[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I recall many many years ago reading a Consumer Reports listing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 5

I recall many many years ago reading a Consumer Reports listing of the top-rated chain restaurants in the USA, and pic related was rated best overall. Do you agree with this?
>>
Yes. If you can't appreciate cracker barrel on at least some level I hope I never ever have to meet you irl.
>>
It's comfy food, served simply.

Meatloaf, dumplings, fried catfish, or the times when they do corned beef and cabage.

What's to hate?
Nothing

Would be awesome if they served beer though
>>
Yep. Food's good, nothing particularly scummy recently (no bad business or financial practices coming to light, employee/customer discrimination and other things being phased out), and the chains themselves are strongly consistent in quality/operations. I don't think I've ever had a complain about Cracker Barrel food in all the times I've been to one.
>>
Yes, it's the only chain I really like.
>>
>>8207241
>discrimination and other things being phased out

Damn, how generous! Pardon me if I don't scrape my knees genuflecting.
>>
They're alright. I only ever go when visiting relatives. At least Cheesecake Factory will serve me alcohol.

Don't buy anything at the "country store" though.
>>
I've never had a bad meal at Cracker Barrel. They make the best pancakes I've ever had and they bring me cheerwine in a frosted mug, they're doing God's work.
>>
It's badly executed southern food, the only good thing about it is I can buy Ale 8 there even when I'm back home
>>
>>8207387
M8 it's the only place I can get moxie here in Georgia.
>>
>>8207580
>Liking Moxie
>>>/maine/
>>
Dad used to be a manager of one a while back, food was pretty good.
>>
>>8207201
It's pretty good. It's the first place I ever had okra.
>>
>>8207569
lol fuck off
i am from AL, it's decent food
>>
>>8207201
I live in Australia and have never been there. Looked at the menu online and the food just looks like dinners working single mothers prepare when they get home because they're too beat to make something decent.
>>
Favorite chain restaurant. Became a staple on family road trips.

Consistent, fantastic comfort food. Breakfast all day. Just a good place to go.
>>
>>8207779
I dunno how things work in Australia

Single mothers don't cook here, married mothers barely cook

It's good food, but you could make better at home for less, southern food isn't hard to do and usually isn't very cleanup intensive
>>
Rocking in the rocking chairs. Browsing the same old knick-knacks in the store. Hoarding all the biscuits and grape jelly to myself from the best bread basket in American restaurant dining. Playing with the [golf tee puzzle] and giant checker board. Chicken tenders every time. Sucking on a jawbreaker on my way out.

every time.

= =

was the GOAT dining experience as a child in the middle of nowhere in the Deep South.
>>
Last time I was there I had Cajun fried catfish with a side of mac 'n cheese and dumplings. I was surprised by how good it was.
>>
Never understood the appeal. I can make better food at home. It's like the Tim Duncan of chain restaurants; boring but gets the job done
>>
>>8207891
>gets the job done

Wonder why it's so popular then....
>>
>>8207683
yeah, well, i'm from alabama as well and i agree with him. cracker barrel is just okay. and having worked at one once for a few months i can tell you that their claim of doing most of their dishes from scratch is a lie.

cracker barrel is a good experience with mediocre food. it's a cozy restaurant. who doesn't like playing checkers by the fire? it's nice and relaxing to go there, but their food isn't the best by a long shot. they make a mean breakfast though
>>
Their chicken and dumplings are tasty as shit
>>
>>8207779
if single mothers would make chicken and dumplings and roast beef when they're too tired to cook they wouldn't be single
>>
>>8207230
I don't know what you mean by appreciate at least on some level. The food is like a greatest hits of rural diner fare from just over half a century ago. It's selling nostalgia for something I'm not nostalgic for. I get it, old school dishes like chicken and dumplings are good, and over the top breakfasts are an American tradition. But if I'm going out to eat I want something more novel and delicious than what I would make at home, and Cracker Barrel ain't it. I really think their target audience is people nostalgic for grandma's cooking who grew up with mothers who didn't really cook. That ain't me. I don't ever feel compelled to eat the kind of food they serve there. Shit just isn't that interesting.
>>
>>8207683
>>8207936
All these bama anons on here.

Andalusia here.
>>
>>8208744
Honestly I think their target audience is people looking for a place to eat near the freeway.
>>
their biscuits are solid
>>
>>8209035
True, but it's more than that. CB is playing the nostalgia angle really hard. And it's a very specific kind of nostalgia - for 1950's small town Southern America. So it isn't just families driving on the highway, it's families who appreciate that particular aesthetic. Not everyone eats like that these days.
>>
>>8209068
CB just wants to make America great again, you got a problem with that?
>>
File: 1469985492446.jpg (75KB, 642x582px) Image search: [Google]
1469985492446.jpg
75KB, 642x582px
>>8208906
>Andalusia here
>>
>>8209082
I'm just pointing out that not everyone is nostalgic for what they're selling. I'm never craving 1950's Southern diner food served in a contrived country store environment.
>>
>>8209401
why u laughin nigga
>>
>>8207779
I live in Australia and I know a few single mothers, they cook shit like 2 minute noodles or chicken nuggets. I was banging one last year and I cooked her steak and 3 veg and she thought I was a master chef or someshit
>>
>>8209414
I totally get what you're saying, and for the record I think they deserve a prize for "cringiest gift shop in the U.S."
>>
>>8209417
>nigga

Because of this. If you are from south Alabama, you are most likely a nigger tier person
>>
You're obviously not from the south nigga
>>
>>8207201
I haven't been to one since I was a kid but it's pretty good for comfort food if you're travelling
>>
>>8209454
Where are you from big boy?

