[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who here eats at least two meals a day at some sort of cafeteria?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: sodexo.png (5KB, 359x140px) Image search: [Google]
sodexo.png
5KB, 359x140px
Who here eats at least two meals a day at some sort of cafeteria?

I live at uni dorm and I'm getting a bit tired of eating the same food over and over and lack of variety.

My dorm building doesn't even have any places to cook, aside from a single mini oven that can bake cookies and that's it.

Hopefully I can have my own apartment in a couple years and actually cook but its expensive and my parents might not want me to, the lowest is $600 per month (single person), idk if that is a lot tho.

>pic related, this company is scum
>>
>be Britbong soldier
>have to pay an allowance to be fed the shit off pic related

Some places were semi-decent if kitchen staff cared but most didn't. I've been served hotdogs in buns which have sat under heat lamps for an hour, pasta bake which I was convinced hadn't had the water drained off it beforehand. Loads of frozen food that they somehow still fuck up.
>>
>>8266365
>be Britbong soldier
Same.
Sodexo, Elior and Aramark are ripping the government off.
What capbadge are you?
>>
>>8265745
>yfw live in a uni dorm
I got an induction top and rice cooker, with 2 knives (santoku, fruit knife) and a cutting board, and skillet.

I can cook fairly easily with it, and the uni doesn't suspect a thing.

Mind you, my room is small as fuck.
>>
>>8266371
Was RLC Chef.

Thing is I've worked around these people before and they really can't even heat up frozen pies and rotate them through the cabinet.

I've been told of the glory days when the ACC still existed, we had our own chefs in our own scoffhouses, cooking for their mates/superiors and there was a pride in it.
Now with half the army privatised nobody gives a fuck.
>>
>>8266378
Yeah, you guys got hit with redundancies hard.
The Mess is shit since we lost our loggy chef.
>>
>>8265745
I eat eery weekday on Uni's cafeterias from pic related or some other company.

It's ok, some days are better than other but in general I don't complain too much. It is by no means excellent, but it is very cheap and easy.

I compensate by cooking during the weekends or buying something more expensive and tasty.
>>
>>8266381
Functions were class. We'd serve in chef whites and officers loved it.
Cat support Field ops were interesting too - only ever did 2 in 4 years though as they're redundant.

A decent few chefs can really make or break the mess and morale. Don't get me wrong there's mongs (probably more than other cap badges) but the good ones were amazing.

I've served line caught salmon to the Duchess of Cornwall when our field hospital came back from Afghan in 2011. The whole event was great.

Christmas mess do's, Burns Night, Summer BBQs, Remembrance etc - all great in my old reg.
>>
>>8265745
>mfw my uni btfo sodexo and brought in charwells
>mfw a dennys/chickfila/erberts&gerberts/einstein bagels got added along with the standard cafeteria food, and a chinese/sushi/burrito thing too.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.