[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you get from the gas station in the middle of the night?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 96
Thread images: 8

File: candy.jpg (78KB, 724x738px) Image search: [Google]
candy.jpg
78KB, 724x738px
What do you get from the gas station in the middle of the night? I usually get an ice cream sandwich or some tootsie rolls.
>>
>>8202149

beef jerky
air heads
starburst
soda
pork rinds
>>
>>8202149
Gas and tall cans of cheap beer
>>
I am not usually at a "gas station" in the middle of the night
>>
File: quiktrip.jpg (33KB, 340x255px) Image search: [Google]
quiktrip.jpg
33KB, 340x255px
>>8202149
>he doesn't have a Quik Trip
>he doesn't get Taquitos and Buffalo Chicken bites
>>
>>8202159
Califags out
>>
Arizona green tea
Microwave popcorn
>>
>>8202158
This. Midnight gas station runs must be what the plebes do.
>>
>>8202159
That gas station looks qt as fuck
>>
>>8202149
these are surprisingly decent, but i'm a bit concerned that they seem to be gone from a lot of the major chains and i can only find them at liquor stores and gas stations

i think they might have been discovered to give you the cancer
>>
>>8202149
coffee and donuts
>>
>>8202149
some methamphetamin.
>>
File: 1460589181892.png (323KB, 402x500px) Image search: [Google]
1460589181892.png
323KB, 402x500px
moon pie
>>
I work nights at a gas station. AMA
>>
>>8202535
Where did your life go wrong?
Was there a specific incident?
>>
>>8202547
>not having a low income job when you are early in your adult life
>>
File: throw_up1_answer_1_xlarge.jpg (26KB, 312x312px) Image search: [Google]
throw_up1_answer_1_xlarge.jpg
26KB, 312x312px
>tootsie rolls
>>
>>8202535
what station.
best food.
worst food.
weirdest story.
>>
>>8202149
Water
>>
>>8202535
seconding>>8202588
>>
>>8202535
you got any /x/-tier stories?
>>
>>8202149
tfw the nearest gas station from me is less than a 1/4mi away but was torn down to rebuild a new super gas station on that spot

Even worse, it's still under construction.
>>
>>8202149
Just how fat are you?
>>
Who the fuck buys gas station food unironically. What's wrong with you? Why are poor people so fucking stupid?
>>
>>8202705

I would argue that they're poor BECAUSE they are stupid, not the other way around.
>>
>>8202299

That's very cheap for a petrol station
>>
i go to petrol station around 3-4am in the morning after going to club with my buddies
I am always the driver, so i get a coffee, maybe pizza (they make them fresh believe it or not) and some cigs
Makes a good "rest and get your shit together" place.
>>
>>8202705
>i'm afraid of processed food that you can buy at any other store (and probably do)
>>
>>8202771

Missing the point, cletus. Gas station food is horribly overpriced. That's the problem.
>>
>>8202776
oh, my bad. let me fix it.

>I'm too jew to pay .20 more for processed food than i could at walmart, when it's 2am and walmart is closed
>>
>>8202792

You're still wrong there, foolio.

>>I'm too stupid to cook food for myself so I'm willing to buy processed garbage at inflated prices in the first place.

Plus, why the fuck are you even up at 2 AM? You're doing it wrong.
>>
>>8202160
Those are in the middle country too.
>>
>>8202805
Irregular work schedule, insomnia and other reasons I'm sure.
>>
It's where I score heroin from. Nice guys.
>>
>>8202805
some of us have friends and fun, anon. late night campin trips, road trips, bar hopping. why don't you? i wonder
>>
Speedway Tornadoes/RollerBites, chips, and Monster Energy and/or red Gatorade
>>
>>8202839

I love camping. What does that have to do with a gas station at 2 AM? Are you camping in their parking lot like some bum?

Road trip? Sounds great. Why are we driving at 2 AM though? Why not stop somewhere along the way and make some new friends?
>>
File: 100_and_1000_s.jpg (20KB, 640x172px) Image search: [Google]
100_and_1000_s.jpg
20KB, 640x172px
This and chocolate milk.

