[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>getting flashbacks to how much sugar i ate as a kid holy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

File: maxresdefault (2).jpg (317KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (2).jpg
317KB, 1920x1080px
>getting flashbacks to how much sugar i ate as a kid
holy FUCK, how do kids stomach and process that much sweet shit?

>all that candy and ice cream
>all those saccharine cereals
>all that fucking juice
>>
Kids are physically active and growing.

Well, at least they're growing.
>>
Why do you think they're hyper all the time?
Also their bodies burn a lot off just because of the whole growing thing. I think, not a biologist but I know young things tend to need a lot of energy for their size.
>>
Ive heard that kids taste buds are different from adults which is why they prefer sweets to bitter things generally. It may also be total bullshit, what do you guys think,?
>>
We never had sweet cereal in my home as a kid, looking back I appreciate my parents not being a retard in this regard.
>>
>>8245759

it's bullshit, all human brains prefer sweet shit, it's just as an adult you're supposed to override it
>>
File: 1472-6831-6-S1-S17-1.jpg (54KB, 600x442px) Image search: [Google]
1472-6831-6-S1-S17-1.jpg
54KB, 600x442px
>>8245768
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2147592/
>Children prefer a higher concentration of sucrose in solution compared with their mothers, and this effect is true for at least two racial and ethnic groups [46], and perhaps applies to most or all cultures. However, the liking for concentrated sweetness fades during adolescence [21,47]. Although the reasons for this change are not known, they may have to do with changes in caloric requirements for growth, or the onset of puberty.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3738223/
>Although sweet taste preferences are influenced by a variety of factors ranging from genetics and race/ethnicity to nutritional deficiencies, chronic disease, medication use, and addictions (27, 41–47), the positive hedonic response to sweet taste is a universal trait. The finding that children liked higher intensities of sweet taste than did adults has been observed in many countries and cultures (47). Adolescents who preferred a higher concentration of sucrose exhibited greater rates of linear growth (48), suggesting that the reduction in sweet preferences may be associated with the cessation of growth. However, the mechanisms underlying the age-related decline in sweet preferences remain a mystery.
>>
File: F1.large.jpg (116KB, 1280x874px) Image search: [Google]
F1.large.jpg
116KB, 1280x874px
>>8245781
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3927698/
>Sweet taste in the mouth can also blunt expressions of pain in children (59) and acts as an opioid receptor–dependent pain-reducing agent. Its ability to act as an analgesic has been investigated extensively in preterm and term infants (see reference 60 for review) and to a lesser extent in children (57, 61, 62). Sweet taste is effective in reducing spontaneous crying and pain in preterm and term infants during an array of painful procedures, such as a heal lance, venipuncture, or intramuscular injections (60). Children can keep their hand in a cold-water bath longer while tasting sweet (57, 61, 62), and the more they like sweets, the better its analgesic properties (57).
>>
>>8245730

>tfw recognize those generics
who /Giant/ here?
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.