[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How does /ck/ do eggs? >Make 8 for my dad and I everyday straight

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 5

File: P_20161027_090839.jpg (633KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
P_20161027_090839.jpg
633KB, 1280x720px
How does /ck/ do eggs?
>Make 8 for my dad and I everyday straight from the hens in the backyard
>Put a dash of vegetable oil instead of butter in
>Quicly mix the eggs and put them in the pan after a minute so the oil dosen't evaporate before hand
>Keep an eye on it for a few minutes, moving it with a spatula every so often
>Once it's near complete, put half of a small cup of water with the eggs
>Cover it up until the water expands the eggs and is gone
>Serve with cheap ass sausage or turkey bacon on the griddle and I'm done
>>
>>8224473
>heat to max
>place pan on it
>might drizzle a bit of virgin olive oil
>break an egg right into the pan while it's heating up
>3-6 eggs
>might put pepper in there if I'm feeling fancy
>stir that shit until scrambled, or wait a while and flip them
Ain't even trolling. It's perfectly fine. I've had "well made" eggs, and they're also just fine. Other people will probably say that I'm a shitty cook, and that's obviously objectively true, but it tastes fine to me and everyone I serve it to - if they don't see me making it, of course.

In short, it doesn't actually matter that much. The margin of error in cooking is, by and large, pretty big. You'd have to be way up your own asshole to taste the difference between 5% more of this or that when dosing shit out, and such.

My anus is prepared for cu/ck/lord faggotry.
>>
If you're worried about your oil "evaporating" you should turn the heat down.
>>
File: huh.png (25KB, 324x166px) Image search: [Google]
huh.png
25KB, 324x166px
>>8224473
>so the oil dosen't evaporate
>>
>>8225638
>max heat
>virgin olive oil

doesn't it burn on contact?
>>
>egg at room temperature, cracked into tea saucer, albumen broken
>preheat pan on minimum heat for 2 minutes
>add butter, spread around pan as it melts slowly
>as soon as butter is complexly melted, pour in egg
>immediately cover and cook for 4-5 minutes
>perfect
>>
>>8224473
>toss in lil' pat of butter
>toss in about a teaspoon of olive oil
>heat up until butter bubbles, crack in some fuckin eggs
>break film around whites, tilt pan so whites run out
>black pepper
>cayenne on only the yolk
>coarse salt
>wait until edges start to rise just a bit
>turn off heat, cover pan w/plate
>cook for another 30-60 seconds
>slide them fuckers on the plate

i fuckin love eggs.
>>
I use Ramsay's meme method, more or less. Not the autistic on/off the heat way he presents it the video, but the principles of heat control and constant stirring produce the best scrambled eggs. For flavour I add salt, pepper and butter.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQD6S6v4TyU

two of these every morning with greens and turkey / chicken / veggie sausage + fruit
>>
>6 or 8 eggs
>Boil water
>Put Eggs in Boil water,
Ready,
>take out Eggs.
>Put into cold water.
> Peel
>While peeling put pepper and salt in a bowl.
>Put all peele boiled eggs in bowl to soak up the spices.

Cooked, Served, Delicious.
>>
>>8225735
>Put Eggs in Boil water
No.
Put eggs in cold water
Bring to rolling boil
Turn off heat
Leave for 6-12 mins depending on how runny you like the yolk (I like 10mins)
etc...
>>
>>8225775
No Put eggs in boil water,
no roll boilo, otherwise how you get eggs to become cook?
>>
I do Gordon Ramsay's "on the heat, off the heat" thing. I used to cook them very similarly to OP, but I got over my fear of slightly runny eggs.
>>
>>8224473
>>8225638
>>8225660
>>8225661
christ, this is sad
>>
>>8224473
Oil doesn't evaporate.
>>
File: 1032156189.png (10KB, 255x200px) Image search: [Google]
1032156189.png
10KB, 255x200px
>>8224473
>so the oil dosen't evaporate
>>
>>8224473
fry in clarified butter. its the salt that burns in normal butter. clarified doesnt have salt so doesnt burn.
>>
4 eggs
1 tbsp heavy cream
Whisked in bowl on side

