[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you need to be born with especially sensitive tastebuds to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

Do you need to be born with especially sensitive tastebuds to appreciate haute cuisine? Is it an aquired taste? If you ate a lot of processed food for a long time are your tastebuds irreparably damaged?
>>
>>8264129
Haute cuisine is just food with good presentation.
>>
No, yes, no
>>
>>8264298
>partially cooked onions and beef jerky on mushy peas
>meat, gravy, an onion, and white mystery chimney on a plate
>sriracha mayo with a discolored Listerine breath strip in a coffee mug
>greasy bread with overly thin bacon and mayo
>sushi shaped cake with wasabi shaped moss
>salmon on a bead of gravy and a broken necklace
>deep fried Wheat Thins topped with ashes, radish, and parsley
>just an oyster
>imitation crab and green onions in a pile
>uncooked pasta
>soap and what actually might be garbage
>one dumpling in french dressing
>chocolate covered salmon

>good presentation
>>
>>8265577
M8 I don't think you're bein srs here
>>
>>8264129
My sensitive tongue definitely lets me appreciate hot cousins.
>>
>>8264129
A lot of haute cuisine (not all) will try and develop unique, saught after tastes that you're likely to be unfamiliar with, so in that sense, it`s a bit of an acquired taste, since the taste of something completely new isn't appealing to a lot of folks.
>>
no, pretty much anybody can enjoy it
but it's easy to prevent yourself from enjoying it by pretending that you're above it all
>>
File: MY8HjeX.png (774KB, 639x639px) Image search: [Google]
MY8HjeX.png
774KB, 639x639px
>>8265637

I think he is, the majority of that food is poorly plated or straight up unappealing.

Haute food?

More like haute shit.
>>
>>8267662
>haute shit
Holy fuck I hate it when you retarded burgers assume that everything is pronounced like it is in English because LOL America best country. The au is pronounced the same as the sound of oa in "oat", not like the aw in " thaw". It's "hoat", not "hawt". You're fucking welcome.
>>
>>8264129
I don't think so.

But there are certainly some dishes that are subtle in flavor. If you're used to eating foods with lots of strong artificial flavors you might find those foods bland.

>>irreparable damage?
Hell no.
>>
>>8264129
T E X T U R E
>>
>>8264129
Is haute the kino of /ck/
>>
>>8264129
>If you ate a lot of processed food for a long time are your tastebuds irreparably damaged?

The problem isn't with your tastebuds, it's the reward centers in your brain. A couple of months eating real food will reset your noggin to the point where fruit tastes sweet again

Also there is a wide range of tastebud concentration among humans. Some people who are supertasters are going to find bitter compounds especially unpleasant, so they avoid alcohol, grapefruit, and vegetables of all kinds and have a preference for sweets. There are also people with low concentrations of tastebuds who may not be able to appreciate the subtlety of haute cuisine and while they will still eat it, will find it hard to justify paying all that money when a Big Mac is going to taste about as good.

My cousin also has primary agnosia so he can't smell. His diet is extremely bland. Like the only thing he can kind of smell is when someone is cooking Italian food. Yes, he is a garbage man
>>
File: 1477882739610.jpg (226KB, 1280x852px) Image search: [Google]
1477882739610.jpg
226KB, 1280x852px
>>8267719

How do you know I was pronouncing it wrong?

It's pronounced sword, not sword.

You foreign folk assume that us Americans are just blundering about, don't be so haughty.
>>
>>8267801
He's probably australian, they exist purely to bait americans.
>>
File: 1471405505989.jpg (14KB, 323x323px) Image search: [Google]
1471405505989.jpg
14KB, 323x323px
>>8267810

He's a master baiter to be sure then.
>>
>>8267745
no, since "kino" just translates to "film", anything filmed is "kino"
haute is next level cuisine
>>
>>8267801
Because you tried to rhyme "haute" with "hot". They sound nothing alike you burgerclap fuck.
>>
>>8267850
how do you know he was trying to rhyme?

it does look like hot shit tho lol
>>
File: 1467947905592.jpg (39KB, 540x533px) Image search: [Google]
1467947905592.jpg
39KB, 540x533px
>>8267850

I wasn't rhyming though.

Twas mere alliteration my hapless and haughty haute hating friend.
>>
>>8267719
OBSESSED
>>
>>8267745
Only a gourmand would ask this
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.