This is my favourite snack and I'm not ashamed of it.
>>
Gas stations here are inhabited by dangerous minorities and homeless always begging for money so I never go to them
>>
>>8202844
idk, i do car camping or set up camp on service roads a lot. saves you money and usually nobody's around, sometimes you get bored, go take a drive.

because part of the appeal is driving around at 2am, man. when the world is quiet, and you feel kinda weird and thoughtful. maybe you blast music. do donuts somewhere in empty lots. it's fine you don't find that stuff fun, or don't understand that junk food from convenience stores is part of the entertainment, but you're not superior for it or something. you know? we all have our own fun.
>>
File: wawa sandwich.jpg (47KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
wawa sandwich.jpg
47KB, 600x600px
definitely stopping at Wawa for some kind of sandwich, a coffee, and maybe kettle chips or a candy bar if I'm really hungry
>>
>>8202851
When you say car camping, do you mean setting up a campsite near your car instead of hiking out somewhere, or actually staying in your car for the night?
>>
>>8202805
>Plus, why the fuck are you even up at 2 AM? You're doing it wrong.
Never go full retard.
>>
>>8202535
Where do you work?
>>
>>8202535
>AMA
>doesn't answer anything
fuck you
>>
>>8202710
it's a pic i found online, i'm not even british

actually, the prices on those boxes are about how much they cost at a gas station over here, which is about 50% more expensive than at a liquor store.
>>
>>8202938
this

that guy is a nigger
>>
A Snickers to hold me over until I got home to some real food.
>>
>>8202990
i dont work at a gas station AMA
>>
>>8202993
do you like scottish meatballs? they're my favorite ground-meat based food
>>
>>8202149
>What do you get from the gas station in the middle of the night? I usually get an ice cream sandwich or some tootsie rolls.
Why is /ck/ 90% shit-tier?
>>
>>8202588
Speedway
Uh. Fuck, I kind of hate it all. The sub sandwiches aren't too bad. I usually just get chips or something.
The bacon egg and cheese rollerbite things are good.
>worst food
the chicken or tuna salad wedge sandwiches or maybe the egg rolls
>weirdest story
I really don't get that much weird stuff going on. Weirdest was probably a Scottish lady who was visiting her daughter, got drunk, got into a fight with her, and just wandered off in a random direction for a few miles until she ended up at my gas station at like 2 AM.
>>8202607
The ice machine spits out ice on its own and the wind opens the doors which sets off the doorbell making me spooked. Most /x/ related thing I got is a old guy who's face was covered in blood. He seemed fine other than that though.
>>8202938
Sorry, I thought I was just gonna be ignored. Came back though.
>>8202916
(see above)
>>
Near my house there's a combination BP station & McDonalds that's open 24/7.

So usually egg mcmuffins and hashbrowns, and maybe a strawberry shake if I'm feelin rowdy.
>>
>>8203005
I've never had them but they look delicious
>>
>>8202149
This is bullshit. Nobody eats tootsie rolls.

Literally nobody.
>>
>>8203040
fuck you I have them sometimes
>>
>>8202551
As opposed to having a job with good income? Good choice.
>>
>>8203044
>getting a good income job right out of high school
Besides, I'm leaving this job in a few weeks for something much better anyway.
Everyone should work a crappy service job at least once.
>>
>>8202839
>why don't you? i wonder
that's a good question, he really seems like such a fun person
>>
>>8203028
did you find out why the guy had blood on his face?
>>
>>8202875
both, i have a very large car. put the backseats down and cozy af with tons of comforters piled up, a nice book, pillows, leave the back door open if it's nice out. little portable table and some seats for the site. i like sleeping in a hammock so i have that instead of a tent, but it rains here a lot, so the car is a good 2nd option
>>
>>8203058
I really wish I asked him. He was being driven around by someone who stayed in the car and was somewhat elderly (had a cane). My best guess is he fell pretty fucking badly.
>>
>>8202705
>>8202776
>>8202805
>>8202844
I DON'T UNDERSTAND LIFESTYLE CHOICES THAT ARE DIFFERENT FROM Y OWN!!!!!!!!
>>
>>8203065
This posts describes half of this board, honestly.
>>
>>8203048
>Everyone should work a crappy service job at least once.
What's your reasoning behind that? Why should someone be required to employ themselves below their capabilities? Seems pointless if you can do better.
>>
>>8202535

You ever fuck the lot lizards?

What's your average stoner count on any given night?
>>
>>8203069
If you can do better, then by all means. But working a service job teaches humility and helps with general work ethic.
>>
>>8202149
Pretzel rods
Pickled sausage
Jalapeno flavored something
Pork rinds

and some other things once in a while.
>>
>>8203014
so don't visit /ck/ if it doesn't appeal to you
>>
>>8203070
>You ever fuck the lot lizards?
Hell naw. I don't even think I get any. My station is in the suburbs.
>What's your average stoner count on any given night?
I never actually bothered to count, but there are definitely a lot. Usually between 11pm (start of my shift) to 3am, I'll get like a dozen or two?
You can tell they are stoners because they're fairly young and by cigarillos.
>>
>>8203069
>i knew people who got me a good job, i wasn't born with no hookups or skills or opportunities to start at the 2nd rung like most of the middle to lower class ppl in this country

like it's cool you got a good break, but most of us started as janitors, or fast food, or whatever, put the hours in to earn a better paycheque. you got handed one for free. congrats. you seem 'better' for it.
>>
>>8203084
You misunderstand.
I am complaining, but I'm also genuinely curious.

