[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've basically kicked soda and sugary drinks out of my diet

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

File: 1338623088972.jpg (102KB, 720x538px) Image search: [Google]
1338623088972.jpg
102KB, 720x538px
I've basically kicked soda and sugary drinks out of my diet entirely, with the occasional redbull as a hangover cure.
However I still constantly crave them. Drinking water and tea just doesn't satisfy the same cravings.

Am I missing something in my diet or? Why do I still have these unseemly desires
>>
>>8215725

inject sugar directly into your veins
>>
>>8215725
sugar addiction
>>
>>8215725
Try drinking it warm when it's flat, that gave me a better taste of the shit I was drinking

I still drink it though
>>
>>8215725
You'll lose that desire eventually. Took me a few months before it happened.
>>
>>8215725
>Am I missing something in my diet
Probably not. You just miss them because you like the taste.

When I dropped most sugary drinks, I started drinking a lot of mineral water instead. Try that.
>>
>>8215725
Good job op.

The cravings will go away after a while, right now the sugar is just exiting your system. Give it less than a month, and i guarantee you will hate the taste of sugary drinks. Just don't give in.
>>
Drink tea
>>
>>8215751
>Drinking water and tea just doesn't satisfy the same cravings.
>>
Drink carbonated water (a.k.a. soda water, or club soda if it has trace amounts of salts added).

If you want a bit of flavor, squeeze in the juice of half a lemon or half a lime (and DON"T add extra sweetener). It may taste a bit bitter at first, but you'll get used to it in short order.

I find this a great pick-me-up when I'm craving something.
>>
Suck it up you big baby, cravings will go away are you pregnant or something?
>>
>>8215725
>I've basically kicked soda and sugary drinks out of my diet entirely
>with the occasional redbull as a hangover cure.
>a hangover cure.

If you're still drinking booze you're still getting sugar in your liquid diet.
>>
>>8216333
not to mention you should be drinking fucking water, not more caffeine that dehydrates you more

People who suggest hangover cures that isn't drinking fuck loads of water should kill themselves
>>
Fruit smoothies
>>
Just drink diet soda, literally the only down side is that huge amounts aren't that good for the shine of your teeth.
>>
>>8216360
tfw the taste of fresh diet coke is amazing

I need to stop drinking it
>>
>Stop drinking pop with caffeine
>headache 24/7
>>
>>8216376
worst feeling, just gotta get through the next day or two and that stops. Drink lots of water
>>
>>8216360
>Just drink diet soda

that's the worst thing you could drink
>>
>>8216382
Idiot.
>>
>>8215725
I do coffee with unsweetened coconut milk and honey usually, but since I stopped drinking pop I don't crave sweets nearly as much. Avoid agave, it's a bullshit "better" sugar alternative.
>>
go to costco and buy them flavored sparkling waters (taste amazing) to wean yourself off your addiction and seconding the advice of others switch to purely sparkling, hell even make sweet delicious smoothies that way you get natural sugar and fibers!
>>
>>8216339
How about your buddies protein and carbohydrates, you fucking shoe bomber?
>>
>>8215725

I gave up all types of soda over 6 years ago and I miss it every day. I just quit cold turkey because of what it was doing to my health.

Flavored seltzer hits the spot sometimes but nothing will take its place for me. I miss soda, but not enough to deal with constant headaches and palpitations all day.
>>
>>8215725
It's kind of expensive but kombucha every once in a while may be a good alternative if your craving something fizzy.
>>
File: 1433632377421.jpg (308KB, 901x631px) Image search: [Google]
1433632377421.jpg
308KB, 901x631px
>>8216370
>tfw the taste of fresh diet coke is amazing
>>
>>8215725
Are you sure you are not craving the carbonation?
Try carbonated water it's what helped me eventually kick my soda habit.
>>
water + splash of juice + aspartame = healthy drink.
>>
Keep at it.

I used to drink tonnes of pop but like you only crave it after drinking the night before. I'll have a couple of pints of Iron Bru then.

Otherwise I can feel the sugar coating my teeth/tongue and gives me a shitty taste
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.