[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are fast fish places like Captain D's and Long John

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

Why are fast fish places like Captain D's and Long John Silver's so depressing?
>>
Chain fish stores are anathema to the fish and chips experience. Has to be a tiny, grimy looking local store operated entirely by foreigners and sweaty teenagers. The fact that the fryers haven't been cleaned in five years is what gives it the taste.
>>
>>8223490
you're right, they are like the wal-greens of fast food places.I've noticed they are always in somewhat poor/remote areas, they always smell very strongly of grease, usually not that clean, decor is old as fuck, etc.
>>
>>8223490
Probably because it's fucking greasy and disgusting
>>
File: at.jpg (74KB, 500x489px) Image search: [Google]
at.jpg
74KB, 500x489px
I really miss Arthur Treacher's. They all closed down in my area.
>>
LJS use to be so much better back in the 80s when they were a big thing. They sold out in '89 and eventually were owned by Yum! Brands up until 2011 when LJS, A&W, and I think a few other were sold by Yum! to a private party based investment group. This is where the huge decline in all these brands happened and it was pretty noticeable. Now they are almost all going to shit and nothing like what my memories an others memories reflect on when we see those places. As for Cpt D's..no clue
>>
>>8223490
Because they're usually empty except for a few old couples who no longer have functioning tastebuds or eyes.
>>
>>8224703
This.
I almost never see people go to those places. Its kind of a mystery how they even manage to stay open since fucking nobody says "Hmmm I sure am hungry, how about we go to Long John Silver's?"
>>
I live in new England, I have never seen a chain fried seafood restaurant (unless red lobster counts)

Why
>>
Where do I get sum good fish n chips at then
>>
>>8225912
you make dem. not hard beer batter or tempura for fish deep fry twice to make skin crispy crunchy. as for fries: twice cook them. dont forget chicken and garlic salt.
>>
>>8225942
you also drain them. thats why most fish places taste like shit. they just put it straight on the plate.
>>
>>8223490
Because fish just doesn't suit being fast-food unless you're British.

I mean, the Filet'o'Fish is the most depressing item on the McDonald's menu.
>>
I don't know what you guys are talking about, I live in a college town and there's a Captain D's that manages to stay in business right next to the McDonalds.

It's always at least halfway full, and the food is honestly really fucking good as long as you don't order shit they never make, just like most fast food places.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.