[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the most incoherent and unsynergistic meal you've

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 8

File: 1465031534070.jpg (25KB, 306x306px) Image search: [Google]
1465031534070.jpg
25KB, 306x306px
What's the most incoherent and unsynergistic meal you've ever had/seen?
I'm talking white wine with steak, clams with pizza, hotdog with ketchup. Stuff that simply doesn't go together.
>>
>>8208045
Everything goes together in the right proportions.
>>
>>8208045

God my worst dish must be one of the 25 over the course over a night at a place trying really hard to get a Michelin star. The whole courses were 50/50 but the one that I refused to finish (not a picky eater) was as follows:

>an icecream cone made from 'kletskop', which is a Dutch cookie
>filled with a piece of 'ossenworst' which is (great) Amsterdam semi-raw sausage
>topped with sorbet ice-cream made from onions 'Amsterdam style' (pickled), very strong taste

I don't know what the fuck they were thinking. Next course was wild salmon cubed with watermelon, watercress and dill, made up like a checkers board. Was great, albeit unconventional. Restaurant was trying way too hard. Did fuck the female sommelier so not all bad.
>>
>>8208086
Thanks for sharing. I love reading completely fictional stories on 4chan.
>>
BRUH do you even know about New Haven style white clam pizza? And if you dont put ketchup on a hotdog you're a goddamn communist
>>
File: 1408347074013.jpg (892KB, 2560x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1408347074013.jpg
892KB, 2560x1600px
>>8208045
>hotdog with ketchup
You done done it now.
>>
used to drive by a roadside store with a big sign "DONUTS AND SEAFOOD" that had good kolaches
>>
>>8208045
i bought a chicken satay pizza once, just told them no cheese

tasted better than expected
>>
File: [email protected] (215KB, 648x278px) Image search: [Google]
Donuts@Seafood-741428.jpg
215KB, 648x278px
>>
>>8208099

Mate I couldn't make that retarded choice of menu up if I wanted too. Another dish that springs to mind (I was there on Christmas) was 'Jesus' Crib', which was literally a heap of cheese thrown on some wooden crib which laid on a bunch of sticks with smoke coming out from underneath.
>>
>>8208108
It sounds odd but I could see it working.

I used to know someone who's parents owned a doughnut shop. They would leave every morning at like 1a.m. or so to get everything ready for the day. After that they didn't have a whole lot to do so theoretically they could leave then while someone else runs the register and be right on time to pick out fresh caught seafood and bring it back to the store and since most of their business is in the morning it would give them something else that would sell better in the late afternoon and evening.
>>
>>8208115
Thanks for playing
>>
File: 1463188478283.jpg (61KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
1463188478283.jpg
61KB, 960x960px
>>8208045
Once I combined Mac 'N Cheese and fried shrimp, because seafood goes great with pasta.
>>
Pelmeni with condensed milk.
>>
File: 1477008860296.jpg (65KB, 411x412px) Image search: [Google]
1477008860296.jpg
65KB, 411x412px
Just did this an hour ago

>made some chicken Marsala for dinner
>had some left over threw in fridge
>midnight hunger hits
>have some left over stuff from burritos earlier in the week
>put marsala in flour tortilla with cheese and jalapenos
>make into burrito and nuke it
>taste like absolute dog shit

I honestly don't know what the fuck I was thinking. I feel nauseous right now.
>>
File: Kermit WHY.jpg (87KB, 300x389px) Image search: [Google]
Kermit WHY.jpg
87KB, 300x389px
>leftover matzo ball soup
>salmon
>watermelon
>salt and vinegar potato chips
>topped it off with rum and coke

I just grabbed whatever I saw.
>>
>>8208145
bruh thats just seafood mornay
>>
>>8208045
Baked clams and pizza is a good combo. Also white clam pizza is gud.

I'd have to say the weirdest combo I've seen is peanut butter and onion. My roommate loves a sandwich of those. Yuck.
>>
>>8208113
I don't get it. Fried shit and seafood go together. Sweet food and seafood go together. Are you just mad because it's in some rural-fucktrash of a place?
>>
>>8208187
>>8208177

being loaded and hungry is never a good combo. I once bought some good manchego cheese and spicy kobsica from an import shop. I woke up to my visiting- back from the bar and drunk -uncle microwaving the cheese and sausage on a day old bread stick from ponderosa and telling me how good it was. He had devoured $30 worth of prime cheese and sausage via a microwave and shit tier bread. Still love the guy though.
>>
Dry cold cut meat (dried sausage or ham for instance) then a glass of orange juice
>>
>>8208115
The dutch suck so bad at cooking, everytime I go there all the dutch people are eating at foreign establishments cause even they don't trust a dutch restaurant with a dutch cook
>>
File: LeesClam.jpg (88KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
LeesClam.jpg
88KB, 640x480px
>>8208045
>clams with pizza
Clam pizza is fucking delicious. What's wrong with you?
>>
File: watchmen-button.jpg (122KB, 1000x500px) Image search: [Google]
watchmen-button.jpg
122KB, 1000x500px
>>8208068
Give me the proper ratio of cheesecake to bolognese sauce.
>>
>>8208648
Clam =/= pizza, ever. Call it clam flatbred, you fedora hipster, or better yet, fill your pie hole with it so you can't speak.
>>
>>8208685
>stoplikingwhatIdon'tlike

