[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/ck/, I need your help. I need some cheap, super calorie dense

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: bad end.png (431KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
bad end.png
431KB, 600x400px
/ck/, I need your help. I need some cheap, super calorie dense foods that can be eaten by someone with an easily upset stomach. I don't care how healthy it is, it just needs to be packed with calories. I need to get food into this person before they end up like pic related.
>>
>>8275281
Peanut butter is the medicine of choice for famine victims. Try peanut butter with chocolate. White rice is pretty easy on the stomach. Broth with buttery crackers like Ritz might work. Ice cream, milkshakes, meal replacement shakes are good calorie bombs. What's up with this person? Might be a hospital trip is in order.
>>
shortbread
>>
>>8275281
If you're talking about an anorexic person, then they need to get to inpatient treatment so they can be tube fed.
>>
Mashed taters with a fuckton of butter and cream in em. Easily swallowed and digested.
>>
>>8275281

Broth. Miso soup. Vegetable soup strained of vegetables.

Do they need hospitalization?
>>
Liquid dietary supplements exist for this purpose. They require minimal digestion so as to reduce the strain on the gut. This is the right answer if fatty foods aren't tolerated.

Otherwise, just buy them a gallon of icecream.
>>
Hospital trips have been tried. So far doctors can't find a cause for the stomach pain and irritability. This person can only handle small amounts of food at large intervals so I'm trying to make sure those small amounts have bang for their buck.
>>
>>8275362
Also thank you for these suggestions. I'll try them out. Hopefully something sticks.
>>
congee is the stuff
>>
>>8275362
Look into making your own stocks/bone broths at home in large batches. They're very fatty and super easy to eat as well as hydrating. Can go with dumplings, noodles, rice... or on its own in a big mug
>>
>>8275362
Pass on my protip: don't have Crohn's, it's not worth it

Sadly there aren't many easy ways to diagnose gut problems. A camera-pill, or a endoscopy might be necessary to determine the location of the inflammation.

Do be aware that half the trouble is liable to be psychological. While my crohn's developed, I was so used to reacting badly to food that the stress of eating would induce vomiting in itself. It may be helpful to stick to food that's very familiar and 'safe'.

Beyond that, I can't really tell you what I found easy, since I was throwing up absolutely everything before long. Don't skimp on getting tests, they need to be done as soon as possible if you want to limit internal damage.
>>
Can the person drink water? If so lots of water with vitamins dissolved in it along with as much oil the person can drink.

Its disgusting but it has fuckton of calories.
>>
>>8275371

This.

>buy the sale package of chicken thighs
>add cleaned beets cut in quarters
>cover with water, simmer for hours
>remove solids; you can eat the meat if you want
>do not remove fat
>drink

Whoever said miso has never been seriously ill. It has way too much salt in it and will only irritate the stomach and further dehydrate the person who is almost certainly already dehydrated.

This broth is like liquid gold, doesn't taste nasty like those meal replacement drinks, is high in nutritional value, and cheap.

I don't know why "cheap" is a concern though. If the alternative is death, it's not really something to skimp on. If it's that bad, sell some of their clothing. Doesn't sound like they could fit into their clothes anymore anyway.

t. ana ulcer
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.