[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have some whole, gutted rainbow trout and can't decide

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

I have some whole, gutted rainbow trout and can't decide what I want to do with them. Grill or bake them. Maybe fry. I want them crispy and kinda dry. Either way I've never cooked fish aside from plain grilling it with nothing on them but that's plain.

Recommendations on spices, marinating them, etc please?
>>
Did you scale them?
>>
>>8249233
Stuff with lemon, dill, parsley, onion, and garlic. Bake.
>>
>>8249233
If it's fresh, don't fuck with it and just grill it. Eat it with slices of lemon and arugula.

If you want to get fancy, you can pan fry it and serve with browned butter with almonds.
>>
>>8249236
I didn't, but they were already scaled.
>>8249242
Thanks.
>>8249247
They're from the supermarket so I'm not sure how fresh they are, really.
>>
>>8249259
Depending on where you live, it might even be todays catch but if you want crispy, oven might not do that, especially if you stuff it as those ingredients will contribute moisture. Broiling might work better.
>>
>>8249273
New England, not far from Maine so it's probably fairly fresh.

Should I grill/fry then? Bit worried about frying since I tried that with mackerels once while really wasted and the skin just stuck to the pan. Turned into an awful mushy mess and ended up just smashing it up with canned anchovies. I know I fucked up but I would like to keep it crispy without deep frying and want to keep the skin on.
Some chinese place I went too once had fish on a stick and it was awesome so this is where my ideal fish is coming from, but I'm sure it'd fuck it up over a campfire.
>>
What do you do with the shrews?
>>
>>8249242
This.
This is pretty much what I do everytime I have whole, cleaned trout. Sprinkle the inside with salt and pepper before stuffing with the lemon, dill, parsley, onion, and garlic.
It's a pretty perfect way to cook trout. I like to put the stuffed trout on a baking pan, cover with foil, poke a few holes in the foil to let steam out, and put on the hot grill outside.
>>
File: Before.jpg (1MB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
Before.jpg
1MB, 2048x1536px
>>8249233
You got two ways to go, mostly.

High blast heat from the broiler. Crispy and brown. Go with dry smoky spices.

Drenched/steamed in a sauce/butter/herb concoction. Foil packets in the oven are dope. Stuff lightly as you like. Sweet onion. Herbs. Lemon. Pic related.
>>
File: after.jpg (1MB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
after.jpg
1MB, 2048x1536px
>>
>>8249233
Blue trout is pretty good if theyre fresh
>>
>>8249330
this is honestly one of my favorite ways. fish like this is always good
>>
Trout actually pairs pretty well with apples. I like to soften some apples in some butter with a bit of onion and ginger. When it needs a bit of liquid, use a bit of white wine or sake. Broil the trout after seasoning, top with apple/onion mixture. Good as fuck.
>>
>>8249330
>dry smoky spices.

such as? sorry total noob here
>>
>>8249404
Chili, cumin, coriander, smoked paprika, etc.
>>
Rainbows are delicious but their bones are the most annoying fucking things holy Jesus
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.