[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

hey /ck/, i have a ton of canned whole kernel corn with me what's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: sweet_corn_and_corn_ears.jpg (114KB, 620x250px) Image search: [Google]
sweet_corn_and_corn_ears.jpg
114KB, 620x250px
hey /ck/, i have a ton of canned whole kernel corn with me
what's something nice i can do with it besides eating straight from the can?

i already made corn chowder so i'm trying to think of something else
>>
>>8200211
Trout bait
>>
You could blacken it by draining it till dry and throwing it in hot cast iron.
Or you could make creamed corn. Google, I don't wanna type that up
>>
You could make a corn sandwich, a corn pie, a corny joke... you could also mix it with bacon, because bacon makes everything better.
>>
Never made with corn from a can (just fresh or frozen), but Indo corn fritters (perkedel/dadar/bakwan jagung) are nice.
Basically get self raising flour and mix it with fresh chopped coriander leaves, onion leaves and lime leaves (after removing the stem bit) as well as freshly powdered coriander seed and peppercorn and some salt. Then make a well in the middle and add egg. Beat the egg and stir in kernel corn, pasted garlic and finely minced shallot (also finely minced red chilli, if desired) then mix the flour and egg mixture together, adding as much water as necessary to make a batter slightly thicker than American pancake batter. Try not to over mix.
Drop by the spoonful into a pan of hot oil and cook, flipping to cook each side evenly then serve.
Many people use a mixture of self-raising flour and sweet rice flour, but just self-raising is fine if sweet rice flour is hard to come by or you don't think you'd have much use for it.
Some people add a little sugar to the flour, too, so if you think you'd like it a tad sweeter and you live in USica, Bisquick pancake mix might also be good here in place of self-raising flour.
>>
>>8200211
>drain several cans of corn of their liquid
>make a large foil packet
>line bottom of foil packet with chopped onions and peppers
>cover those with either olive oil or pats of butter
>scatter corn over that
>top with salt, pepper, paprika or cayenne, and a little more butter or olive oil
>wrap packet up and either grill (for 20 minutes) or bake at 425F for 35-40 minutes
>take out roasted corn and either eat as is as a side dish, or use to make corn salsa, or as salad topping, or in mexican food (like tacos, burritos, tamales, tacos, etc), or mix with cream cheese and melt together to make a roasted corn dip....the possibilities are kind of endless.
>>
>>8200251
thank you, corn fritters sounds very nice
are corn fritters meant to be sweet or salty? or is it a personal choice?
also do people serve corn fritters as a appetizer or dessert?
or can corn fritter stand alone as a dish with maybe some kind of dip or sauce?

>>8200263
thanks, i can try that next time i fire up the grill
i really like the mix of spice in here, i'll have to if i have paprika or cayenne in the pantry
>>
>>8200303
Salty
I've never heard of them served as a dessert, though I suppose you could make a dessert version.

Usually they are either an appetizer or a side dish
>>
>>8200303
In Indonesian families, they're meant as a snack food and are savoury (hence the shallot, garlic, herbs and spices), but I guess they can be made sweet if that's your thing. Just omit literally everything but the corn, egg and flour and add some sugar to the batter, I guess.

Another use for corn that I've picked up from Americans is to make succotash. It's a ragout of sweet corn, tomatoes, peppers (or chillies) and any shell bean (peeled of its shell, of course, like broad beans or lima beans). While not traditional, I add onion to mine. I caramelise the onion, peppers and tomatoes together then add the kernel corn and the shelled beans and simmer until reduced. For colour, I like to use yellow peppers as contrast to the red of the tomatoes and green of the beans.
Again, though, I make that with fresh or frozen corn, but I don't see how usng a tin of the stuff would make much difference.
>>
>>8200346
thanks, i have never heard of succotash before but it sounds like a great side dish
i don't have beans and tomatoes with me at the moment, but i'll look into it in the future
>>
>>8200211
You could send it to me, that'd be nice
>>
i'd just mix a little ketchup into the can and eat it with a spoon.
>>
i'd just mix some ketchup into the can and eat it with a spoon.
>>
>>8200621
Are you my sister? She's disgusting like you. GET THE FUCK OUT.
>>
Corn salsa homie
>>
>>8200211
>canned whole kernel corn
>whole kernel
okay now i'm curious, do they sell it in other forms than whole in your country? because i've never seen anything other than that around in my area
>>
>>8200804
what about hominy?
>>
>>8200817
>hominy
interesting, that hasn't even got a wikipedia article in my language
>>
>>8200835
see >>8200340
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.