[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Besides being convenient as drive thru-food. Are people buying

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: BlqzClgIYAAYMdM.jpg (30KB, 403x344px) Image search: [Google]
BlqzClgIYAAYMdM.jpg
30KB, 403x344px
Besides being convenient as drive thru-food. Are people buying that stuff because it taste awesome or because its cheap?.
I can spend 20 minutes at home, listen to music, maybe educating my children in cooking and doing a helluva lot healthier food, for the SAME price!
>>
>same price
Shit shopper/shit cook detected.
I can do it at a fraction the cost.
Let's see:

>cheeseburger: about 75¢ US
>fries: 13¢ from homemade, 33¢ from storebought frozen
>sweet, sparkling juice: 78¢ home-mixed white grape, $1.14 storebought, 44¢ home-mixed apple, $1.14 storebought

Cheapest total cost for a burger, fries and sweet, carbonated drink dinner: $1.32.
Cost from McDonald's: $3.75+tax
>>
>>8272293
Ooops. Miscalculated the price o'the bun. Total cost for cheeseburger is 81¢, not 75¢. Still, way cheaper than "the same price."
lrn2shop
>>
>>8272293
I didnt really do the math. But yeah, for a family , 2 kids.,you can can definitely make it much cheaper.
>>
>>8272310
For a two parent, two kid home, the total cost of a cheeseburger and fries dinner would be something like $4.68 (figuring slightly smaller portions for the chilluns). That's about a third the price of getting it from McDonald's ($13.10).

Plus, sparkling juice, though just as sugary as soda, at the very least has some vitamins, but if you really wanna cut the costs further and be closer to a true McSperience, you could always just buy a large bottle of Coke and have that instead. That's a 92¢ savings over having sparkling juice at dinner (sadly).
>>
>>8272206
I've met people who have become so accustomed to the taste of fast/convenience food that they actually prefer the taste of highly processed shit to home cooking.
>>
they're just lazy
>>
>>8272206
Monetarily, making dinner yourself is much cheaper. However, it is also much more time consuming. When you consider the time spent getting the ingredients and preparing dinner, you've spent substantially more time than you would have if you'd just went to McDonalds, and your time is your most valuable asset.

Does that mean that McDonalds is a better choice all things considered? Fuck no. The burgers you make at home will be cheaper and way better than the carcinogenic garbage you'd get at McDonalds. I'm just saying, making food at home *only* because it's $0.85 cheaper or whatever is fucking stupid. Cook because you like it and because you want to control what you eat.
>>
well i'm one person. I can't buy a whole carton of eggs to make two eggs. so maybe that's it some times?
>>
Because it tastes good and is easy. McDonalds is fucking expensive here.
>>
>>8272763
Y-You too
>>
>>8272770
I buy 10 -15 eggs at the time,always goes. Hardboiled, in omelettes etc.
>>8272771
It taste good? Compared to what?
Expenspive? Why do you go there?
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.