[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you guys use a machine or do you make your bread the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: B00067REBU-main._V147812981_.jpg (36KB, 650x700px) Image search: [Google]
B00067REBU-main._V147812981_.jpg
36KB, 650x700px
Do you guys use a machine or do you make your bread the old fashion way?
>>
I use a stand mixer, but I've never tried using a bread machine. Some breads I knead by hand and use stretch and folds too.

If you like making sandwich style loaves I imagine a bread machine is nice to have
>>
Why use a machine instead of an oven? Sensors?
>>
knead only.
>>
>>8254401
>If you like making sandwich style loaves I imagine a bread machine is nice to have

Bread machines are great for "utility" bread for like sandwiches. The uniform shape of the bread is good, and bread machines tend to be very "set it and forget it". That said, if I want a nice ciabatta loaf you better believe I'm gonna just use the oven, because the bread machines lack the ability to really make a "crispy" bread.
>>
I go in for the old fashioned way, down to the point where most of my bread is based on a sourdough starter I began like four five years ago.
>>
>>8254405
>Why use a machine instead of an oven? Sensors?
I think the true realistic draw with bread machines is they are in a way like a electronic rice cooker or a multi-setting crock pot, in that they can be set ahead with delay and have a readiness time for the product.

My sister had one when I lived with her, and she had fun trying different recipes. And, yes, they make a squarish sandwich loaf, but you can remove the prepared and risen dough to the oven for the final step too. If you buy boxed mixes, you can have the kids make it. You can also have a newb spouse put it together, and if you rely on bread, like for work lunches, it could be a comforting lazy no shopping solution.

Myself, I don't want one, nor would open one if I got it as a gift. I see them constantly at thrift shops, so I guess there's no harm if you want to enjoy the smell of fresh bread baking but you're a lazy ass. When I want something quick and breadish, I usually do a beer quick bread in a loaf pan. I especially love beer bread with stews and chilies, even a little more than cornbread :P I like to see how the bread differs by pouring in craft beer leftovers. Pumpkin, IPAs, guinness leftover from St. Patricks, doesn't matter, but it actually does a fine job in cheap lager too.
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
3 tablespoons sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
12 ounces lager beer
2 tablespoons olive oil

Whisk to "sift" the dry, and then pour in your beer and olive oil (or butter). Bake in preheated 400F, 40mins til top is golden and maybe a little split. Sometimes I make a compound butter, garlic, or something like orange zest and honey.
>>
>>8254416
>lack the ability to really make a "crispy" bread.

This, basically. I like my bread to have a crunchy, hard crust and you can only get that in an oven with some humidity. I mix and knead some breads with a kitchenaid, but my sourdough and rye I use stretch and fold for the knead.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.