[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Will fine dining cease to exist once the older generations die

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 7

Will fine dining cease to exist once the older generations die off? Young people seem to only like fast food.
>>
>>8216008
No
>>
>>8216008
most young people can only afford fast food

inb4 someone uses the word millennial wrong like everyone else on this site
>>
Do you happen to live in the midwest
>>
>>8216011
I am convinced that it will.
>>
>>8216015
Canada.
>>
>>8216021
Same thing
>>
>>8216016
Then you're wrong, there's plenty of people who prefer fine dining once they taste it and many parents force their traditions onto kids
>>
>>8216008
Most people eat fine dining because it makes them look like they know shit about food. It's here to stay.
>>
>>8216008
my yelp and google maps are filled with internet gormets who shit on all my local restaurants
>>
>>8216008
t. American without a passport
>>
>>8216016
Based on...?
>>
are you just totally oblivious to this 'foodie' thing or what OP?
>>
>>8216008
In America sure
>>
>>8216026
>Force their tradition onto kids
Those kids grow up and disregard those traditions and hate their parents
>>
there is more and better fine dining now than at any time in history and will be even more in the coming decades.
>>
>>8216021
The Prairies, right? Or Ontario? Somewhere without class.
>>
>>8216096
Not only more people consume fast food every year but they consume more fast food
If it doesn't stop the only possible conclusion is that it will take over completely
And what will stop it? The tablet and internet everywhere era?
We are looking forward to a future where there are different McDonalds poor people ones and fancy no kids McDonalds
>>
>>8216008
Only poorfags, medium-class scum and kids treat fast food like anything more than it is. high-class, the ocasional medium-class white dude and rich people still prefer restaurants.
>>
>>8216008
are u avin a giggle?

hell even i eat fast food sometimes, i still like fine dining and homecooked meals.

your just biased because you see people at fast food places
>>
>>8216014
>millennial getting prematurely offended
You can't make this shit up.
>>
maybe stop being poor and associating with other poor people?
>>
>>8216008
Hope so, fine dining consists of child sized portions that cost an exorbitant amount whilst only being slightly better than something a home chef can make
>>
22 year old here to say that i enjoy fine food and will try to make my shitty kds enjoy it if and when i have them
>>
File: 1381072045969.jpg (148KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1381072045969.jpg
148KB, 720x1280px
>>8216008
>fine dining
>>
File: dennis-hopper-easy-rider-bird.jpg (100KB, 835x461px) Image search: [Google]
dennis-hopper-easy-rider-bird.jpg
100KB, 835x461px
>KIDS TODAY
>>
>>8216383
I'm actually impressed with the sheer density of bait in this post. It would take the average retard ten sentences to bait this hard
>>
File: fast food.jpg (36KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
fast food.jpg
36KB, 640x640px
>>8216008
kids just wanna have fun meals with their friends
>>
>>8216008
you're just making blanket statements for the sake of making a thread. Here's your (you)
>>
>>8216008
The fuck they do. There's any number of college post-hipsters up to their neck in duckfat fries and craft beer. It's fashionable to act pompous about blue collar food, but they're still acting pompous.
>>
kids have different tastes than adults because they have immature taste buds (seriously look it up). taste preferences change as you get older. your thread is retarded anyways, you're essentially shitposting
>>
>>8216008
I think it has more to do with how you're raised. All my friends who were raised by immigrants enjoy good food and variety whereas my friends whose parents were born here would be happy eating hot dogs all day. I'm glad my parents exposed me to different foods and my pallet opened up as I got older.
>>
>>8216142
im confident to say that statistic of yours is based on america. your fast food is dirt cheap compared to others thats why. poorfags my place doesnt consume fast food. i bid you good luck.
>>
I fucking hate white children.
>>
No. Yuppies love fancy restaurants, and rich people gonna be rich people. The olive garden of the suburban parents and the buffets of old people are already as soulless as any fast food place
>>
>>8216371
you are a millennial
>>
>>8217285
you are the cause the trouble!
>>
No.

Also you fundamentally misunderstand the main purpose of fine dining for most people which is displays of wealth and knowledge.
>>
>>8217213
fuck off nigger
>>
I hate fine dining. It's so fucking pretentious.
>>
>>8216008
The answer is no. While there may be an influx of children being all counter-culture to their rich parents there are far more rags-to-riches types desperately trying to become part of that culture. See: Vietnam and China
>>
>>8216008
>Will fine dining cease to exist if the middle class dies off? Only the lumpenprole seem to like fast food.

There. I fixed your premise for you.
>>
File: image.jpg (65KB, 353x600px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
65KB, 353x600px
No, and you'll also see certain popular styles with millennials find their way into fine dining.
>>
>>8218196
How can you hate something you've never tried?
>>
>it's a DAM U MILLENIALS bread
Everyone likes good food, give them time to try it.
>>
>>8218215
>transgender beer
>doctor told me to quit drinking before starting hrt
Well shit.
>>
>>8216008
>Will fine dining cease to exist once the older generations die off?

I doubt it. There will always be two sorts of people who will seek out fine dining:
1) People who want to show off their wealth and/or impress others
2) People who value good food
>>
>"""fine"""" dining
>>
>>8218321

Looks nice to me. Far more appealing to look at than a fast-food wrapper.
>>
File: 1364834168783.gif (2MB, 200x293px) Image search: [Google]
1364834168783.gif
2MB, 200x293px
>>8218324
So you think moss and rocks and sticks look delicious? ok.
>>
>>8216008
Stupid question you are an idiot
>>
>>8216008
You obviously don't live in a city or near a coast
>>
>>8216008
Fast food has been around since the Roman era.

That means no, in case you're too dumb to figure out what that means.
>>
>>8218331

Rocks and sticks in general? Of course not.

Rocks and sticks from a place known for top-notch food? You bet. Because it's a mystery: you know it's going to be good, so the fun is figuring out how the food was made to look like that. It's about figuring out the surprise. Perhaps the chef has figured out how to make a different sort of food look exactly like a rock. Perhaps what looks like lawn clippings is actually a really tasty veggie.
>>
>>8216014
Millennial is like when you have a million dollars right?
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.