[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

if you freeze persimmons for like 6 hours and then unfreeze them

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: persimmonhachiya.jpg (2MB, 2272x1704px)
persimmonhachiya.jpg
2MB, 2272x1704px
if you freeze persimmons for like 6 hours and then unfreeze them they instantly ripen

unripe ones taste like shit and feel like you're eating sand and they take forever to ripen so try that out if you ever get one

they're in season right now
they taste kinda like pumpkins except sweeter
>>
never heard that tip before but i love persimmons
>>
they fuck with my mouth
>>
>they take forever to ripen

idk why no onilne resources I checked mentioned this, lol.

I bought one two weeks ago on impulse just to try it and it just now barely starting to go soft. Was beginning to wonder if I got some defective one or something lol.
>>
>>8268801
Does this actually break down the tannins or just mask them with sugars?
>>
>>8268801
DONT DO THIS IT MAKES MUSTARD GAS
>>
>>8268828
they only do that when they're unripe
>>
I freeze some at the end of the season :3
>>
>>8268828
The only time I tried a persimmon, it literally split the inside of my lip from biting into it. that's never happened with any other fruit, no matter how acidic. I've never touched one of these fuckers again.
>>
>>8270273
they're not acidic, they're astringent
>>
>>8268834
Paper bag with apples/pears/bananas
>>
>>8270626
or literally just freeze them
>>
>>8271781
Don't they get mushy as fuck?
>>
I've heard this stupid meme about avocados too. When you freeze something it shreds the cell structure and makes plant matter softer. It does nothing to improve the taste and it's in no way comparable to actually ripening something properly. Also fuck you.
>>
>>8272092
Persimmons naturally ripen through cold winter weather.
>>
>>8272114
that is different than being frozen solid
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.