[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When I was a kid, like 130 years ago, we didn't really have

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4

File: rodnew.jpg (277KB, 960x370px) Image search: [Google]
rodnew.jpg
277KB, 960x370px
When I was a kid, like 130 years ago, we didn't really have sweets. But we had this, Liquorice root.
Remember that? Oh wait, of course you don't
>>
you kids and your damn roots. In my day we just had to forage for berries if we wanted sweets. I bet there was no roots that looked exactly like that except it was deadly huh?
>>
When I was a kid I watched roots, and the actors were licorice colored

is that the same thing?
>>
>>8281033
Did you chew them and spit it out?
Then, no.
>>
Still exist, still amazing.

You candy-binging fat ass.
>>
>>8281022
Hah! If only we had the luxury of foraging for berries.
In my day we had to burrow into the earth and chew on semi-hardened clay if we wanted sweets.
>>
>>8281008
yeah I know them by the name zoethout literally translated sweet wood
>>
>>8281008
Can allways get these at the christmas market here. I end up buying about 25 sticks so that i can have some without searching through all the shops here
>>
>>8281040
I used to eat kunta plenty's, Toby.
>>
>>8281040
I left that up to the white power structure
>>
>>8281051
I don't see any roots in that photo. You must be misunderstanding OP and thinking they mean candy and not an actual root made of plant fibers dug up from the ground.
>>
>>8281008
>Remember that?

Yeah, actually. I think my father bought some for me once in a place that now be considered hipster, but it was 20 years before the word "hipster" applied that way.

Liquorice root is actually breddy gud.
>>
>>8281008
enjoy your water retention and high blood pressure
>>
>>8281261
So you didn't go down on protein, I guess. How was the taste like?
>>
Back in my day we killed dinosaurs just for fun kiddo
>>
>>8281280
Word, going down on someone first is easier cos you're kinda horny anyway so you can get through it. Going second just feels beta.
>>
>>8281282
>tfw I like going second
hmm
>>
>>8281291
Feminine benis is no gay
>>
>>8281008
Of course I do. Bought a couple not that long ago.

And today I spent about $45 on some smoked liquorice, ginger liquorice and a liquorice advent calendar
>>
That's still around in supermarkets, we call it 'sweetwood'.
>>
omg i love these in my tea blend, it's freaking awesome
>>
>>8281311
The netherlands?
>>
>>8281316
Close, Flemish Belgium. Not sure the Dutch use the exact same word.
>>
File: .jpg (402KB, 1920x1276px) Image search: [Google]
.jpg
402KB, 1920x1276px
no young 'un. we only had sugar cane to chew on
>>
>>8281280
werd
>>
>>8281275
Dinosaurs? You had dinosaurs?
When I was young I had to catch some Amonits if I want to eat
>>
Whats wrong with liquorice root?

I used to chew it a lot but it was turning one specific tooth yellow where I would let it sit.
Costs something daft like 20p from the chemist and lasts a month.
>>
>>8281008
In all seriousness, when I was a kid, I remember playing in the back yard with my sister and eating some kind of plant that was reddish and tasted a little sweet and tart and bitter at the same time. In restrospect, I suppose it was rhubarb. Either that or we were retards eating weeds.
>>
>>8281275
Back in my day we destroyed primordial oze to prevent evolution
>>
>>8283603
*ooze
>>
>>8281008
Nobody cares about your opinion Vlad, it's daytime, go to sleep already instead of shitposting in your coffin.
>>
>>8281008
Love these things. Always sold in the bio markets here. good shit. helped me quit smoking.
>>
>>8283608
Is it you again? Quit stalking me, fucking homo.
>>
>>8283618
>oh look anon is here
>why does he always have some gross looking stick in his mouth?
>Jesus christ I wish he'd just go back to smoking
>>
I remember, something like only 15-20 years ago and these things was disgusting
>>
>>8281008
I member.
>>
>>8281008
Licorice roots?
>>
File: tumblr_inline_mlhev1wPXt1qz4rgp.png (89KB, 480x280px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_inline_mlhev1wPXt1qz4rgp.png
89KB, 480x280px
>>8281008
Yeah I hate them and a few time ago I made my man taste it, his disgusting face was hilarious!
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.