[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do any of you guys infuse your own oils? What's the best

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_2672.jpg (480KB, 1602x2048px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2672.jpg
480KB, 1602x2048px
Do any of you guys infuse your own oils? What's the best methods and recipes? Anything from Cantonese chili oil to herb infused olive oils.
>>
>>8220402
Oils aren't that important for cooking. I'd rather use that oil as lube.
>>
>>8220402
Yeah. The best one is where you get some nice fresh garlic and let it infuse for about 3 days. Amazing taste.
>>
>>8220402
My problem is the shelf life.
Botulism rules the roost when it comes to oil infusions.
>>
Has anybody here tried infusing oil with edible lavender blossoms?
If so, how did it turn out? Which kind of oil did you use?
>>
Sichuan chili oil is dope if you can find the Sichuan peppercorns
>>
File: sichuan-round-chillies-loose.jpg (62KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
sichuan-round-chillies-loose.jpg
62KB, 900x900px
>>8220402
Yeah, I do. I make a Sichuan style hot chili oil. I have no idea if this authentic or not but I was taught by a guy I worked with from Chengdu.

Take parts Tien Tsin chilies (those generic dried red chilies you see at the Asian market) and Sichuan chilies (pic related), plus some sichuan peppercorns. The amount of the latter is up to your personal taste. Dry-fry them in a work or a skillet until they turn aromatic. Crush the peppers (I pulse them in my blender), then put them in a heat-safe container.

Heat a neutral-flavored oil until it is well over 100C, but not burning or smoking. Pour the hot oil over the chilies, then allow to cool. It's important that the oil be hot for two reasons: first, the heat sterilizes the finished product. and second, it helps extract more flavor from the chilies.
>>
>>8220402
i like to throw garlic and oil into a slow cooker for a few hours to infuse

then drain that shit and bottle it

its figuratively crack
>>
>>8220851
Yup. I'd be bottling everything with olive oil if I weren't terrified it'd kill me
>>
>>8220850
Do you heat the oil? Crush the garlic?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QrIAO8QDfY4

reminder oil is ez
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.