[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What keeps you motivated to cook when it is so easy to instantly

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: 9041284.jpg (415KB, 600x424px) Image search: [Google]
9041284.jpg
415KB, 600x424px
What keeps you motivated to cook when it is so easy to instantly get cheap food that doesn't taste terrible and keeps you going?
>>
>>8228001

It's cheaper to cook than any of the stuff you mentioned. And it's often faster than to drive out, get fast food, come back.

Plus, I enjoy it. It's a fun hobby. Fucking around the kitchen is a great way to get away from the stress of work, school, whatever.
>>
Cooking with quality ingredients done right is both less expensive and better tasting.
What keeps me motivated is remembering the terrible malaise that takes over when I don't cook good food for a week.
>>
Because cooking is fun
>>
>>8228001
Because it's not as good as when I cook myself.
>>
Not wanting to be fat again.
>>
>>8228011
It doesn't keep you going, it's a false premise.
>>
File: 1477618600340.jpg (25KB, 273x282px)
1477618600340.jpg
25KB, 273x282px
>>8228001
Trying and making new food for the sake of doing so.

I've got this deep seated fear of that no matter what I do, it'll amount to nothing. Not a fear of failure, mind you, because failing means you changed something but you didn't change it enough. I mean that the sum total of all the work I put in won't even register. But making food lets me know that at the very least, I can sometimes make something that tastes good.
>>
>>8228001
I enjoy it and cooking is relaxing to me. I can spend the same amount of money on ingredients as I would eating at a restaurant or getting take away and I get a higher quality meal. The only thing that I don't enjoy are cleaning the variety of dishes and utensils during preparation. Still worth it overall.
>>
>>8228001
Until they open a dirt cheap fast food macaroni palace in my neighbourhood, I'll keep to the kitchen, thanks.
>>
File: murica.jpg (1MB, 2714x1803px) Image search: [Google]
murica.jpg
1MB, 2714x1803px
>>8228001
>What keeps you motivated to cook when it is so easy to instantly get cheap food that doesn't taste terrible and keeps you going?

I used to be fat, and I don't want to go back to that.

I feel a lot healthier now (besides not being fat) and I like feeling refreshed and energetic after eating, rather than bloated and greasy.

I found that, if you learn to cook and don't waste time on meme foods, you can make a lot of good food for even cheaper than fast food.

Also, once you've gotten good at cooking, you can make a lot of food that is a hell of a lot better tasting than low-to-medium tier restaurants, which mainly just taste like salt, sugar, and grease to me now.

I've actually started to enjoy cooking after I got good at it. I have plenty of good recipes that don't even take that much time to cook, so I'm not even spending much more time because of cooking (especially if you count the time to drive out and drive back).

My kitchen has a wider variety of dishes than the average restaurant, especially those cheap fast food places.

My significant other enjoys and appreciates my cooking a lot, and I don't want to start disappointing with shitty pizza and burgers for dinner.
>>
>>8228152
this.
I can make "fast food" the slow way and listen to a podcast or watch TV while I do it. I can even make a weeks worth of 7/10 wholesome food from aldi for ~$30 bucks, while a weeks worth of my favorite foods from mcdonalds would cost something like $40-45
>>
>>8228001
Whether or not cheap fast food doesn't taste terrible has a lot to do with whether you're used to eating it. I stopped a long time ago, and that shit doesn't taste at all good to me anymore. It's just salty greasy without much else going on. Not my thing at all.

I cook because I actually like the tastes of different foods, and enjoy cooking and eating them. Fast food is pretty much built on a handful of not particularly interesting flavors. Plus is isn't really that cheap. Buying ingredients and cooking everything from scratch may take up a bunch of my time on a daily basis, but I can get enough food to last me a week for what two days' worth of fast food eating would cost me. And the meals I cook aren't making me fat - back when I ate out often I was fat.

That's three good reasons to cook right there: Flavor, Cost and Not Wanting to be a Fatass.
>>
>>8228902
>I stopped a long time ago, and that shit doesn't taste at all good to me anymore
This. It's amazing how much your palate can change when your diet changes for long enough.
>>
>>8228916
It doesn't even take that long. If you go from fast/junk/convenience food to fresh food entirely in about three weeks the fresh stuff starts tasting really good. Go on a couple months eating fresh food and stuff like Doritos or Burger King will taste synthetic, overblown and cheap - the food version of a shitty sound system turned up too to where it's distorted playing bad pop music. Just not all that pleasant.
>>
>>8228932
>the food version of a shitty sound system turned up too to where it's distorted playing bad pop music. Just not all that pleasant.
Yeah, I think this is a pretty spot on analogy.
I also think it's why people with really unhealthy diets often don't like fresh vegetables and whole fruits. It's like trying to listen to a solo acoustic guitar player after you've just gotten out of a death metal concert and can't hear anything.
>>
>>8228141
Dude, no one is going to remember you in a millennium, so go out there and build your dream
>>
File: 1337144574180.jpg (49KB, 546x438px) Image search: [Google]
1337144574180.jpg
49KB, 546x438px
I try to limit my fast food consumption to once a month. It's just too fattening.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.