[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I wanna make mashed potatoes for a church thanksgiving potluck

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 9

File: mashed poturtles.jpg (40KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
mashed poturtles.jpg
40KB, 600x450px
I wanna make mashed potatoes for a church thanksgiving potluck tomorrow, gimme some recipes /ck/.
>>
File: andy dick.jpg (28KB, 249x388px) Image search: [Google]
andy dick.jpg
28KB, 249x388px
>>8280274
Ew who goes to a church event on a Wednesday?
>>
>>8280300
Cool college kids.
>>
literally boil potatoes and mash them

what the fuck is wrong with you
>>
>>8280381
Rude desu.
>>
Cut the top off a whole head of garlic, douse in olive oil, wrap in aluminum foil and bake 375:1 hour.

Peel and chop potatoes roughly. Boil until tender. Drain.

Wait for garlic to cool til it can be handled, peel it, combine with potatoes, milk or half-and-half, and butter. Add bit of dried or fresh rosemary or whatever you like (adding nothing also works).

Have fun. God's not real though and religion is an intellectual crutch
>>
>>8280402
Oh yeah and use an egg beater to whip them rather than mashing them. Texture is far superior
>>
>>8280381
laffin'
>>
>>8280274
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0gWH2E4lWg
>>
>>8280381
Got em
>>
1:1 potato to butter
>>
>peel potatoes
>cut in thirds
>boil
>throw crushed garlic in saucepan with half&half
>let simmer, don't burn it
>drain potatoes once they are soft (use tongs to test)
>mash potatoes as you pour in the half&half
>>
This will help you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDuzKBhpTtk
>>
>>8280274
The best mashed potatoes for a potluck are baked mashed potatoes. (Trust me, I've been to a LOT of potlucks).
Peel and boil 10 russet or yukon gold potatoes in salted water until fork tender. (I like to throw a couple cloves of garlic in with them, or if I have some roasted garlic I'll add it in later). Drain potatoes and mash or whip with 8 oz cream cheese and 8 oz sour cream until smooth and fluffy. Stir in minced chives or scallions and salt and pepper to taste. Spoon into a buttered baking dish, and dot the top of the potatoes with butter. Bake, covered with foil, at 350F for 30 minutes, then uncover and bake another 20-30 minutes until the top is golden brown and has a nice little crust to it.
You can make these potatoes the day before, and bake them right before you leave. They can be made up to 2 days beforehand. People fucking love them. If you want to get fancy, you can also sprinkle some grated parmesan on top before baking.
>>
File: 311j3s2D.jpg (133KB, 1252x1252px) Image search: [Google]
311j3s2D.jpg
133KB, 1252x1252px
>>8280402
>milk or half-and-half
>>
>>8280460
Sounds good
>>
>>8280274
> thanksgiving
> in november
Is it a Ukrainian thing?
>>
>>8280652

Thanksgiving is always in November dumbass.
>>
>>8280664
Thanksgiving was October 10, idiot. You're in some sort of Eastern European church with a fucked up calendar.
>>
>>8280402
>Peel
Only half, the texture of the skin is great in a partial amount.

Also always use waxy potatoes for dauphin, shepherds pie etc. and watery potatoes for mashing
>>
>>8280699
>Also always use waxy potatoes for dauphin, shepherds pie etc. and watery potatoes for mashing
Good tip, I always have used Russets for shepherds pie but I will try a different kind
>>
File: 1467014761472.jpg (78KB, 517x650px) Image search: [Google]
1467014761472.jpg
78KB, 517x650px
>>8280697
merry remembrance day
>>
>>8280274
Get the big metal bowl. No not that one the BIG one. Yellow potatoes. Wnough to fill the bowl when mashed. I like a few lumps but it doesn't matter. Put in about a cup of sour cream, garlic, chives (Or just use garlic chives) please use butter. About a tablespoon of salt. Good to go.
>>
>>8280697

No, in the US where the holiday originated.
>>
>>8280716
Heres another.
Get pic related and the loaded baked potato flavor.
>mix them.
>Never make homemade potatoes again.
Although they are nice from time to time.
>>
>>8280652
>it's another "america is looking for a reason to eat massive amounts of food" episode
>>
>>8280402
M'lady
>>
>>8280756
Are you religious?
>>
>>8280300
Churchgoers....
>>
>>8280469
I'm not a clapistani, what is "half-and-half"?
>>
If its for a large group 5 lb bag 2 cloves of garlic cook them with to potatos 3 cups of butter 1\2 - 1 cup of milk or heavy cream 1\4 cup sour cream 2-3 chives 1\2 cup pepper jack cheese or some spicy hard cheese
>>
>>8280829
Some half milk half cream monstrosity they put in tea and coffee because normal milk isn't fattening enough.
>>
File: maximum tipping.gif (2MB, 383x576px) Image search: [Google]
maximum tipping.gif
2MB, 383x576px
>>8280402
>>
>>8280274
butter, milk & whole grain mustard
>>
>>8280869
Actually it's used pretty much worldwide since it has a thicker, creamier texture than milk. Some people like to have cream in their coffee/tea without watering it down a fuckton with pussy ass milk or using full cream because it's so heavy and fattening. However, you're an OBSESSED europoor who can't afford anything but English "tea" and boiled hotdogs for every meal, so of course you're completely incorrect and upset because your take home pay is less than that of a fry cook in America.
>>
ingredients:
potatoes
chives
butter
sour cream
garlic
salt
white pepper

boil potatoes, mash them, and add appropriate amounts of the other ingredients until it tastes how you want it
>>
File: thumbs up.jpg (87KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
thumbs up.jpg
87KB, 500x500px
>>8280460
OP here, I took this guy's recipe with a few substitutions and additions (Used idaho and had no sour cream but doubled down on cream cheese, used green onions instead of chives or scallions) and added cayenne, it's a real winner.
>>
>>8280444
>peel potatoes

You fucked up.
>>
OP, I'm going to share Alton Browns fabulous mashed potatoe recipe with you.

You will need $7000.00 US dollars worth of equipment to make this
>>
>>8282387
My fav are mashed potatoes with skins from b-red potatoes.

the key to good mashed potatoes is enough dairy fat & salt.

Don't skimp on the butter, salt, and either cream or whole milk
>>
>>8281456
Lol u mad fatso? Enjoy your diabetes.
>>
>>8282270
pics?!
>>
>all these fags saying half and half and butter

Use mayo like someone with a palate.
>>
>>8282270
I think green onions ARE scallions. It's just another name.
>>
>>8282782
>>8282788
You want pics of mine and other peoples shit? Cause we fucking ate it.
>>
File: christ-chan-jesus-loves.jpg (58KB, 500x488px) Image search: [Google]
christ-chan-jesus-loves.jpg
58KB, 500x488px
>>8282797
>that fowl language.
wew.

I wanted pictures of yours.
>>
>>8282803
L-lewd senpai ~
>>
>>8282785
this person is not looking out for your best interests, OP.
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.