[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I can eat practically anything except fig newtons. I hate them,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

I can eat practically anything except fig newtons. I hate them, but I'm willing to try to hate them less. Recommend me brands of fig newtons that are actually good.
>>
>>8225287
all of them
>>
Why not skip the newton and just eat figs?
>>
>>8225835
this with cured meat and good cheese
Camembert and prosciutto
>>
>>8225287
I used to go crazy for fig newtons as a kid. Now though, for whatever reason, not so much. Same thing with bananas, haven't a clue why...

>>8225846
This, shit be dope.
>>
File: fig bars.jpg (38KB, 400x339px) Image search: [Google]
fig bars.jpg
38KB, 400x339px
>>8225287
>I can eat practically anything except fig newtons. I hate them, but I'm willing to try to hate them less. Recommend me brands of fig newtons that are actually good.

Fig bars, homemade. That's the key.

The dried figs are soaked in cognac. Some kind of synergy happens in those amazing dried fruit flavors and aged spirits, and citrus zest of your choice. Don't forget there are alcohol soluble only flavor compounds in food. For the cakey part you can do the old fashioned kind of cake roll around it, or you can do a sort of date bar recipe where it's baked in a oblong pan with cookie bar top and bottoms, sandwiched in there. Google some good recipes, and make some adult sophisticated bars. After you make them a couple of times, you can experiment with different fig varieties which are as varied tasting as grapes or apples cultivars.

I like dried fig jam with a glass of wine and some funky cheese and crackers. Dollop a bit of fig on top of some brie, in a crusty sandwich with some roast beef and mustard. One of my favorite packed lunch ideas.
>>
>>8226032
>>8225914

OP here. Thanks, I'll definitely give these a try.
>>
>>8226353
candy some figs in a pan bruv

have it with a soft goat cheese
>>
>>8225287
Once, on a lot of cocaine, I realized the importance of having a lemon drop in your mouth while eating a Fig Newton. Seriously awesome. Talked about it for probably half an hour to nobody who gave a shit about lemon drops and Fig Newtons.
>>
Dry eating a fig on it's own. I absolutely love figs, but I can't really eat more than a couple fig newtons before I get tired of them.

Aren't they made from dried figs? Shouldn't they be called "date newtons"?
>>
>>8226389
Get a bowl of chopped dates, toss them with sugar, lemon juice and zest. I think you'll like it.
>>
>>8226397
dates aren't figs. figs have spooky little teeth seeds, dates are stone fruit.
>>
>>8225846
>soft cheese
Disgusting.
>>
>>8225287
How can you hate fig newtons? They're pretty much the most inoffensive food that exists.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.