[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When I order chinese fried noodles(with pork, chicken, beef,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: uglysauce.jpg (62KB, 225x300px) Image search: [Google]
uglysauce.jpg
62KB, 225x300px
When I order chinese fried noodles(with pork, chicken, beef, rat or whatever), what is the sauce they use?
I know there is soy sauce involved but I haven't been able to reproduce the same taste at home with just soy sauce and sesame oil.
So what is the more or less standard sauce mixture chinese restaurants use?
>>
MSG
>>
>>8261552
And some ginger.
>>
Cornstarch slurry to thicken your sauce, Rice syrup + soy + vinegar + sesame oil is a good base
>>
Don't forget sugar.
>>
>>8261584
I'll try that.

Also, I thought I could add a bit of hoisin sauce to the original mix then balancing it out with a bit of vinegar.
>>
>>8261552
Pretty much this.
>>
>>8261535
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zsHAix_kBrg
here ya go OP
>>
File: makoto.jpg (87KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
makoto.jpg
87KB, 600x600px
>>8261535
OP, I make my own slurry of stir fry sauce based on whatever my mood or what I have on hand.
Base: I dissolve a tsp of corn starch in a tsp of liquid (such as my tamari)
Then add the following:
Chile paste (not chili-garlic paste)
Tamari (light tamari for less sodium, and tastes better than soy, darker even than dark soy)
Splash of vermouth/sherry/rice wine/beer
Splash of toasted sesame oil

Then some flavors per my mood:
raw garlic
lemongrass
minced ginger (or makoto dressing which is full of ginger)
five spice powder
orange or lime zest
orange juice
mango chutney, orange marmalade or palm sugar or honey
coconut vinegar
jamaican curry powder

I hit it with something fresh at the end, green onions, cilantro, basil

Might add some crunch: black sesame seeds, peanuts, almonds, coconut, fried shallots or onions, cashews, rice noodles, fried chili pepper strips
>>
My fucking god /ck/ is inept, only one person came close to it and it's >>8261823

It's oyster sauce, fuck I hate this place
>>
>>8262462
Wrong.
>>
add rice wine desu senpai
>>
They also be using oyster sauce, OP
>>
>>8261535
soy,oyster,cornstarch in water, sugar +xxxx depending on recipe
>>
File: 1422903854361.gif (93KB, 255x192px) Image search: [Google]
1422903854361.gif
93KB, 255x192px
>>8261854
>Chile paste (not chili-garlic paste)
>raw garlic
>>
>>8261535
>what is the sauce they use?
Which one? There are usually several. If you watch Chinese cooks you'll see that the very first thing in the wok is usually a fermented paste like doubanjiang, douchi, tienmenjiang, or something like that. Oyster sauce or fish sauce is a possibility too. Rice wine.

>I know there is soy sauce involved
Not much. For some reason Western cooks think soy-sauce is the end-all of Chinese cooking but it's nowhere near as common as you might think. People tend to over-use it.

> but I haven't been able to reproduce the same taste at home with just soy sauce and sesame oil.

No kidding. Sesame oil isn't used much in Chinese cooking. It's much more of a Korean or a Japanese thing than it is Chinese.

Don't forget that a lot of the flavor in the dish comes from technique and not just ingredients. The idea is to partially carmelize the sugars in the food but not burn them. This takes skill to learn. Most noob cooks aren't using anywhere near a high enough flame to a cook a stir-fry properly. And then of course you could end up over-doing it and burning the food, that's not good either. Google "Wok Hei".
>>
>>8261552
>tfw no one knows that use of msg is common in all cuisines as served by restaurants
>tfw latin america ubiquitously adds msg in seasoning mixes
>tfw the myth of only chinks using msg will never die
>>
>>8262462 #
See the places on the East Coast cook a Hong Kong style of "Chinese" food. I noticed that the West Cost places just add Oyster Sause to everything and call it Chinese Food. Even the fried rice...
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.