[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Well /ck/, It's that time of year again. Any tips for cooking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

Well /ck/, It's that time of year again. Any tips for cooking a Thanksgiving meal for one?
I thought I'd just get a turkey leg or maybe one of those $5.00 rotisserie chickens from Walmart.

I also want stuffing, potatoes, gravy, and a dessert but it's hard to cook all that for just one person.

Should I just stick to canned stuff?
>>
get yourself a Cornish game hen, stuff it with stuffing.

Make mashed potatoes with like two potatoes and make a sweet potato and melt butter and marshmallows on it.
>>
You could go for a turkey leg or turkey breast. If you're not afraid of leftovers, you could roast the whole turkey, freeze whatever meat you're not going to immediately consume and use the carcass for stock.

Don't use canned. If you're going to spend a major holiday in an empty house devoid of any and all loved ones, you might as well occupy yourself with the task of cooking. Make sure you have some music, podcast or television show playing in the background so you don't become too aware of the soul-crushing silence. Or even worse, the sound of merriment from your neighbors spending time with other human beings.
>>
File: 1478788641231.jpg (179KB, 1209x756px) Image search: [Google]
1478788641231.jpg
179KB, 1209x756px
Popeyes by me was selling fried turkeys last year. I ate the whole bird by myself in one day and fapped a bunch
>>
>>8284354
I'm not americuck but this actually got me sorta intrigued about making 'thanksgiving' meal this year just for shits and giggles
Free bump so I can get inspiration as well
What's the typical thanksgivin meal?
>>
>>8284366
A cornish hen is an idea.
I hadn't thought of that
>>
Someone post that Thanksgiving dinner for one picture.
>>
>>8284383
Stuffed turkey
Mashed potatoes and gravy
Corn
Cornbread
etc

http://www.bhg.com/thanksgiving/recipes/traditional-menu/
>>
>>8284383
Roast turkey. Some people fry too. Dressing/stuffing. Some people stuff the bird with it but I think it's dumb. Comes out mushy. Mashed potatoes and gravy. Green bean casserole. Candied yams. Cranberry sauce. Dinner rolls. Apple or pumpkin pie for dessert. Pecan pie of from down south. Lots of families have special recipes they always make too.
>>
>>8284366
This anon speaks truth. Bread stuffing, couple small taters, use the drippings to make a nice gravy and wa fucking la, you're set. However marshmallows on sweet potatoes is gross.
>>
>>8284383
English Roast Dinner; nigger edition
>>
>>8284412
t. toast sandwich eating fog breather
>>
>>8284412
No, we don't typically use halal meat in ours.
>>
>>8284367
You can bet I'll be listening to Alice's Restaurant on loop. My dad and I used to listen to it together when we were driving to whoever's house thanksgiving was at
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.