[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any tips on making the greatest sheperd's pie? I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

File: 980198.jpg (15KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
980198.jpg
15KB, 250x250px
Any tips on making the greatest sheperd's pie?

I'm currently slow cooking a huge chuck piece with onion soup mix and some veggies. I'll be pulling it with a fork after 6h hours and putting it at the bottom. This will make for some very tasty meat.

I just need a way to make the corn and potato part as delicious. I thought I could put some grated cheese on top and put it on broil towards the end.
>>
>>8260789
Your doing it wrong and every part. Also it's not a shepherds pie unless it's lamb. If your using beef then call it by the proper. A cottage pie.
>>
>>8260798
is correct, and also lose the corn entirely. The trick to the potatoes is that they're whipped, not mashed, and give it a little butter spread over the top if you want to cheat at golden-brown ness.
>>
>>8260801
>>8260798

hacks
>>
The last time I made shepherd's pie, I used carrots, onions, Worcestershire sauce, tomato paste and lamb broth for the meat. It was pretty good.
>>
>>8260798
>>8260801
I'm trying to make the french canadian version of a sheperd's pie which is traditionally beef-corn-potatoes. It's ground beef usually but the chuk piece was cheaper.
>>
>>8260987
As a canadian I can attest to the fact that this is how they do it
>>
File: IMG_6603.jpg (61KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6603.jpg
61KB, 500x375px
>>8260987
>French Canadian version
>>
>>8260987
This is the way I make it as a normal Canadian as well, very delicious
>>
File: penispenispenis.jpg (32KB, 367x196px) Image search: [Google]
penispenispenis.jpg
32KB, 367x196px
>>8260987
Du pâté chinois mon négro!
>>
>>8260789
Pâté chinois/Sheperds Pie 101

https://www.ricardocuisine.com/en/univers-ricardo/chimie-alimentaire/450-pate-chinois-101
Put the website in english.
>>
>>8260798
That's a folk definition distinction based on assumption. Cottage pie and shepherd's pie are interchangeable.
>>
>>8260789
First thing to do is remove that fucking disgusting sweet corn. No shepherd's pie ever had that yellow shit in it.
Secondly, you are making a COTTAGE pie because it has beef in it. Shepherd's pie uses lamb.
>>
>>8261871
Wrong.
http://www.jamieoliver.com/news-and-features/features/10-things-you-didnt-know-about-shepherds-pie/
>>
>>8260789

Not correct. Shepherds pie is made with lamb. You are making cottage pie, which uses beef.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cottage_pie
>>
>>8262429
>The term “cottage pie” predates “shepherd’s” by nearly a century, but each was used synonymously with the other for a long time.

Congratulations on blindly linking the first result google returned without even reading it.
>>
File: image.jpg (22KB, 265x300px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
22KB, 265x300px
>>8262433
Incorrect.
>citing wikipedia as a credible source.
>>
>>8260815
They're correct you dopey twat
>>
Add some black pudding to that shit. Shit's delish. I also like to mix up my mash with either potato + parsnip or potato + sweet potato.
>>
>>8262495
>not citing anything
>>
>adding corn
What the fuck are you doing OP? That's not shepherd's pie.

Try this recipe instead: http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/775643/cottage-pie
>>
Shepherd: someone who herds sheep.

Cowherd/cowboy: someone who herds cows.

Cottager: faggot who importunes men for gay sex in public toilets.

You're making cowherds pie.
>>
>>8263080
Agreed. Why the fuck are you not using peas?
>>
>>8260789
>Beef
>Soup mix

Wew.
>>
>>8262538
thats all wikipedia does so
>>
I like a green bell pepper in mine, also green peas, no corn
>>
>>8260789
Does anyone else call this chinese pie? I've heard it called shepherds pie, but I always figured thats what they called it in school to be politically correct. At home this was always chinese pie.
>>
1 lb. of lamb, seasoned to taste and seared in a skillet.
1 lb. of corn, preferably cut off the cob but frozen is hardly the worst thing.
2 lbs. of potatoes, boiled while the lamb browns then mashed per whatever recipe you prefer.

Put the whole thing in a 9x13 in the order of lamb, corn, potatoes, place a couple pads of unsalted butter along the top in small divets, and pop the whole thing in the oven until the top reaches a golden brown. Take it out, let it cool, and enjoy some shepard's pie.
>>
>>8266962
In Quebec, we call it "pâté chinois", which means Chinese pie. Anglophones here call it shepherd's pie, though.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.