[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you recommend cooking sausages? I normally just cook them

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

How do you recommend cooking sausages? I normally just cook them in a pan with a little water to keep them from burning until I see the casing start to pop open, or cut them open to see once they're cooked through.
How do you do it? Any recommendations?
>>
>>8235830
>water
>>
>>8235830
Cooking them in the oven makes it easier to cook them through without burning
>>
>>8235830
The Wisconsin way (bratwurst): boil in cheap lager and onions, grill to crisp up the casing. Serve with grilled/sautéed onions, and/or sauerkraut, mustard.
>>
>>8235830
Accidentally came here from /pol/ but to answer your question, I put a little coconut oil in a frying pan and turn them after 10 minutes.
>>
>>8235845
Sounds fucking awesome. I would expect to see this at a Packers tailgate?
>>
>>8235830
Boil in beer, ensure you let the beer and brats cool to room temp after boiling, then crust them up in he grill on medium high heat for about 4 min each side.
>>
>>8235854
Absolutely.
>>
>>8235845
>Wisconsin way
CO here. I thought everyone did this.
>>
>>8235860
I gotta say, many states have their perfections but Wisconsin does up the Polish food and cheeses like nobody's business.
>>
>>8235869
If you're from Madison! lol
>>
>>8235830
>with a little water
you dun goofed, water takes out all the flavour.

just put a bit of olive oil in a hot pat and TURN FREQUENTLY.

when they look ready on the outside, let them rest for 10 minutes

worst thing is an overcooked sausage, they should burst with juices when you cut into them
>>
>>8235830
I think for most sausages grilling or smoking is imperative. You can do justice to them braising or sautéing in a pan, but for me they need to have some exposure to flame or smoke. Crispy outside, slight smoke and char, still juicy on the inside. I need the fire otherwise it doesn't complete the taste.
>>
>>8235830
>How do you recommend cooking sausages?
I don't.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.