[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the worst restaurant you ever worked at? For me

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 0

What's the worst restaurant you ever worked at?

For me it would have to be this Moroccan place I was a dishwasher at for 2 months. Everyone except the owner was strung out on heroin, boss always paid us late (payday was supposed to be Friday, he would always give us our paychecks on Monday) half the workers never showed up and it was always DEAD. One day our boss convinced the city to host some sort of event there in which 300+ people showed up. We've never had a night where 30 people showed up to eat, let alone 300. I wasnt even supposed to work that night but they called me into help. When i got there there were no clean dishes and a shit ton of food that needed to go out at that fuckig second. Some of the customers got their dinner in styrofoam. Needless to say it was an absolute disaster. One bus boy was on so much xanax he passed out and threw up in the rest room sink (in front of a city commissioner). One guy was cooking and was so fucking high on heroin he almost passed out on the line.

The only sane people there were the other dishwasher and I.

About 2 weeks after the event they closed down and I never got my last paycheck. They owe me like $500 at least. But it was 5 years ago. I'll never see that money.

I know one of you bastards had it worse than me.
>>
ihop outside of the main city

disgusting
>>
>>8200510
Pic related?
>>
>>8200522
What'd you see
>>
>>8200510

More stories of that job pLs, I love it
>>
McDonalds in Miami
>>
>>8200510
this place called "pizza house"

i was a delivery driver for these turkish fucks. They paid me 6$ an hour and took half of my tips if i earned over 100$ in tips. They never knew where the address was but they expected me to know every single address. If i used a GPS they would harass me and everytime at sundown they would start praying so i had to jump around them while they made deliveries.

They always blasted shitty turk music and would spend half of the day watching Turkish News. Funniest part was when the cook would break out into dance tho so i can't say it was totally bad.

place was disgusting tho, i had to teach them how to sweep and acted as the handyman to fix the celing.
>>
Genghis Grill, or Mellow Mushroom.
>>
>>8200510
Came to enlarge pic
Was pleased
Stories are ok too
>>
worked for a local taco shop. Sweet mexican woman who interviewed me became a bitch as soon as I was hired. She was also a tightwad. She had the hot water turned off (not up to code). There was a legitimate commercial dish washing machine, but to save money she put a tub in the bottom of the deep sink and would use that water till it was black. I changed it a couple times when it was dirty and got yelled at. The place got a decent amount of tips, but I learned that I had to split them 4 ways (wtf?). Quit after the 2nd shift. Never got paid for my hours.
>>
>>8200860
Same poster. I worked for a chipotle for 1 month as a grill cook. Day 1 I clocked in 2 minutes before my shift. The GM called me in his office and said that you can only clock in 1 minute before your shift at most. He went ahead and changed my time on the computer
>red flag
They have all of these sayings that you have to remember. It is a bunch of buzzword bullshit about empowerment. Okay whatever. The problem comes when they literally make you chant these sayings. The restaurant didn't have a dishwasher machine, nor a person dedicated to dishes so we all had to "chip in". There were several times closing when every employee would be in the dish till an hour or three past close just catching up on dishes. Also it made the workers all hate each other.
In the morning they want you to cut X amount of cilantro. Typically it would be about 8 lbs. You would get approx 15 min to do this. If ever I pulled off this superhuman feat of strength, some pencil dick manager would manage to find one piece that wasn't small enough, and bring it to me and say "hey so you've really got to watch your cut sizes". It was infuriating.
I had worked in nice restaurants before, and was only training at this location to help open another as midmanagement. I quit before it opened. I told them the "culture" here that you guys so cherish is bullshit. Approx 2 months later the e.coli thing happened and I couldn't have been mroe happy.
>>
>>8200806
Guess i should add stories

Ghengis grill:

Worked there for 5 months in High School.
The busser on shifts i worked was about 35, 5'6", 200, mexican, barely spoke english, had spiky hair, and was named Pablo. This weirdo would hit on all the waitresses in broken english, and do fat rails of coke off the back on the toilet in the men's room. I think he mentioned he had 5 kids. quite a character to observe at 16.

