[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just got an induction hotplate but I'm having a hell of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

File: 410quQb++qL._SX300_.jpg (11KB, 300x242px) Image search: [Google]
410quQb++qL._SX300_.jpg
11KB, 300x242px
I just got an induction hotplate but I'm having a hell of a time finding decent options for cookware that aren't william sonoma overpriced garbage. Right now I'm using my cast iron, which works fine, but I'd like something with a bit more versatility.

Can anyone recommend good, non-stick, induction compatible cookware that also isn't like $900? I really only need a frying pan and a saucepan for soups or whatever.
>>
was thinking about getting an induction plate like that for stir fry. Just buy a flat bottom carbon steel wok.
>>
1. take magnet to walmart
2. stick on bottom of pots until it sticks
3. ??????
4. profit
>>
>>8204578
Get magnet from craft aisle in Walmart.

Do what you said.

Get that pan, put magnet back
>>
I have an induction stove, most ceramic pans work with it.
>>
I got a Tramontina sauté pan back in the day, but they seem to have stopped being much of a good deal. The pan I got for $60 is now selling for $120 on Amazon. That's getting pretty close to all-clad territory.

This sauté pan says its induction compatible and looks to be fairly well reviewed: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00421AYK4

Or you could just go and spend $150-200 on an All-Clad which will last forever.
>>
>>8204747
All-Clad is great, but you can get some good try-ply cookware for a lot less. Some people have to have that name though
>>
>>8204505

T-fal professional 12 inch fry pan, 30$.

Non stick = Tefal.
>>
>>8204505
My recommendation is to find a home goods, Marshalls, or TJ Maxx near you if you're in the states and look for a discounted triply pan. I walked out of there with a 10 inch AllClad d5 skillet for 45 bucks, and I've seen lots of great deals on cuisinart, tramontina, etc. triply stainless.

Also, I seriously suggest that while you are getting pans, to only go for pans that have a rolled edge, or 'lip'. This makes liquids being poured out of the pan not drip down the sides. The lip breaks the surface tension and lets whatever is in the pan to pour evenly. Saves your cooktop/range a lot of mess. Pic related.
>>
>>8204578
>>8204583
Can you explain the use of a magnet to me? Is it to detect a quality pan with real metal?
>>
>>8204990

Magnets only stick to a subset of metals, the same subset can be used with induction hubs for reasons.
>>
>>8204990
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electromagnetic_induction
>>
i dont know what inducton compatable is but try those copper ceramic pans theyre fantastic, way better than teflon
>>
>>8205002
>>8205025
Ahh thank you. I have only cooked on gas powered stoves or those electrical coils.
>>
>>8205030

I've never seen a ceramic pan for which the anti-stick properties lasted as long as Teflon.
>>
>>8204747
http://www.costco.com/Tramontina-ProLine-10%22-Tri-Ply-Clad-Fry-Pan.product.100143881.html

Still somewhat affordable at Costco.
>>
>>8204505

I'm in the market of getting a hotplate but I dunno which ones are legit worth it. I was inches away from ordering a NuWave Precision but chickened out.
>>
>>8204990
>real metal?
As opposed to fake metal, or pans made of wood.
>>
>>8206399
By some definitions hydrogen is metal. By some other definitions everything other than hydrogen and helium is metal.
>>
File: floppy_5.jpg (59KB, 513x385px) Image search: [Google]
floppy_5.jpg
59KB, 513x385px
>>8204505
From a distance, your pic looks like a 5-1/4" floppy disc.
I'm probably the only one here old enough to remember those.
>>
>>8206382
I have got a super cheap one (it has even got a spelling mistake on top: "Surface is hot affter cooking" ...) and it it still works just fine. It's great for heating stuff super quickly (you can basically throw away your electric kettle). Not so great for fine temperature control, because the cheaper ones just have the full-on/off at various intervalls function to regulate power, not genuine power regulation. I can still make pudding with mine without getting anything burned to the bottom of the pot if I am careful.
>>
>>8206541
I remember them

I was a little kid though
>>
>>8206541
like do you think 4chan is a site 10 year olds visit? floppy dicks arent THAT old
>>
>>8206541
still have like 10 games on those
>>
File: 8inch.jpg (14KB, 266x222px) Image search: [Google]
8inch.jpg
14KB, 266x222px
>>8206541

>being this new
>>
>>8206541
there was somethiing really satisfying about pushing them all the way in and flipping that little switch thing down over it.
>>
>>8206617
>floppy dicks arent THAT old
Oh, they are.
>>
>>8206399
I meant to say quality metal. It was late at night, cut me some slack, Jack.
>>
>>8206617
Most 30 year olds don't remember the larger floppies.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.