[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can you put things that would normally rust in the dishwasher

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: nako dance.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
nako dance.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
Can you put things that would normally rust in the dishwasher if you take it out before the drying process?
>>
Handwash them, lazy millennial.
>>
>>8247602
No
>>
>>8247607
dude its 2016 ..... lol ..................
>>
>>8247602
There's nothing stopping you but there is a good chance that may still rust since it was soaked in water for an hour
>>
>>8247602
>that pervert guy on the right wiping his brow

I dunno. Try it and see. It'll probably still try to rust on you because dishwasher detergents are really intense and strip off all protective coatings from the ferrous metal. If you plan to take it out, sand the small amount of rust off, then rinse and dry it again before applying more protective oil it'll probably work pretty well.
>>
>>8247620
I was told not to wash pans in the dish washer but they are always left in the sink covered in water, wtf
>>
>>8247630
Yeah, the difference is in the much harsher alkalinity of the dishwashing detergent and higher water temperatures as opposed to dish soap and warm water from the tap.
>>
>>8247641
Shouldn't the hot water from the tap be equivalent to the hottest water my water heater can provide though? Unless the dishwasher heats it up even further.
>>
>>8247641
Umm, wrong!!

Listen up honey, you can put absolutely anything in the dishwasher. That's what they're for after all!!! Just make sure you add some olive oil and honey to the soap. That will help the metals avoid rusting. :)
>>
>>8247602
Even the shittiest carbon steel will take way longer than a dishwashing cycle to start accumulating rust. Just don't forget to take it out afterwards.

t. welder
>>
>>8247661
Obviously it would be more than 1 cycle though.
>>
>>8247646
No, sometimes there's a heating element in the dishwasher. But the detergents really aren't gentle. Try washing your hands with them and they'll turn red from the alkalinity.
>>
>>8247661
Clearly it's more than one cycle.
>>
>>8247667
>>8247671
I meant if it's taken out afterwards and doesn't stay in water or high humidity for prolonged periods of time the number of cycles doesn't really matter.
>>
>>8247675
So then what about leaving it on water in the sink for a couple days in a row?
>>
>>8247680
Depends on what OP means by "normally rust".
If it's carbon steel or cast iron or something try not doing that. Stainless might actually rust in select circumstances but is unlikely.
>>
>>8247602
Well now that depends on your water treatment program.

Are you using a deaerator to extract O2 and CO2 from your dishwasher feed water? Does your feed water tank have a N2 blanket gas or are your running steam?

What sort of chemical treatment do you have in suspension, a standard sulfite oxygen scavenger? What are your residual levels of sulfite?

If you are worried about corrosion have you considered galvanic protection?
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.