[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

so i just discover a small patch of mold on 1 slice of my bread,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: bread4.jpg (25KB, 400x280px) Image search: [Google]
bread4.jpg
25KB, 400x280px
so i just discover a small patch of mold on 1 slice of my bread, while the others is fine. is it ok the eat the others?
>>
congratulations you discovered penicillin
>>
File: mold temp.png (117KB, 412x291px) Image search: [Google]
mold temp.png
117KB, 412x291px
im sure its fine
>>
>>8233541
no thats just the visible spores theres more inside it
>>
>>8234213
A couple non-visible spores aren't going to kill you.

It'll be fine OP, just look for any visible mold and take it off before eating.
>>
>>8234213
And outside it. OP you need to hire a mold removal professional pronto before this shit spreads and your entire house is unlivable.
>>
Mold spores exist literally everywhere.

Take a deep breath, and no matter where you are (bar a few outlier places like the Antarctic desert valleys) you'll suck in a bunch of mold spores.

Now when you can see it, that's the fruiting bodies, it means there is a fungal infection on the bread. However, 99% of blue or white molds are harmless to humans, and the bread is probably still edible.

If you are concerned about contamination, throw away the slice that is moldy, and the slice next to it, and freeze the rest so as to kill or retard growth on the rest of the bread.
>>
Like other anons said, there's less visible sporing throughout other parts of the bread, though not necessarily all of it.

I say if you're toasting or grilling the rest of the bread you should be good, dunno if I'd risk it otherwise, although I do have Colitis so combining that with my knowledge of food safety that was required for a job a few years back I'm admittedly more cautious than average
>>
so you just discovered. so it was a small patch. so it was mold. so it was on one slice. so it was bread. so the others are fine. so you're asking a question. so is it ok to eat the others?
>>
>>8234415
what
>>
>>8234418

Read it again and pay attention you egg, man is speaking English plain as polis
>>
>>8234436
what
>>
>>8234441

Man is asking why when all is laid bare plain and try all things said why he's asking a question the wee op has the answer to, cept of course the answer was no in there because he didnae count on the invisible fuckers hiding behind the blue shite

Plain as day, take a shower and get a clue
>>
>>8234452
what
>>
>>8234452
I totally pictured Dwayne Meighan when I read that.
>>
Related question. I left unopened, packaged, processed, sandwich meat in the pantry for 31 hours again. Do I have to throw it out?
>>
>>8234500
Most likely it's ok, but it's just cheap cold cuts. Take the loss and throw it out
>>
>>8234500
just wash & cook it and its all good. i did this other day and it was fine. the only difference from, your scenario is i left it in room temperature.
>>
>>8235454
>implying there are people who don't wash their bread
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.