[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Now that this is apparently back and seemingly permanent, what

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 5

File: 17413709555_09e695701d_o.jpg (43KB, 640x441px) Image search: [Google]
17413709555_09e695701d_o.jpg
43KB, 640x441px
Now that this is apparently back and seemingly permanent, what does /ck/ think? Also taco bell hot sauce general discussion.
>>
>>8197899
Diablo sauce is just flavorless watery goop. Most taco bell sauces taste as bad as canned enchilada sauce. I always get two big handfuls of sauce whenever I go there, and I always end up throwing them away.
>>
File: thumb_600.jpg (62KB, 590x590px) Image search: [Google]
thumb_600.jpg
62KB, 590x590px
>>8197899
Its pretty good, but for some reason it seemed marginally hotter when it was on for a limited time only release
I'm guessing they toned it down a notch to appeal a larger market so it was more profitable
>>
>>8197928
Since when are taco bell hot sauces profitable? If anything, cashiers always give too much away instead of asking you how much you want. This leads to higher than average food costs for the restaurant, which in the long term, leads to the company watering down their sauces even more. It's a vicious cycle.
>>
Tastes like syrup with capsaicin added

0/10
>>
>>8197941
in terms of customers coming back to have a certain food item WITH that sauce you business pleb
>>
>>8197941
Because the ingredients they use are dirt cheap since it's not an actual hot sauce, just capsaicin and fillers. Just like their food, it's cheap for them to buy and sell at a moderate to low cost.
>>
>>8197941
There's a couple things to look at here

>>8197952 is correct. Because of diablo sauce, Taco Bell is trying to appeal to a larger audience that includes many who go to Del Taco because their inferno sauce is levels above Taco Bell's fire sauce.
That being said, in my opinion the first version of Diablo sauce may have been as hot (if not hotter) than the inferno sauce. The permanent version, while hotter than the fire sauce, doesn't seem to have the same kick

The other thing to look at is why they toned it down with the permanent version.
It's likely the original diablo sauce appealed to 10% of the market who want the hottest sauce from a fast food place, while the permanent version may appeal to 15% of the market and dropping the 5% who go to Del Taco solely because the inferno sauce is hotter than the new diablo sauce
>>
>>8197952
Nobody goes to taco bell to "have a certain food item with that sauce". Sauce is never *the deciding factor* that brings in more business.

People who go to taco bell are people who are very high and very drunk and have lowered their standards to the point where they'll agree with whatever establishment the collective ouija board of drunkedness has decided to raid that night.

It isn't about the sauce. It is never about the sauce.
>>
>>8198025
I used to really like the fire sauce, but it only complimented cheap taco Bell shit, so I guess it was a push.
>>
megusta la mostasa de lima peru
>>
>>8198025
This simply isn't true.
I go to Taco Bell a lot more now because they have Diablo sauce. It just makes the tacos and other things better.

On a similar note, have you ever tried mixing Taco Bell sauce with tacos from Del Taco?
Put Taco Time hot sauce on a based meximelt?
Etc., etc.,
It just doesn't work. The sauces are formulated to enhance said chains seasoned meats, and there is zero crossover potential
>>
>>8198044
chinga tu madre pinche grifo
no hay nada mejor que salsa verde ranchera casera
>>
>>8198049
I wish we had a Del Taco. My GF and I would go exclusively to Del Taco and never go to TB again.

TB is all we have unfortunately, and I hate always having a car full of dried floor cheese and hot sauce packets that we never eat.

I make my own sauces/salsas at home, and I love and appreciate spicy flavors. Taco bell hot sauce is like tomato sauce with dried paprika and dried chili powders. It's boring and naive.
>>
>>8197899
Great, I use it on everything.
>>
>>8198055
Pinche vato joto, la salsa roja es la mera verga y las demas no
>>
>>8198087
Chupale la verga de me chihuahua. Esa es la unica salsa que necesitas
>>
File: 18k5pvipr2ur8jpg.jpg (497KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
18k5pvipr2ur8jpg.jpg
497KB, 960x540px
>>8197899
>Eating that shit they pass as meat
Haha poorfags!
>>
>>8198077
Del Taco is pretty based, I must admit.
I mean let's be honest here, their tacos are shit but what do you expect on 3 for $1 tacos on Tuesdays and 49 cents every other day. When I was 18 and first moved out, I lived on those bastards and never came close to getting sick of them. But again, I was 18. Their tacos pale in comparison to Taco Bell.

Now their burritos.. Thats a completely different story. The Del Classic chicken burrito is truly sublime.
I haven't even tried their high level carne asada burritos yet, but it's on my to do list
>>
>>8198099
Saca las caguamas mejor
>>
>>8198077
>>8198126
And they have the best fries in all of fast food. No contest
>>
>>8198126
i like their cheese
they have tangy "del taco" cheese
taco bell cheese is boring
same texture, but boring
>>
>>8198108
I see no problem here.
>>
>>8198108
>1lb of 80/20 ground beef, tortillas, lettuce, tomato, cheese, onions, taco seasoning at the grocery store is $6 and a weeks worth of tacos

>2 crunchy tacos plus a based meximelt, $5 for lunch = poorfags

Choose one and only one you poor, poverty stricken faggot
>>
>>8198216
I don't know where the fuck you live but here a pound of ground beef is 7$ on its own.
>>
>>8198216
That shit would cost me like $15
>>
>>8198216
Nigga that's about 15 dollars, beef is like 4-5 bucks on its own.
>>
>>8198216
>1lb of 80/20 ground beef, tortillas, lettuce, tomato, cheese, onions, taco seasoning at the grocery store is $6
lolno
>>
>>8198227
Seriously? Western US (Idaho, Utah, Nevada, Arizona)
80/20 is around $3.89
90/10 is around $4.39
93/7 extra lean is around $4.89

80/20 is perfect fat to meat ratio for tacos.