You sound like a giant fucking baby. White clam pizza is pretty popular, you can't negate that, no matter how much you whine.
>>
>>8208769
>something is correct and good if it's popular

lol
>>
>>8208685
Hipster?! Clam pizza is a Staten Island and New Haven classic. Neither qualifies as a hipster enclave. Both are as old school Italian American as it gets. You have no idea what you're talking about.
>>
>>8208685
I smell a flyover.
>>
>>8208779

This. As a New Haven bro I gotta tell you, firstly, that you are a fool, and secondly, that you don't know shit about food.

Clam pie is fantastic and you don't know shit.

Though I do have a sneaking suspicion this is bait as a fucker.
>>
>>8208045

I think the most synergistic meal I ever had was a Chicago style pie with sririacha honey garlic sauce instead of marinara, and it had sausage, pepperoni, and banana peppers on it. It was fucking delicious but still.
>>
>>8208545
thats probably california
>>
>>8208115
There is a Holocaust in there somewhere.
>>
>>8208675
0:1
There is a proper ratio, he was right.
>>
>>8209117
He said "everything goes together", not putting something in means you're not putting it together.
>>
>>8209133
I only gave that in limit form, making the ratio such that you have a miligram of bolognese to 50 megatons of cheesecake is functionally the same thing but now its "going together"
>>
>>8208826

>probably california

The fuck? Leave your village some time.

If anything, that's most likely southern New England or somewhere Gulf Coast. Definitely not West Coast.
>>
>>8208543
I will go one better. My dad used to eat peanut butter, jam, onion and sardines sandwiches. Minus the sardines most times but on those rare occasions he would go full out. Never tried it so cannot comment on taste but according to him it was delicious?
>>
>>8208675
You could make it work. Savory crust, thin ricotta cheesecake layer, topped with bolognese sauce.

Almost like a ricotta and bolognese tart
>>
>>8208675
>>8209373
Isn't that just a 'go 'za
>>
Pineapple and pizza.

Might as well dump syrup onto your pizzs while your at it.
>>
Lol know i wanna try clams on pizza coz of you guys
>>
>>8210003
https://youtu.be/ac7-8r_YXGA
>>
>>8208086
that actually sounds really good from just the description, what made it not taste good to you?

too many strong flavors/no balance?
>>
>>8208113
do you think they use the same oil :x
>>
>>8208685
> Is it harvest time in Bumfuck, Flyoverland?
>Have you ever laid eyes on the ocean?
>>
>>8210051
Come to New Haven, I'll take you out to eat
>>
>>8208187
>matzo ball soup

I need to get around to trying this one day. I've never eaten Jewish cuisine and I have a Jewish buddy that claims that I need to start with this.
>>
My circle of friends sometimes joke about the time my friend ordered apple pie and guiness.

[spoiler]it sounds kinda good to me[/spoiler]
>>
>>8210428
Don't see anything wrong with that
>>
>>8208773
>something is wrong and bad if it's popular
>>
>>8210504
>something is popular if it's correct and bad
>>
>>8210169
That's "Maple Flavour corn syrup product" not maple syrup.

Sincerely,

t. canadian
>>
>>8210541
>Sincerely,
>t.
You know how I can tell you're dumb?
>>
>>8210544
your*
>>
>>8210541
There are a couple Lactarius mushrooms that smell exactly like those fake maple syrup cookies (in the shape of maple leaves). They are edible, but I collect them in the fall and dry them to make potpourri. The smell is very strong and lasts for years, it's pretty amazing. Every time I open a drawer in my desk the room smells like maple.

The species where I live is Lactarius camphoratus ("candy cap mushroom"). The fresh mushrooms don't smell but the mycelia does, so sometimes you walk through the forest and there is this cloying maple smell and you know it is coming from the colony underground.
>>
>>8208045
>hotdog with ketchup
Back to 'go faggot.
>>
>>8209220
That sounds vomit incuding

Science has gone too far
>>
>>8208045
Some shitty recipie my mom gave me when I moved out of the house (from an entire cookbook of "combine X can with Y can") that involved combining plain ramen noodles, mandarin oranges, water chestnuts, salty preserved chicken in an envelope and some kind of "asian" salad dressing. I still have no idea why I thought that recipie would ever be good.
>>
>>8208045
>hotdog with ketchup
that wasnt even subtle, faggot
Thread posts: 60
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.