It seems like this is the board where people would want to discuss recipes, improving cooking skills, new ingredients to try, the best cooking equipment, what it's like in the food industry, etc...
and those threads do happen, like 10% of the time.

But the rest is all about fast food and gas station food and things that I'd assume nobody really cares about that much. It seems weird that people would come to a cooking board to talk about this. Why does it happen so frequently?
>>
File: tumblr_lydarpafPv1qguu2io1_500.gif (787KB, 500x400px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lydarpafPv1qguu2io1_500.gif
787KB, 500x400px
Gas station egg salad sammich for the fucking win
>>
>>8203112
straight nasty
>>8203111
it's a food and cooking food, so lots of it is about food itself (if you include fast food as food)
there's fun shit like jack and joey threads but they usually get deleted sadly
>>
>>8203111
a big portion of it is because it's 4chan, so people enjoy shitposting, joking about being lazy slobs, etc. this isn't some professional food forum and i doubt it'd be fun if it was. we talk about what we experience, and i think for the most part, high end chefs probably just don't visit 4chan enough to warrant a board just for them. so we post about junk food for the lolz because it's what we acn suck the most enjoyable content from.
>>
>>8203111
You're forgetting the fast food posts are advertisements posted by shills paid by the various companies to look like they were made by genuine posters to get around ad blocking and such.

They're fake. No one, anywhere, at anytime would sincerely discuss fast food. Think about it.
>>
>>8202499

what a time to be alive
>>
>>8203141
>You're forgetting the fast food posts are advertisements posted by shills paid by the various companies
I've always wondered about this, since so many of those posts seem like obvious advertisements for shit products
>>
>>8203156
Yea the McDonalds shills are painfully obvious since McDonalds is shit and no one would want to go there. If i wanted a hot and delicious meal I would get dave's cheeseburger only available from wendys
>>
>>8203095
>Lonely neet too inept to form connections

So many smaller companies hire relatives or friends of existing employees
>>
>>8203146
>since 1917
eh not really
>>
>>8203174
dont insult our elder members kiddo
>>
>>8203156
The "better" (at least in marketing terms) shills do at least try to make it look somewhat real, but they're still ads, and they're still paid to post and create responses to them.
>>
>>8203173
bud, i am a 20 year old with over 10 grand in savings. i started as a janitor, worked my way up, and moved out at early 19. i'm doing better than most people my age group. my family hated me and didn't help me get shit, i know how to form connections. but that doesn't mean connections get you some high class job all the time. sometimes the connections come from the shit level job.

smaller companies usually pay the same as a gas station worker, often overworking people and no benefits. so tell me again why that's preferable?
>>
>>8203168
Brought to you by Carl's Jr.
>>
Jolly good and tea.
>>
>>8202149
petrol. im working at that hour
>>
>>8203095

>most of us

As in most humans or most NEETs?

Most humans did not start in crappy service. Maybe in US cities yes but there are many more people in the world.
>>
>>8203060
Always wanted to sleep in a hammock, have a nice little backpacking tent though so I've always used that when I go camping. Just staying in your car sounds nice and convenient, mine would be pretty cramped though if I just tried to sleep in the back seats unfortunately.
>>
>>8203190
This.

I worked in construction and landscaping since I was 16, since I believed it was where the money was at. My dad and grandfather were both laborers, and my grandpa ran a moderately successful family landscaping company. I made a lot of connections. We did big jobs for the city too.

But the high paying contracts were few and far between. Most of the time I was getting paid about 12 -15 bucks an hour for back breaking labor.

Now, in California, minimum wage is 11.50 right now. That's how much a maintenance company was paying me. Even though I was a skilled operator and laborer, I was getting paid as much as someone who works in fast food was.

So I said fuck it. Last Wednesday I came up to Oregon and got a job working on a dairy farm. I've always wanted to do this kind of work.
I'm getting a side job at a gas station/ mini mart that is open 24 hours. The pay is the same as I was making in california, but the rent is cheaper here and the work is relaxing.
>>
>>8203190
I live at home with my parents since I'm not a shit head and they love me. I have no income but being popular (maybe a """"Chad"""" in your kids books) will get me a high paying job any day now
>>
>>8202149
bottle of the cheapest wine they've got
>>
>>8203175

That's a paddling.
>>
>>8202149
A corn dog or a gasser
>>
>>8204039
fuck off back to /pol/ faggot
>>
>>8204412

howdy reddittumblr!

please refrain from replying in the future, thank you so much.
Thread posts: 96
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.