[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I got these two beef paddies. Whats the best way to prepare them?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: 20161115_143613.jpg (2MB, 4160x2340px) Image search: [Google]
20161115_143613.jpg
2MB, 4160x2340px
I got these two beef paddies. Whats the best way to prepare them?
I can put them in the oven or make them in a pan. Which would be better? And whats a good temprature/time to make them?
Sorry new to cooking and english is not my first language. They are around 160 grams each.
>>
File: 1460807892789.gif (727KB, 300x170px) Image search: [Google]
1460807892789.gif
727KB, 300x170px
>>8278114
Medium heat in a pan. Cook each until brown. Now put one on backing tray, pour a1 sauce on it. Put other patty on top and pour a1 over it. Place in oven on 280° for twenty minutes. Sprinkle some bleu cheese on top and serve.
>>
>>8278114
Pan. No question about it.

>>Temperature/time
Get the pan very hot. Put the patties in the pan. Wait until you can see juices at the top of the patties. Flip them. Cook until the juices run clear.
>>
>>8278114
best way is in the oven. Take a grill put them on it put them in a preheated oven and press them in regular intervals to get the fat out. After about 50 minutes they should be perfect!
>>
>>8278123
This.
As they are already pre-formed there is little else you can do with them.

You could serve them with chips and peas and maybe a fried egg.
>>
>>8278123
If you put such fat patties on such a hot pan they'll either end up raw in the middle, or too burnt on the outside. Or both. Better to seal them in a pan then finish them off in the oven, >>8278122 's suggestion sounds delicious
>>
>>8278161

They're supposed to be a little rare in the middle. If the outside is burning then isn't it obvious to turn the heat down a little bit?

>>8278122
No, that sounds like overcooking them to hell and back. 20 mintues in the oven? fuck that. That would be charcoal.
>>
File: 1437659407992.jpg (19KB, 399x376px) Image search: [Google]
1437659407992.jpg
19KB, 399x376px
>>8278122
Don't have A1 and I don't know what that is...
Also I'm making this in a communal dorm kitchen so I couldn't really use the stove and the oven at once, since it's constantly busy.
>>8278123
Sounds like something I can pull off. I'll try it.
>>8278151
I bought those sesame buns to put them in and I got some cheese squares on top.

Thanks for the tips anons!
>>
>>8278171
>patties
>rare
Fuck outta here
>>
>>8278188

If you want to cook it until it's a hockey puck then go right ahead.

IMHO, the perfect burger is medium. Any more rare than that and the interior has an unpleasant pasty texture. Any more than "medium" and you loose that contrast between the exterior crust and the tender interior, not to mention you cook a lot of the moisture out.
>>
>>8278210
What if I want to cook it until it's well done? No need to go extreme
>>
>>8278210
I agree with the other anon.

These are supermarket bought patties, it's not a good idea to cook them 'pink'.

There is a fine line of cooking them through without drying them out.
>>
>>8278218
Then go right ahead. But, as I just described I don't see why you'd want to though. Well done loses the texture contrast and a lot of the juiciness.

>>8278221
They're obviously quite good quality. I wouldn't take the meat out of one of those cylindrical "chubs" and use that for a mid-rare burger, but those look quite good.
>>
>>8278229
>They're obviously quite good quality.
I'm not saying they are bad but OP got these from Spar, which is a low end supermarket.

You don't have to incinerate them to hell but I would rather they were cooked through and have the juices run clear.

Any 'medium rare' stuff would totally be in the land of 'I minced the beef myself' . . .. if you get what I mean?
>>
Non /ck/ native here as this threads topic seems similar enough for my needs. I would also like to take this time to get some advice.

Back when I was young and poor my roomie used to cook this big ass hamburger patty and we would eat it like a steak with some mushroom gravy and home fries.

He is now long gone but I have this craving to eat this simple yet hearty meal. Ive gone around a few cooking websites and its sort of a 50 50 with just beef while others suggest you add all sorts of shit like breadcrumbs and onions.

What do? Again I am cooking a burger patty with no intention of putting it between bread.
>>
>>8278268
I'm a Brit and they are simply called beefburgers.

I occasionally make them too but without so-called 'binders' (eggs, breadcrumbs, etc)

When I make them I do crumble a beef stock cube (or part of) into the mince.

I form the patties but make them dented in the middle (a bit like a red blood cell) and refrigerate them for about 30 minutes.

Then I fry them in a little oil in a hot pan for about 4-6 minutes each side, don't mess about with them, apart from a small shake of the frying pan to stop them sticking, and only turn them once.

Like I said earlier, great with chips and peas. Maybe even a little gravy.
>>
>>8278268
80-20 beef mice (chuck or 50-50 chuck-brisket) to minced beef fat
>>
>>8278268
you're looking for a salisbury steak recipe
>>
>>8278268
>burger patty with no intention of putting it between bread
Animes taught me that's called hambaaga.
>>
>>8278369
Will it taste better if i top it with a sunny side egg in the shape of a flower then eat it with rice served in a bowl?
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.