Andalusia is a slither of heaven in a pile of shit desu.
>>
>>8209454
All of Alabama is shit. Not just Southern
>>
>>8209476
Tell that to their 16 national championships.
>>
>>8209493
If the best thing about an entire state is a college team then that state is, most definitely, shit.
>>
>>8207580
Keeek moxie, that shit is bad and good
>>
>>8209463
Huntsville area

>>8209476
Sure, but the region between Montgomery and Mobile is shittier, by pretty much every metric compared to the rest of the state, you can check by poverty rates or health rankings or whatever, it is the worst part of the state.

Then again it's fairly uninhabited and a lot of the counties only have like 10k people and they are all poor niggers.
>>
>>8209508
Fair enough. I'm a Yank so I'll take your word for it
>>
Weren't the Tuskegee experiments in Alabama?
>>
>>8209508
Can't even lie the Huntsville area is the best in the state. Hoping to move up there after I graduate. So many linux admin jobs there.
>>
>mfw i order an orange juice and they bring a dinky little box of juice and a glass

can't they just open the box and pour it before bringing it to the table? it was weird.
>>
>be about 8 years old
>grandma would come to our house on Christmas
>she loved cracker barrel so we would go there every year for breakfast
>always busy
>you had to walk through a souvenir shop to get into the main restaurant
>all those Christmas decorations and spice smells
>get a nice booth
>order an omelete
>those cheesey potatoes
>parents weren't old boomer shit yet so they wouldn't yell at the waiter and hate my guts
>no blacks (surprisingly)
>always in a good mood
>come home to comfy christmas stuff, or newly opened videogames

ah the good ol' days
>>
>>8207683
>thinking anyone from alabama is an authority on what good food is

you guys are like the utah of the south. fuck outta here. even mississippi is better than your shithole of a state
>>
>>8208744
>I've never driven out of my flyover home state

You eat it on toad trips
>>
File: 1426132722910.gif (985KB, 425x283px) Image search: [Google]
1426132722910.gif
985KB, 425x283px
>>8209793

>toad trips
>>
>>8209746
>even mississippi is better

No, and I live in Mississippi. There is no state worse, I kid you not. Alabama is a close second, but we win the prize by any reasonable metric.
>>
>>8209793
When I do road trips I usually stop in little towns and check out local joints. The way I see it is I don't eat at chain places at home, so why would I when traveling? Just because it's there right next to the highway? So is Waffle House, and I'm sure as fuck not going in there, either.

We live in the era of smartphones. I can look up all the little mom and pop joints in the towns for the next 100 miles while I'm driving. Unless I'm driving through a particularly godforsaken part of the country I can almost always do better than a chain.
>>
>>8209502
I see we've got ourselves a butthurt A&M fan over here. Sorry you boys got stomped today.
>>
>>8207201
>go to cracker barrel
> order a barrel of crackers
> they do not serve such an item on the menu

why even live?
>>
>>8210657
I always thought the "barrel" was the actual restaurant and the "crackers" were all the white people inside it.
>>
File: cracker barrel meatloaf.jpg (129KB, 960x640px) Image search: [Google]
cracker barrel meatloaf.jpg
129KB, 960x640px
>>8207201
>Do you agree with this?

I only ate there once years back and I got meatloaf, which I remember as being good and plenty of it.
>>
>>8209444

Details
>>
>many many years ago

Consumer Reports probably has an updated list somewhere.
>>
File: IMG_1208.png (276KB, 424x412px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1208.png
276KB, 424x412px
When I'm in America I like to go in there when I'm on the highways because the food is consistently okay and seems safe.

It's also fun to laugh at all the fat Americans that obviously eat there too often. Even their kids are fat kek.
>>
>>8210790
kek

So true.
>>
google "cracker barrel brooklyn man kills family"
>>
>>8211871
Of all places I could choose to die, I would imagine "inside the Crackle Bargle gift shop" to be somewhere near the bottom.
>>
>>8207201
It was pretty good when they served real maple syrup. Now they serve a blend.

The atmosphere is an utter nightmare.

>>8207779
Giving single mothers way too much credit anon.
>>
>>8207374
Everything blacks have was given to them by whites
>>
It's the same bland cisco food you're served at any other restaurant desu
Thread posts: 67
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.