[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to make tender streak strips for steak sandwich? Every

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_20161022_100610160.jpg (932KB, 1456x2592px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161022_100610160.jpg
932KB, 1456x2592px
How to make tender streak strips for steak sandwich?

Every time I cut up steak and fry it, it comes out tough. Is there a way other than marinating overnight I can get juicy, soft, easy to chew steak strips?

Pic unrelated
>>
This guy has a youtube vid recipe for a "poor mans filet". It's so tender and juicy and cheap!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RWJEOScToE

His other videos are really awesome for people who like to cook, but are lazy or low on money
>>
>>8265409
If I'm going full tender stir fry or sub, I will buy a thick ny strip, and slice it myself with a chef's knife into thin, against the grain, strips, before cooking.
You know the original philly cheesesteak was paperthin ribeye, right? Just so you know. The famous kitchens that are known for it even use a deli slicer.
Ribeye works too, but doesn't have the even fat of a nystrip if that bothers you. I can go either way.
If you want to buy presliced steaks labelled thin, something like sirloin, then you need to hit it with a mallet. Pound your meat nicely once you buy it to increase tenderness. Marinating isn't the end all be all if you're going to use a lean cut, and then apply high heat to it so it seizes up.
>>
>>8265409
Half a spoon of baking powder on the meat overnight
>>
OK I've cut the steak paper thin. Would boiling it in boullion be a retarded idea?
>>
You're supposed to cook it and THEN slice it and MAYBE sear it on the sides a little bit.
>>
>>8265538
Yes
>>
>>8265538
>cut a raw steak paper thin

It's dog food or stir fry now, dude. Next time fry the entire steak before slicing it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwu2y9x5OlM
>>
>>8265409
Just buy roast beef from the deli meat section of your grocery store
>>
You have too cook it more slowly, and I mean very slowly. Then use the drippings for a sauce with stock and corn starch or whatever have you.
>>
>>8265413

No, get out.
>>
Right out of highschool I worked in a deli for a year. We sold a metric fuckton of steak sandwiches.

What we did was after the butcher cut up all the ribeyes for the day all the scrap and ends went into bags in the freezer. Every morning we'd take a frozen bag out, take the deli-slicer to it, and throw the shaved steak into a pan with a pile of onion and garlic. When it was done we'd transfer the batch to a warming tray and start a new one, because it'd be gone by the time the next was done. When we ran out of beef we'd switch over to pork and knock a buck off the price.

So buy a deli-slicer.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.