[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alright /ck/, here's what's happening: I'm a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: socal.jpg (165KB, 900x675px) Image search: [Google]
socal.jpg
165KB, 900x675px
Alright /ck/, here's what's happening:

I'm a skelly NEET who feels like using my trust fund to travel to the US, specifically SoCal, for the winter. I'd like to gorge on fast food and other American delicacies, and hopefully try to gain some weight for once. I will try to combine it with exercise to do a kind of dirty bulk.

Anyway, what are the best places for fast food in SoCal? I've heard that FiveGuys is good, as well as In-N-Out. I guess the Mexican food is good in that area too?
>>
If you're gonna be in the LA/Santa Monica neighborhood and want someone to hang with a bit post steam/skype/drop email, would be fun to show someone some places
>>
There's a burger place called Vaka burger, it's pretty good.
Los Angeles also has some good Jap restaurants
>>
Five Guys kind of sucks. Overpriced and the food's not that good. In & out's good though.
>>
>>8221541
My experience with Jap restaurants in LA was negative. Granted I had an Asian female companion, but there was definitely a cold atmosphere. I always felt like it had something to do with their ancestors undergoing incarceration in the US concentration camps during WW2.

But who knows, it could have been a racial thing related to my Asian companion.
>>
>>8222133
>Vaka Burger

The burgers seem great
>>
>>8222672
>Asian female
Your animu pillow doesn't count, weeb.
>>
Absolutely go to slow fish if you are in LA.Great after taking a trip to Lacma. Egg slut is good for breakfast. Enjoy taco trucks with some jarritos. Get high, then go to UCB with someone you know in the area and gorge at a hipster place nearby. Carry a bat for homeless people.
>>
>>8221541
LA native here. If you're going to eat tacos, get them from a truck, or Salazar in Frogtown.
If you're going to eat any style cuisine, just eat it at a restaurant that has no other locations. LA is rife with great chef driven standalones.
>>
just hit up random taquerias that look legit. If you don't feel confident about spotting legit taco places (idk where you are from) then go to taco trucks. You can also get good stuff if you walk into a carneceria, they usually make tacos and such there, and some markets will have a full on restaurant inside and you can get birria and whatnot. drink horchata or jamaica. Oh and eat some ceviche.

Going to SoCal you will be eating American stuff but you cant leave SoCal without eating mexican stuff, it just wouldnt make sense.

Also try finding a hawaiian restaurant. I like L&L Hawaiian BBQ but i am a pleb and i dont know what good hawaiian food is. but i like spam musubi from there and the pork buns

you can also find alot of good vietnamese food here. well, good in my opinion. not an expert on vietnamese food or anything.

as for american stuff i dont really eat it enough to tell you. in-n-out is a meme so you should try it just to say you did.
>>
SoCal is pretty huge, but if you're ever in San Diego, try the Underbelly in Downtown/North Park
>>
Tacos? Go to Tito's Tacos in Los Angeles. If you can stand waiting in a line of Mexicans under an overpass for an hour, you'll really enjoy the food.
>>
>>8221541
Why not travel to a fly over state? Enjoy our outdoors, parks and friendliness? Why do you want to travel to one of the least American places in the states?

If you are visiting merica and socal or ny is on your list, then you are doing it wrong.
>>
>>8224010
Agree. They're about as un-american as you can get. Essentially filthy, lawless, third world mega-cities. Might as well go to Rio, Mexico City, or Istanbul.
>>
>>8221541
>I guess the Mexican food is good in that area too?
You'd think because of proximity, but no. SoCal actually has shitty Mexican food.
>>
>>8224189

Not the other poster,

But I definitely agree with this.

I live in California and every city looks pretty much the same... same pastel strip malls, starbucks everywhere, traffic up the ass...

If you want to see real "americana" go drive through the "flyover states" and eat at Mom and Pop places... not chain restauratns or tourist traps.

Colorado is beautiful
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.