[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>been around for more than 100 years >people rave about

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 3

>been around for more than 100 years
>people rave about them
>some sandwiches are $15 are more
>it's just smoked meat with bread

What's the big deal? They're certainly not worth the price.
>>
>>8215160

Tourist trap bullshit is rarely as good as the expectation.
>>
>What's the big deal?

People too lazy to make their own.
>>
>>8215160

>what appears to be some limes tied up in a plastic bag on the plate
>>
>>8215181
That's a giant pickle
>>
>>8215181

It's a pickle, anon. Who the fuck serves limes with that kind of a sandwich?
>>
>>8215188
Brazilians
>>
>>8215188
who the fuck serves pickles in a plastic bag?
>>
>>8215199
Lost of places.
I don't think they want to hand someone a wet pickle.
>>
>>8215212
I'll hand you a wet pickle mate
>>
>>8215222
I'll handle your wet pickle
>>
>>8215199
7-11.
>>
>>8215251
do 7-11 serve you sandwiches like that on a plate aswell?
>>
>>8215160
>it's just smoked meat with bread
THAT'S WHAT MAKES IT WORTH IT!
If you've had really good pastrami prepared with a special little something god damn it you'd understand.
>>
>>8215302
No. They're made by Hajib, Mohamet and Ahmet.
>>
>>8215199
If it's a pickle fresh from the brine, a lot of places put them in a bag or a tray to keep the juices from getting the sandwich soggy.
>>
>>8215382
so these places have never thought of wiping the pickles with a sheet of bounty or something like that?
>>
>>8215374
next time ask for bacon or ham
>>
>>8215403
then you would not get the juices with your pickle. How do you not comprehend this. The people want the juices but the juices make sandwich soggy there fore they place the pickle in the bag and every one is happy.
>>
>>8215441
the vinegar is inside the pickle you dick
>>
>>8215448
You're right. They don't sit in liquid at all in the jar. Americans like pickle juice. Americans want dripping pickles. Not a dry dehydrated outer layer.
>>
>>8215403
do you just not eat pickles or
>>
>>8215454
>>8215462
please can you quantify the amount of juice on the outside of a pickle
>>
>>8215472
about 14 ML of liquid. Enough to keep the skin soaked and leak around. Roughly 1 tablespoon on a full size pickle like that.
>>
>>8215472
"wet"
It doesn't need to literally be swimming in brine (although that's pretty common) but you don't serve a dried off pickle. That's weird.
>>
>>8215495
a tablespoon of liquid on the outside of a pickle? are your pickles 2 foot long?
>>
I love sandwiches. Good ones are kind of like a symphony of ingredients. They're fine on their own, but when expertly put together, they can create some pretty amazing things.

I suppose you could use that argue about practically anything in life, OP.
>>
>>8215501
then why not serve it on a separate little plate/dish?
>>
>>8215514
A 2 foot pickle would probably have way more. Dip just your 3 fingers in a bowl of water and pull it out and watch how much water drips off and report back.
>>
>>8215521
Who wants to carry two plates to their table? Which restaurant wants to buy enough little plates for the pickle instead of just using a bag for it? The cost would not be justified.
>>
>>8215522
my point is, you hold it up and let the vinegar drip off. You now have less vinegar to make the sandwich soggy. it just seems like laziness to me. if an eating establishment served me a sandwich with a pickle in a bag, I would tell them to take it away and plate the pickle.
>>
>>8215525
they are paying for plastic bags all the time. they pay for little plates once. Duh. learn economics
>>
>>8215537

Some people want the juice. It's standard practice in some areas that when you order a pickle they put it in a bag and might even ladle some juice into the bag for you. That's likely where OP's photo originated.

>>tell them to take it away
Why bother? Even if you don't want the juice (which is totally understandable), why waste time when you can just eat the darn thing however you like?
>>
>>8215543
And someone to wash those plates and pick them up when people are done with them and then what do you do when they order to go? Send a plate off with them and hope some day they bring it back?
>>
>>8215537
I'm sure you would, faggot
>>
>>8215543
>they are paying for plastic bags all the time
No, you are. Packaging is factored into the price
>>
>>8215554
the sandwich was served on a plate. it is therefore an eating in establishment. as for washing plates, never heard of a dishwasher? Also, they employ people do wash dishes in restaurants.
>>
File: 1382205458448.jpg (175KB, 462x435px) Image search: [Google]
1382205458448.jpg
175KB, 462x435px
>>8215160
>mfw New Yorkers call that shit good

t. Montrealer
>>
>>8215617
double the dish washers load and see how well they keep up. It isn't your kitchen with you cooking alone. If every order came with two plates, not one, they wouldn't have a chance in hell as busy as that place is.
>>
>>8215564
if I am sat down eating, I do not expect anything to be served to me in a plastic bag. And yes, i have asked them to plate it before. No tip.
>>
>>8215575
and so are the plates you dumb fuck
>>
>>8215631
read the end bit
>>
File: IMG_0001.png (70KB, 251x260px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0001.png
70KB, 251x260px
>>8215626
>admitting you're from Canada
>>
>>8215632
Do you also eat your burger king with a knife and fork because you sat down?
You pretentious faggot?
>>
>>8215638
No shame in that when your local jews beat NY's ones at their own game.
>>
>>8215642
no, and it doesn't come in a plastic bag either
>>
>>8215653
You're right, in comes in a paper bag.
But really it's a sit down restaurant, you should eat with a knife and fork. You're sitting down after all you should expect more of the restaurant. Since it's a sit-down restaurant and all.
>>
>>8215657
but do they serve it on plates. and maccy d's and bk are not restaurants. they are fast food outlets with seating
>>
>>8215642
Do burger king sell pickles like that?
>>
Looks impractical to eat desu.
>>
>>8215191
Mostly with fish or some pork cuts.
>>
>>8215521
Are you fucking autistic
>>
>>8215803
if the liquid is a problem, don't solve it with a plastic bag in a restaurant environment. If you took your gf or wife to a restaurant and they served up shit if plastic bags, I bet she would think you were a cheapskate.
>>
>>8215815
>gf or wife

I am a gril and have no problem with plastic bag pickles
>>
>>8215819
you obviously live in the ghetto or have very low standards. tits or gtfo
>>
>>8215819
do you even know what a proper restaurant is? You have to wash and be smartly dressed and look presentable before they will seat you.
>>
>>8215819
do you live in london by any chance?
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.