Also met a guy Dale that worked as a server and grew a lot of really good weed. Surprisingly good shit. He got arrested in front of the restaurant one night after he and his girlfriend got in a fight and he threw a nasty punch at her.
Ws pissed about the lost weed hook at the time, i dont smoke anymore in my mid 20's.

Mellow Mushroom:

Won't lie, cool staff, but the managers were idiots. The Kitchen staff had so much turnover that they all made dishes different ways, the KM never put in the time to train new guys uniformly.

The two dishwashers got in a massive fight in the dish pit on saturday night during the holiday season, so bad that the cops game. One guy was in his mid 20's and had aspergers, and would fall in love with the waitresses, in a very creepy way. The other guy was a this slim weboo in his late teens. Aspie was a great dishwasher, and weboo was slow. Aspie would constantly give weboo shit about being slow when they worked together on weekends, and one day weboo tried to take him on. Holy shit aspie went tard strength on that kid. Almost choked him out, they broke so much shit. They both got fired on the spot, so me and a few other servers had to stay and finish the dishes.

The front of house staff had a party for a few people's birthdays (including mine) at a house that some of the servers were renting. It was all good, very fun, i got plastered, hooked up with an ex employ, typical shit. I passed out at 2 am, woke up at 6:45 and drove home without anyone realizing i left. Cont. next comment
>>
>>8200900
Cont.

So i go into work the next day and find out that one of the younger kids in the back of the house died driving home. Wasn't drunk, but he took 6 tabs of dirty ass acid. He was bestfriends with a girl i really liked that was a host who wasn't at the party. She flipped and blamed everyone at the party. Apparently he had a bad addiction to acid and had been clean for a year and just slipped up that night.

She would still talk to me, and we would still go out on dates, but she would always start asking me about that night. I think they wanted to pin the girl that sold him the shit with a manslaughter charge. His mom would come in and talk to people and be very nice, she was really good friends with the girl i liked, and would stare me down, but never talked to me. She knew i knew what had happened. That was fucking weird. Now i bartend at a nice place. fuck Mellow Mushroom.
>>
>>8200911
>addiction to acid

But that isn't even possible
>>
>>8200900

winnar!
>>
>>8200911
LSD is not addictive. Nice try.
>>
>>8201006
you can be mentally addicted to anything
>>
>>8201006
>>8200965

Call it what you want, but we had been doing acid as much as possible. He obviously would trip hard out of building a tolerance.

But we would try to trip several times a week, and would go through a sheet every week or two. I'm sure a lot of what he was buying were different research chemicals. I used to be heavy into that shit too, but not taking 10-14 hits per trip type of deep.

Point still stands, hadn't taken acid after a year of being clean, and dropped 6 hits and drove home two hours later.
>>
>>8201025
*wouldn't trip hard out of building a tolerance
>>
Mine aren't as bad as the Moroccan guy, but still no fun.

I worked at bill millers for a while as a busboy/dish washer, it was like being on some kind of slave ship. Never any hot water,horrifically unsanitary conditions too. Once the back floor drain clogged and there was about 4 inches of standing, food debris filled, tepid water in the area we washed in. It soaked my socks and I had to get new shoes after that, though I did every two weeks anyhow.

Why? Either my shoes would get so full of food that the shoe would sprout mushrooms/mold, or flies would lay eggs on them, or they would change color and get a sickly brownish yellow gloop on them. There was a giant bucket of freezing cold chicken blood that had to be emptied every so often and once it splashed into my face and I got pretty sick.

I didn't know about drugs back then, or I would have been high all the time. I just hid in the restroom or behind the store as much as I could playing gba.

Once a dude with long crusty dreadlocks got them inside the big pot of beans, the manager was like " I ain't wasting all them damn beans, serve em! "

I hated that place and rarely eat at BMs anymore.
>>
>>8201030
Great example of Texas BBQ
>>
>>8200755
I work for a pizzeria that only pays us the 2$ delivery charge they charge the customers but we get so busy that Ive made $170 on a Friday working 4 hours AFTER filling up my tank. I walked out once with $300 on New Years eve in 3 hours because I took 3 catering and 10 regular deliveries and everyone tipped me fat.
>>
>>8200510
Worked at one place. Beautiful location an safari themed. Had two dining rooms and a bar.

