
>>
>>8284487
break it gently
like softly tap it against the counter a few times then just pull it apart
>>
>>8284498
the eggs in north america are washed and stripped of the natural protective coating

but i live in north america and when i'm going through a lot of eggs i will leave a few out of the fridge because they work better at room temperature

i've literally never experienced a rotten egg in my life
>>
>>8284498
Eggs can stay out. Washed eggs go bad faster because the membrane is washed away and exposes small pits in the shell.

They still take forever to go bad though.
>>
>>8284455
Do you live out in the sun? If not you should be fine.
>>
>>8284502
Yeah, like at least a week in very warm conditions. I don't refrigerate mine for the same reason you leave a few out. I usually use what I buy within a week.

This is my observation after years of not refrigerating them:

Summer: 1-2 weeks
Not Summer: 2-3 weeks

And they're not like a light switch. First they get a little watery, and those are still fine. Then the albumin will have a slight yellowish tint. This is the borderline where you should probably toss them. When the albumin has a greenish yellow tint they are definitely bad. This happens after like a month when you're on vacation or something. I've never intentionally tried to see how rotten eggs can get because I'm not that curious.
>>
>>8284487
Smash them with your fist Jack style.
>>
It really depends on how the eggs are cleaned. In America, eggs are cleaned very vigorously, resulting in the destruction of a membrane wich prevents the eggs from getting gross at room temperature. In other places, such as china or africa, the eggs arent cleaned as much, allowing the eggs stay fresh without a fridge.
>>
>>8284665
That video really ticked me off, Jack thinking he's cool punching eggs with his knuckle.
>>8284501
This. Eggs in US are washed, in Europe they aren't, that's why even super markets in Europe have them laying around at room temp.

You're actually not even suppose to put unwashed eggs in the fridge, they got bacteria and what not on them and you can transfer it to the fridge.
>>
>>8284465
this, eggs are usually pretty secure due to the fact they're meant to house life
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.