We also have:
73/27 for $3.19 but It's fatty and greasy as fuck.
The 90 and up range is far too lean, and your taco meat will be terribly dry after a day in the fridge.
>>
>>8198216
That's honestly going to run you like $15-20, but considering most faggots that think TB is cheaper eat it 5-7 days a week, you're STILL completely correct.
>>
>>8198295
>Idaho, Utah, Nevada, Arizona
oh right i pay more because i dont live in an irrelevant flyover state, but fair dues anyway
>>
>>8198288
Your beef is about a dollar or two off mine.
Why does the other shit cost 10-11 dollars?
>>
>>8198319
$2-3 for a bag of tortillas or a box of shells
$2-3 for a bag of shredded cheese
at least $4 for enough veggies for a week's worth of tacos. a head of lettuce, 2-3 tomatoes, 2 medium white onions
>>
>>8198297
>eating TB 5-7 days a week

Lol no. Enjoy eating nothing but $15 worth of shitty homemade tacos for the next 5-7 days or until you throw out the leftovers. Meanwhile I'll spend $3 for lunch at taco bell and then eat other stuff.
>>
>>8198315
+California to the list
>>
>>8198319
Cheese is like 2-3 bucks, lettuce is like a dollar, seasoning is around 50 cents or less, two tomatoes is like a dollar, same for two onions taco kit with hard and soft is like 3 bucks. Thus around 15 bucks. Still cheaper than going to taco Bell multiple times per week though.
>>
>>8198338
what?
>>
>>8198329
Really??
>box of 12 shells $1.25
>bag of shredded cheese $3
This is fair, but I bought a 2 pound bag a couple weeks ago that would last me a month
>$4 for veggies
Head of lettuce for 75 cents. One white onion 30 cents. 3 roma tomatos 50 cents

Do you live in Alaska?
>>
>>8198297
yeah but the serving size for ground beef would be about 4 oz, if you're only eating tacos for lunch you'd still have to go back and spend all of that over again
So $15-20 becomes $30-40
and taco bell only costs maybe $5 per >>8198216, so eating taco bell for dinner would be $35

That and the added convenience of not needing to cook your own food might make taco bell a preferred choice

Is making your own food healthier?
Yeah
Is it less expensive?
Not necessarily so
>>
>>8198349
>>8198338
>>8198315

>Implying all western US states are flyover states.
The narrative has been corrected
>>
>>8198367
Actually, yes I do. I was just about to respond to
>>8198333
His $3 of TBell would cost $4-5 in my neck of the woods. We don't have a dollar menu, we have a dollar-39 menu. "The ads lie" is a fairly common phrase among TBell staff.
>>
>>8198371
>taco bell for dinner
*lunch
>>
>>8198376
How is it in Alaska? Do you like it? What brought you there?

I ask because it seems a very harsh, yet comfy environment to live
>>
>>8197899
It's definitely got the heat I desire but I think it tastes kinda funky, so I still use the Hot, because the fire is a little weird to me too
>>
>>8197899
It's shit.
>>
>>8198374
Irrelevant states overran by illegals providing cheap labour (aka lower prices) known as the southwestern usa is not the west coast you mong
>>
>>8198476
>I think it tastes kinda funky

This. It has an odd flavor that reminds me of the smell of old vacuum cleaners.
>>
>>8198947
Phoenix and Las Vegas aren't flyover cities and large swaths of Utah and Arizona are sites of unique geographic splendor that garner a ton of tourism. I'm not a particular fan of the west but outside of wastelands like northern Nevada it's definitely not flyover on the same level as middle-of-the-country nowhere like Kansas, Nebraska, Oklahoma, Iowa, etc. which offer few cities and primarily massive stretches of sustenance farming and dusty small towns.
>>
>>8198947
>Utah
>Idaho
>southwest

Do you even geography, Europe?
>>
>>8197899
im a huge fan of there mild sauce. the sell it in bottles where i live so i just buy that when im running out of packets. also why the FUCK did they get rid of verde? was it really that unpopular? i miss verde
>>
File: Monumentvalley.jpg (1MB, 4819x1500px) Image search: [Google]
Monumentvalley.jpg
1MB, 4819x1500px
>>8201325
Utah may be geographically closer to the center than Arizona or Nevada but it's certainly still in the southwest. It practically defines it, visually.

They're absolutely off on Idaho, though. The term they probably should have gone for instead of "southwest" is "mountain west."
>>
>>8197899
the sanctity of this place has been fouled.
>>
File: 50286790.jpg (20KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
50286790.jpg
20KB, 450x450px
>he still eats his taco bell sauce from a packet
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.