[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm enjoying fresh heads of radicchio right now as simple

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

I'm enjoying fresh heads of radicchio right now as simple salads.

They're horribly bitter, but I still like them. But I don't know if it's because I enjoy bitter flavors or the idea of bitter flavors. Do humans actually like bitterness?

When people buy ultra dark chocolate and black coffee, do we really feel pleasure of the bitter note or is it despite the bitter note?
>>
People have different tastes. I love sour, vinegar loaded foods and will eat pretty much anything that's been pickled.

There is a bit of a theory on bitter though. Kids taste buds really develop around two years old and they tend to go off veggies since they suddenly taste bitter to them- it's thought this might be an evolutionary leftover from when we still foraged to keep children eating random things.
>>
>>8275541
I love bitter flavors. Bitterness cuts really well against fat. Bitter melon with fatty pork, endive baked with Emmental cheese, frisee against anchovies, bacon or duck gizzards. There are lost of examples.
>>
>>8275541
bumparooni
>>
>>8275541
I like Bitter flavors, they're my favorite. Way more depth of flavor than anything else.
>>
I like bitter flavors more because the after effect where you suck in air and it helps mellow the taste and carries a nice, savory feel across the tongue.
>>
feels good man
>>
I enjoy some bitter flavors.
Liking bitter things is entirely learned though, because the bitter flavor is there to warn us against poisons. You will never find a baby that likes bitter flavors.
>>
>>8275637
This. I always like to have salad at the end of a heavy meal. It's crisp and refreshing especially with bitter and herbal flavors.
>>
>>8275541
You (as in people in general) tend to start liking bitter foods and drinks once they get older. I love bitter greens, bitter cocktails, bitter melon, etc. I pretty much only eat bitter greens in my salads at home nowadays, maybe with a little spinach thrown in for balance. In my fridge right now, I have a mix of dandelion, dock, arugula, escarole, radicchio, and watercress. I've been eating salads of that every day this past week. I enjoy the flavors, but I know a lot of people who don't. And, like that other poster said, bitterness pairs really well with more fatty and rich components.
>>
Deliciously bitter blackberries and grapefruit are the only fruit I eat. Everything else is too sweet.

No one actually enjoys bitterness on its own, and if they claim they do then they are lying. But as a part of a more complex flavor profile, it is amazing.
>>
>>8277759
I'm not sure if I've ever eaten bitter blackberries, they're usually a bit saccharine.

Does the bitterness get more pronounced out of season, or have I just not eaten them enough that I forgot about any bitter note?
>>
File: depends.jpg (117KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
depends.jpg
117KB, 1000x1000px
>>8277613
But I've liked many bitter foods as far back as I can remember. This might be a cultural difference, though, because bitter foods are so prominent in the native cuisine.

>>8275541
It varies person to person. The answer to your questions is the same as the answer to the question "what should you do when geriatrics shit themselves?"
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.