Only worked a couple of shifts. The head chef was a manlet of the angriest variety. As a way of intimidating me (i think) he asked me if I had ever had a woman piss and shit herself because she was so scared of what you would do to her.

There were knives which had been thrown and stuck into the wall too high for anyone to reach, so they just kind of stayed there.

The owner got a buttload of GHB and one night practically passed out in the bar, in front of customers during what passed for service. He was wiping his lips with the back of his hand, leading to the longest spit string I have seen in my life. We had to carry him upstairs.

It became apparent some of the guys were months behind on paychecks.

While I only worked literally two shifts, one of the bartenders was a total bro and we used to swap small amounts of weed for unlimited drinks because he wasn't getting paid, nor likely to get paid. It was close to our house and so we would go and drink there fairly regularly for about 6 months.

Then, big surprise, it turns out it went under...

The people who brought the premises thought the floors were rolled up into the walls with a nice curve. It wasn't. It was assorted gunk they needed an angle grinder to get rid of.
>>
>>8201183
How the fuck do people keep working for people who don't pay them?
>>
>>8201213
Its the hope that they will get paid soon rather than walk and not get a month or more wages.
>>
>>8201213
The vain hope they will I suppose. And/or a misguided sense of loyalty. He ended up over two grand in the hole over wages, but I am sure tonnes of drinks didn't get rung up and were either swapped for drugs or sold for cash, with him pocketing the balance.

The people who used to drink there were nearly exclusively the bartenders friends...
>>
>>8201006
Nice try what? he was just sharing a story?
>>
>>8201498
Making up a story and sharing one are different
>>
>>8201229
>a month
Why let it get to this point?
>>
>>8200574
One time a homeless man died on our patio from a drug overdose.

Another time I got bitched at for smoking weed on the patio (it was like 3am no one was around) by the owners son. A few days later I was throwing out some rotting vegetables in a Lil shed that the store had in the back (to make compost) and I walked in on him and a busboy slamming blues.

Anther time a football player fornthe dolphins at the time (cant remember his name for the life of me) pulled up on his yacht with his family and a few bodyguards. the owners son tried to convince him to eat there and he ended up going to the restaurant next door.

And the last interesting story about that place was when the owner was walking to his car and got robbed at gunpoint. Immediately after calling the police he runs inside and starts bitching at his son. His son had some ghetto low life hired and he got fires like 2 days later and the owner was 100% sure he robbed him. When he told the police and they went to go look for him, the guy was already in jail so he obviously didn't do it. The police stopped taking the case seriously after that.
>>
>>8203608
Guy who posted it here, i didn't make it up.

The girl i was really into told me about the way he would take acid in massive doses, stopped for a year, and dropped a massive strip and decided to drive. He ran into the middle of a semi trailer at an intersection and sheared the top of his car.

http://accidentdatacenter.com/us/colorado/denver-co/lakewood/15/04/16/robert-buckingham-20-killed-accident-between-car-and-semi-south-wadsworth-boulevard-and-south-jewell

fuck you.
>>
>>8204833
Holy shit I live like 10 mins from there on Wadsworth.

Is it Colorado natives or Commiefornians that are absolute shit at driving? I drive down Wadsworth and 285 to Conifer for work every day and every 3 weeks some motorcyclist or car has gone over a high barrier ravine and died. I've been driving 75 in a 65 mph zone on I-25 and had some faggot come behind and flash his lights and beep his horn repeatedly, even thigh to my right there was a semi and therefor nowhere to go and no way for me to speed up, since the car was also going 75 in front of me.

My insurance agent also informed me that nowadays 1/2 motorists is uninsured, and CO is the state with the most hit and run wrecks.
>>
>>8204888

Nice trips

I dont live in the metro anymore, i moved out to a rural area. I travel quite a bit and everywhere i've rented a car, people are just terrible drivers. I also think with all the new people in CO, drivers just have no clue what they're doing 2 miles outside of where they typically drive.
>>
>>8200510
Wtf what kind of post is this?

You should be banned.
>>
>>8205461
Thanks for contributing nothing.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 0

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.