Butter in pan, salt and pepper into the butter when heated
Medium heat bubbles starting to form on surface, eggs go in
Fold over edges repeatedly
20 seconds before they are done take them out and plate (they continue cooking)
Garnish

Slightly runny master race
>>
>heat a pan with a tavlespoon of olive oil
>scramvle two eggs with a dash of milk
>pour on pan when oil is hot
>salt
>move it around until it's how I like it
>serve on toast
>>
>lots of butter in pan
>med/low heat
>crack the egg into butter. cover.
>until the yolk looks somewhat cooked on outside
>season
like a lazy poached egg

www.youtube.com/watch?v=9MH483C9iRI
>more pepper

>>8225638
>it's perfectly fine
pathetic
>>
>>8225975
It has nothing to do with salt, dummy. It burns because of the milk solids in regular butter. Clarified butter has the milk solids removed.
>>
File: plate of food 2.jpg (437KB, 1624x864px) Image search: [Google]
plate of food 2.jpg
437KB, 1624x864px
>>8224473
scrambled, no milk, salt, pepper, with a side of homefries.
>>
>water in pan
>bring to roll
>crack eggs
>put lid over it
>wait a few mins

ready and yolky folky

fuckin YUM
>>
>>8225880
guarantee i make better eggs than you, prick
>>
>>8224473
>>8225735
>>8225975
There sure are a lot of retards in this thread
>>
>>8225687
I tried doing this a couple days ago but used bacon grease instead. I used way too little of it so there was little oil to pour over the egg. It also made a fuck ton of smoke.
>>
scrambled eggs

crack eggs in bowl
scramble till homogeneous and add pepper
carbon steel pan, spray canola spray
heat to 1/2 power (different per stove)
once pan is up to temp, add eggs
stir constantly with silicone spatula
remove from heat whenever eggs cook too quickly
constantly stirring, moving to and from heat based on heat
do this until eggs are starting to make smooth mounds
add salt
plate

sunny side up

get pan up to heat
spray canola spray
crack eggs over, break albumen
use spatula to push the whites into place
once they're the right shape, cover with lid to get oven effect going
wait till whites are all solid
slide off pan onto toast
>>
Okay, so do you guys even fluffy scrambled egg?

Add ONE tspn of whole milk (my preferrence) per egg into a bowl and whisk it up until incorpoated (like 20 seconds you idiot) then sprinkle some salt and pepper to taste.

Drop a lil slice of butter in a heated pan. Not too hot, like 6/7 out of 10. Drop those beat eggs into the pan. then I let em sit for like 10 seconds, scrape off the bottom of the pan, kind of in a folding manner. Repeat until desired doneness.

Your shit will be fluffy as fuck senpai.
>>
>>8226655
my three sets of dubs prove me right. Youll make your eggs like this tomorrow.

Youll fucking love it.
>>
i usually do a simple 3 egg cheese omelet

it's so much faster than scrambies and it's not difficult once you get the hang of it
>>
This
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUP7U5vTMM0
>>
>>8224473
>>8225638
>>8225660
>>8225661
>>8225735
>>8225996
>>8226000
>>8226021
>>8226453
>>8226651
>>8226655
>>8226668

Fucking cretins, all of you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUP7U5vTMM0
>>
>>8226703
Yeah....don't really like Gordon.
Ain't even the best chef in Britain.
p.s. you're better off going with jamie's eggs:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9r-CxnCXkg

>>8224473
>How does /ck/ do eggs?
Always sunny side up unless I have shit tier eggs.
>medium to medium high heat
>olive oil
>throw egg on
>let it cook a bit
Then you can either use 2 methods to cook the whites completely:
1. using your cooking instrument and breaking a small hole in the white area where it's still raw. raw will flow down and get cooked
2. get pan cover ideally one that lets you cover legs without too big a gap. An a little bit of water maybe a teaspoon or so. Throw water into pan and cover. Steam will cook top portion of the egg.

