[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi /ck/, I have a company potluck on Friday and need to cook

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: image.png (764KB, 960x480px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
764KB, 960x480px
Hi /ck/, I have a company potluck on Friday and need to cook something, but I'm drawing a blank on what to make. Got any suggestions?

If I can throw it in a crockpot to keep warm (doesn't have to cook in it) even better. We don't have an oven or anything to really heat food up (microwave, yeah, but who the fuck wants that?)
>>
Make chili.

Depending on your location (also time of the year) and the atmosphere of your office it could actually be a hit and it's easy to just throw into a crock pot. It can also be uses to top other items like hotdogs or chips/queso. Which I've noticed almost always end up at basic office potlucks.
>>
Location is a big part.

Where in general are you located?
>>
File: 20151209_083004.jpg (4MB, 3984x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20151209_083004.jpg
4MB, 3984x2988px
>>8223409
Here's my go-to for potlucks. BLT pinwheels. A real crowd pleaser
>>
Mocha Punch

>1 qt. vanilla ice cream
>1 qt. chocolate ice cream
>1 gallon of milk
>1/2 cup of instant coffee granules (nescafe)
>1 cup of sugar
>whipped cream, shaved chocolate optional
>>
Make deviled eggs. Get a basic recipe, because I'm not posting it here, but make sure to add a little piece of bacon to the egg before you put on the yolk mixture, so it's a nice surprise. Warn everyone beforehand, since i assume you have a few fags in your company who won't eat meat. Also, top each one with paprika, and an olive slice.

One thing I did was put a tiny bit of Sriracha into the yolk mixture.
>>
I have a similar problem
I try to bring healthier options to these things since joe suzy and sally all bring cheesy potatoes and pasta salads
However usually nobody eats it and I get stuck with 5 pounds of beans all to myself
What can I bring that people will actually want to eat
>>
>>8223559
i bet that's awesome.
what recipe do you follow?
allrecipes.com or something?
>>
>>8223805
>>8223559
oh shit. what's the one with avocado?
>>
There's an entire thread full of inspirational dishes
>>8220512
>>
>>8223815
oops I meant >>8210446
>>
>>8223692
bring some cheesy potatoes or pasta salad
>>
Make tendies.
>>
>>8223805
>>8223811
Yeah i think it's allrecipes. The one with avocado is the same. I had one on hand that I needed to use and people really liked it
>>
brownies or cookies. if you want to make actual food chili is a good choice

just dont be that fucking asshole who brings egg salad
>>
OP here, sorry I went to bed, thanks for the suggestions! It sounds like chili is the way to go. I've got a recipe that most people usually like, so I'll probably do that.

I'm in Denver, so chili would make sense too, and will do nicely in the crock pot.

Thanks!
>>
I'm suprised no one suggested irish stew and soda bread yet.
>>
>>8224502
It was kind of forgettable
>>
>>8223409
I make cheese biscuits.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.