[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I don't know how to cook because no one ever taught me.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: 416545.jpg (80KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
416545.jpg
80KB, 1200x800px
I don't know how to cook because no one ever taught me.

How can I make bottled sauce taste better for spaghetti?

Are you supposed to cook it on low for a long time?

Are you supposed to mix it with the pasta after the pasta is done or only add small amount to the pasta when you want to eat it again?

I genuinely don't know
>>
>>8250294
Don't use bottled or jarred sauce. You can make a much better sauce by just using a can of Pastene crushed tomatoes. I add a can of Pastene San Maranzanos to add some chunks. Just heat it until it is hot and the San Maranzonos have collapsed. Cook it for longer if it is too sweet for your taste. Saute an onion and/or some garlic first if you are feeling ambitious, or add some basil. But if you are looking for something quick and ludicrously easy this is the way to go.

There is literally no reason to buy jar sauce, it just tastes like shit.
>>
>>8250304
Well I only have jarred sauce right now, But I'll try that next time!
>>
>>8250294
Jarred sauce is always too seasoned to fix, with sugar or salt or anything
get a tin of tomatoes, I like San Marzano, and cook them down how much you want and add what you like. you can't doctor a pre made sauce
>>
>>8250310
Throw the jarred sauce in the trash and go to the store, or just eat the pasta with butter and salt.
>>
>>8250294
Spend some time here and look up some recipes for something that sounds good to you on youtube and watch people make it. you'll learn.

if you're gonna used bottled sauce then mince some onion, chop some red and bell pepper, sautee for a bit with some olive oil, add some tomato paste and stir it in, (not a shit ton, talking like a tablespoon or maybe a little less) pour sauce in, I like to add like a 1/4th cup of water because for some reason bottled sauce boils away so fast and then you're left with not enough sauce. add salt, pepper, some italian seasoning, teaspoon or so of sugar to tone down the usual tartness that comes with bottled sauces, and just get it hot. you don't want it boiling away for too long, otherwise, like I said, all the liquid boils out and you're left with not enough for a box of pasta. meat optional obviously. some of those frozen meatballs aren't bad though to be completely honest.

poor mans spaghetti sauce.
>>
Not OP but in the same situation, appreciate the posts and going to lurk more.
>>
>>8250294
>jarred sauce
Find a brand that isn't shit (not easy), then add some basic herbs and spices and shit. If it's your average jarred sauce, overpower it's shitty flavour with paprika or something and you'll at least make it edible, maybe.

But really make your own.
>>
Don't use fresh tomatoes, get some nice canned plum tomatoes,plum tomatoes with basil are good, get some fresh basil, garlic, and onions, cut 'em up; just put them in a pot and turn it on letting them sweat a bit in olive oil; add your plum tomatoes, then let it simmer away until the tomatoes break down, stirring intermittently. My source is the Italian guy I work with, and the Head Chef of the restaurant. You can use the ground beef if you want, or make some meatballs.
>>
File: 1478221454791.png (55KB, 217x190px) Image search: [Google]
1478221454791.png
55KB, 217x190px
>how to cook
>look up recipe
>follow recipe
>>
>>8252305
That's one way to cook.
>>
File: carver.gif (289KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
carver.gif
289KB, 200x200px
>>8250294
>I don't know how to cook because no one ever taught me.

That is one fuck lame excuse. Blame your deficiencies on other people? No. It
s your own fault for not knowing how to cook, you young punk.
>>
>>8252311
It's a good way for a beginner to get a grip on the basics.
>>
>>8252317
don't be fucking retarded. like 90% of people learn the basics by watching their parents/grandparents, and the same goes for just about every other life skill. if you have lazy parents that don't give a fuck about anything, you grow up not knowing how to do the simplest shit up to your early twenties. that's just the way it is.
>>
>>8252317

Some people have next to nothing as far as experience in the kitchen goes. I know people that can not make a box of mac and cheese. Let us just assume op is not trolling; but wants actual help. Just for a second. They want to improve but have no idea where to begin. They go to a forum that is about cooking. They ask. Then they get your douche rocket shit post. In the time it took you to get a (you) a recipe or a suggestion could have been given. I would have even taken..
>For me it is the McChicken. The best fast food sandwich.

So congrats, on being the lone asshole in the thread. You had the chance to teach and you chose to act the idiot. You should text your mom to come down to the basement and pat you on the back.

>>8252391
this
>>
>>8250294
>>8250310
Ignore the idiots who told you not to use Jarred sauces, it's unlikely any of them know what they are talking about.

If you really are noob at cooking, then playing around with a jar of sauce is a good start.

These sauces are pre-cooked, so you don't need to stew them for ages, it's more of a reheat so they only need 10 mins or so.

Play around a bit, add a load of dried Basil or Oregano (or both) maybe get some sundried tomatoes and throw those in? Garlic granules, olives, a few anchovies maybe?

Plate up your pasta and spoon the sauce over, you can mix it whilst you are eating. Before you eat perhaps get some Parmesan cheese and grate a little over it, or use cheddar, if you prefer.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.