[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can you make a tasty pie without any added sugar or sweetener

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

File: whole-wheat-apple-cinnamon-pie.jpg (151KB, 1137x867px) Image search: [Google]
whole-wheat-apple-cinnamon-pie.jpg
151KB, 1137x867px
Can you make a tasty pie without any added sugar or sweetener outside of the fruit?
>>
No.
>>
>>8206642
Is there some reason you can't add a sweetener?
>>
>>8206642
It depends on what kind of fruit you're talking about. It is entirely feasible to make a sugar-free apple pie, I've done it, it's good. But don't fucking make a wheat crust, that's just wrong.
>>
File: 1476926707178.png (459KB, 592x533px) Image search: [Google]
1476926707178.png
459KB, 592x533px
>>8206642
>whole wheat crust
>>
File: Blueberry-Crostats-3.jpg (88KB, 650x433px) Image search: [Google]
Blueberry-Crostats-3.jpg
88KB, 650x433px
You can make a crostata with just the fruit being the sweet part.
>>
>>8206642
Yes.

You make up the difference with lard fat and salt. And the result is orgasmic.
Don't neglect herb elements because with no sugar it can help to add a little bite.
>>
>>8206642
eat it with fruit preserve/jam/jelly whatever the fuck they call it where you are from

btw, i like the whole wheat crust you have there
>>
>>8207815
I used to think pies weren't great, and then I tried a pie made with lard and it made me understand
>>
>>8206642
Why would you do something like pie half-way by skimping on sweetness? You don't eat pie regularly. It can be indulgent. A little extra sugar in one meal won't kill you.
>>
>>8207912
More sugar doesn't necessarily make something taste better.
>>
yeah, it's bread and fruit, you don't need to add sugar to appreciate it
>>
>>8208140
This
>>
>>8206642
Apparently adding lard makes the pie crust amaxing
>>
>>8208168
I prefer 65/35 lard to butter. You get the layers and flakiness of the lard and the flavor of the butter and without the mouth feel of 100% lard which can sometimes be a bit much.
>>
File: Steak-and-ale-pie-recipe.jpg (31KB, 552x346px) Image search: [Google]
Steak-and-ale-pie-recipe.jpg
31KB, 552x346px
sure you can
>>
>>8206642
You really can't. You need some kind of sweetener, even if it isn't sugar. There are very few fruits with enough sugar and low enough acid to be palatable alone.

The only thing I've found you could use is a certain kind of purple yam, it's not ube it's called a Molokai sweet potato and it's almost too sweet. So this isn't a fruit pie trvhnically, but it's a pie and requires no extra sweetener.

Not that it makes a difference. Just because the sugar is in the fruit doesn't mean it's better for you.
>>
File: 1473689996462.png (361KB, 480x720px) Image search: [Google]
1473689996462.png
361KB, 480x720px
>>8209820
>There are very few fruits with enough sugar and low enough acid to be palatable alone.
>>
>>8206680
Not OP but I have worn enamel from teeth grinding so life is misery. I can only eat certain fruits too.

OP, whenever I cut sugar in a recipe, I add more cinnamon and vanilla extract. Be a bit more generous on the fat.

>>8209820
Lmao
>>
>>8207830
You realise that preserve/jam/jelly/whatever the fuck are made with large amounts of sugar, right?
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.