[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So my new place has a gas stove top, something which I have pretty

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: gas-stove-top.jpg (24KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
gas-stove-top.jpg
24KB, 640x480px
So my new place has a gas stove top, something which I have pretty much never used before. Anything I should think about when it comes to cooking, maintenance etc?
>>
Nothing special.

Keep it relatively clean because crud cakes on it worse than on other types. Super-big flame adds very little heat while wasting way more gas, as most heat escapes through the sides. If you make stuff that can spill, watch it, because it could extinguish flame and cause an explosion. Open without burning and smell the gas to know what it smells like, It's generally quite safe - you need excessive amounts of gas, I mean like good 15 minutes of it running on full open to risk poisoning or explosion, but the risk is there. so know it. And re-learn timings. It's efficient, things cook faster than on other kinds of stoves, so watch them.
>>
>>8283547
thanks for replying

desu I'm pretty scared about setting the whole place on fire
>>
>>8283570
The other anon was a bit over cautions in my opinion.

Cooking with gas is far better than electric, it's a lot more responsive and is far better for stir-fries as the heat reaches further up the wok.

If you notice after time that part of your flame isn't working . . . .you can easily remove the burner assembly for cleaning. It's far better cooking with gas.
>>
>>8283570
Don't be. The gas has a very distinct smell. You'd have to be very, very stupid to be able to hurt yourself with it
>>
>>8283570
Not easy to do by chance unless you fuck up thoroughly, like leaving your house with food left on the stove. The gas won't light up until it reaches a pretty high concentration, and it's impossible to miss the stink if it does. All the basic caution rules of other kinds of stoves apply normally, the only difference being if you fuck up really thoroughly, the consequences may be worse. But only then - mild to moderate fuck-ups are harmless, or at worst just as harmful as in case of other stoves, and in fact easier to avoid - I mean you can see the flame, you hear the hiss of gas, if your kitchen has at least semi-decent ventillation and you don't leave the gas running full throttle it will never get to reach dangerous concentrations - I'd say driving a car is at least ten times more dangerous. It takes a complete moron to cause a disaster using a gas stove; stupidity similar to stuffing your fingers down a running blender.
>>
Also, it being so responsive, you can switch flame off immediately and the heat is gone practically at once. No problems like with electric heaters when once your pot starts boiling over you need to move it away from heat - pot spewing hot food all the while. Just switch the heat off and it's done.

Also, if you DO fuck up and smell the gas, vent the house - open doors and windows - without switching the light on. Also, if your stove has a sparkler connected to the knobs so that it sparks when you turn it on (and off), vent first, switch gas off later.
>>
enjoy your house fire

get a portable electric stove
>>
>>8283516
If you like cooking, you're going to love it and get addicted to it after about 2 weeks. Good luck anon, there's no turning back.
>>
Not OP but I've heard you're supposed to turn on the fan while the flame is on to vent out the gas fumes. Any truth to this?
>>
>>8283666
Semi-true. These "gas fumes" are carbon dioxide (totally harmless in these concentration) and water vapor - which, while obviously harmless. will make air humid, walls humid, and if your flat is not "airy" enough and you keep using the stove without a working vent you'll get fungus on your walls eventually.

So it's simply so that you don't shit up your place with air moisture. No mysterious dangerous "fumes" there.
>>
>>8283516
get a carbon steel wok, shit's amazing on gas
>>
>>8283686
but I don't even like asian food that much
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.