If you're going to scramble eggs you might as well make yourself an omelette
>>
>>8226703
>>8226698
Honestly those type of scrambled eggs are unheard of in america, i've personally never seen eggs done like that in my entire life until I saw gordon do them. You gotta be in a very specific mood to want your eggs like that.
>>
>>8226779
true. If I'm in a rush, fuck that shit. But if I'm making a full course breakfast, it's perfect desu.
>>
>>8224473
>get pan going
>mix eggs, salt and pepper, a bit of milk, a little mustard, hot sauce, sunflower nuts and chia seeds
>proceed to make scrambled eggs
>add cheese when eggs are about halfway done
>remove from pan when they're straddling the line between 'just a bit runny' and 'completely solid'
>>
>>8225880
>christ, this is sad
>>8226000
>pathetic

In all seriousness, stop being such pretentious faggots. You probably make prettier food than I do. It's most very likely tastier as well, because I'm recklessly careless sometimes. However, I sincerely don't believe it matters noticeably to normal people whether you preheat the pan or take extreme care to make it -just- right.

If I'm trying to place my penis inside a pussy, I might make it look prettier and shit, but it doesn't actually matter in terms of taste.

I'm absolutely willing to admit I'm wrong, but not until I see a taste test made by a person who isn't a total pretentious faggot - which is, unfortunately, a huge majority of the cooking industry.
>>
>>8226703
Look how fucking dumb that is. Just dumb it on the pan you faggot. The difference in taste is less than shit.

No one outside of the tip top chefs need to care, because only at that level will anyone notice. If you want to take good care of your family or whatever, don't spend fifty years in the kitchen making a single dish. Jesus.
>>
>>8225650
No, because I put it there while it's heating up. I've been told this is some 8th deadly sin by my girlfriend, but I don't really care. Never bothered me in the slightest.
>>
>>8225775
>No.
>Put eggs in cold water
>Bring to rolling boil
It doesn't matter. Eggs need to be very well done anyway. Dump that shit into the water and wait for 10 min or so.
>>
>>8226462
not if you're one of the people who's posts were quoted
>>
>>8225775
How do your eggs not come out hard as rocks using this method?

I start with cold water but after they came to a boil I only leave them in the water for around 3 minutes and 30.

A minute more and they are already hard. What is this sorcery that allows you runny yolks after 10 minutes!
>>
My pans always too hot so I never get the runny eggs but I don't mind. Have the eggs still wet makes it seem uncooked and dangerous
>>
>>8224473
For scrambled eggs I
>melt bacon grease and butter in pan
>crack eggs in and stir in pan, might be better to crack in a bowl and whisk but o'well
>let cook a bit
>season with kosher salt, pepper, maybe add a dash of adobo (with MSG of course)
>then take my spatula and go around the pan to release the sort-of half way cooked eggs from the pan and fold them on each other
>do this until just a little bit of raw egg exists
>turn burner off and continue folding in the egg, letting the egg finish cooking with its own heat and residual heat from pan
>throw in my sandwich or just on toast, maybe with some bacon

wala
>>
File: 1dyyOhM.png (8KB, 493x402px) Image search: [Google]
1dyyOhM.png
8KB, 493x402px
Too much cholesterol / calories in eggs so I just do the egg whites thing.
Every morning I have 2-3 eggs worth of whites, slice of bread with peanut butter, 1 banana, Greek yogurt. Sometimes I'd place the eggs in a tortilla with some shredded white meat chicken.

So far this has been my substitute for cereal (sugar) for breakfast.
>>
>>8225975
Brah, I always tell myself that if they're wrong on 4chan they're trolls, but here, jesus, you think salt is what burns? You realize salt is really just rocks, sodium chloride, PEOPLE WILL LITERALLY THROW HUNKS OF SALT ONTO FIRE TO COOK ON
>>
>>8226965
Cholesterol is harmless.
>>
>>8226965
The average adult can have 2-3 eggs a day and have perfect cholesterol levels. You can probably go even higher to 4-6, especially if you're /fit/. Eggs are good as fuck for you.
>>
>>8225975
fuckig lol, it must be the salt
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.