[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any dutch fags here? Im going to Amsterdam over the weekend.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: DSCF4373.jpg (57KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
DSCF4373.jpg
57KB, 500x375px
Any dutch fags here?

Im going to Amsterdam over the weekend. Can you recommend any good spots for lunch/dinner? Budget is moderate, we are both students.

>inb4 weed lmao
>>
>>8280650
Pretty sure they don't let tourists smoke the weed anymore anyway. or at least they were TRYING to outlaw it for non residents
>>
>>8280651
They still sell weed to tourists in Amsterdam. But thats not really why we're going.
>>
>>8280651

They do, no worries.

>>8280650
I live in Amsterdam, and you have to avoid a lot of the tourist deathtraps. Cafe Luxembourg is great, as are De Engelbewaarder, Toscanini, Daalder, La Perla and Loetje is decent.

Don't fall for 'local cuisine' memes, the Dutch have zero culinary history and you will suffer. Most bars have 'bitterballen' which are great though, small croquettes filled with ragu. Avoid the Leidseplein, Rembrandtplein and other places tourists are send to. Jordaan, Old West, Spui(plein) and De Pijp are nice areas. East is pretty fun too.
>>
>>8280657
Thanks anon.

Jordan and De Pijp were already on our to do list, so I guess we will spend a day each place.

Hows the fast food like, is doner as popular as in rest of Europe?
>>
>>8280672

Yeah Doner and kebab are everywhere too. If you want to pig out, go for a "kapsalon", which is a tray filled with kebab, garlic sauce, fries, onions and lettuce and topped with cheese. Filthy but good. There's a great place, forgot the name, at the Van Woustraat (which is in de pijp), somewhere in the middle. You'll recognize it because it's always busy, opposed to most shitty doner places.
>>
>>8280677
Thanks man.
>>
>>8280657
I remember watching a short documentary about a guy trying to discover what Dutch cuisine was, only to learn it doesn't really exist. They amalgamated food customs from surrounding countries and would sometimes put their own "dorm room" spin on other countries' dishes.
>>
>>8280688

I can imagine the disappointment. I'm native Dutch but my mom's half-Italian and my dad loves to cook too so I never really suffered from the blandness of our national cuisine. I guess having colonies up the fucking ass everywhere just made inventing our own food redundant. Surinaams & Indonesian cooking is heavily present, for example, and top-notch.

>>8280686

Anytime brother
>>
>>8280731
Yeah, I think it actually improved the creativity of Dutch chefs to have to look outward for inspiration.
>>
>>8280672
I absolutely love these little places where those crazy bastards just deep-fry everything.
Try a Frikandel Speciaal and go from there, the fries are also a lot better than fast food chain shit.
Also don't be afraid to try out weird sauces, I never would have imagined that mayonnaise + saté sauce would go that well with fries.
Sure it's probably some of the most unhealthy food imaginable but as a tourist I would definitely try it out.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.