[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you do with extra egg whites or yolks? I'm always

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

What do you do with extra egg whites or yolks? I'm always making cakes and ending up with extra of one of those and never have any idea how to use them up.
I don't like just waiting them.
>>
>>8277301
>waiting
Wasting
>>
I feed them to the chickens while singing, "Return to Sender."
>>
I just fry it up and eat it, but I'm not also eating cake constantly so mabye you need to watch your cholesterol and calories more than I do
>>
>>8277303
Fuck you. I meant what I said. I never waste them, I just wait them until my next recipe that needs them. I hate making them wait.
>>
>>8277334
I'm always the guy who ends up making the cakes and cookies for parties at work. I don't even eat most of the cakes I make.

I just always wanted to be a baker but I'd rather be working my job that actually makes money and just bake as a hobby.
>>
>>8277342
How long do eggs last outside of the shell? Do you just freeze them or something?
>>
have eggs for breakfast the next day

whites: add to scrambled eggs, enjoy lower-cholesterol scrambled eggs
yolks: make hollandaise sauce and have eggs benedict (cumberbatch)

>>8277346
not that anon but I would think if they're refrigerated and covered, you can keep them a couple days at least. never tried freezing them though.
>>
>>8277346
For egg whites just seal in air tight plastic vacuum bag, sous vide from room temp to 145, hold at 145 for 4 min and it will last for months.
>>
>>8277301
I find ways of using them at the same time.

Extra whites for something? Custard or mayo with the yolks! Extra yolks for something? Egg whites to clarify a soup for tomorrow... starch my laundry... gel my hair... make paint out of... something.

I hate throwing half an egg down the drain. I will make up expensive reasons not to.
>>
Eat the whites for breakfast

Make the yolks into Hollandaise sauce
>>
Extra egg whites: meringue
Extra egg yolks: mayonnaise
>>
>>8277396
came here to say this
>>
>>8277301
Yolks: creme brulee to bribe friends with
whites: breakfast omelet or smoothies.
>>
You can cure egg yolks in a big mound of salt.
>>
>>8277343
If it is for parties I would leftover egg whites for merengue for some edible decoration. Yolks? Depending on what you are baking you can aply it on the pastry before baking to give it a nice shine.
>>
>>8277301
I always cook the whites and save them for my dogs to eat.
>>
I just freeze them. Put a tally on the box/bag to count how many yolks/whites are in there, or freeze separately.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.